Black Chicken Studios Forums

"They changed it, now it sucks"

This is the second time the forum has changed, "fixed" if you will, when it was working perfectly before.

Why can't people leave well enough alone!? Is there no sense of Tradition? My negation skills are sadly ineffective on this. *cries*

People don't tend to do things for no reason and if websites never got updated we'd be stuck in a hell of GeoCities and dancing baby gifs. Just you wait and see, come the next change you'll be talking about how great this layout was :P

I'd rather deal with the occasional spam bot than this hot garbage. And yes, while the next layout will be complained about it will be mostly because it'll inevitably be even uglier. The prospect of being run over by a tank does not make being run over by a car not a bad thing.

Quite frankly, a 90's era Geocities style minimalist in coding forum would be great. Even back then the dancing baby gifs were optional, and yeah, what we had before this recent revision, (And the one before that also, in fact) was not so inundated with spam that a revision was necessary, and even if it was that still doesn't necessitate a complete redesign. They're assholes, pure and simple.

I'm sure we'll get used to it, but... Eventually we'll just get reduced to UIs from Idiocracy. what a joy that will be.

Edit, the Idiocracy pic fits in with this forum so well it's genuinely frightening.

hospitle-register-FINAL.jpg

We delayed this update as much as possible, but the old version was no longer supported, plus the usual security stuff, blah, blah.

Trust us when we say there is no joy in letting IPS upgrade us - other than we don't have to do it - but we do have to deal with the aftermath.

We were told usernames and display names were "merged", with username being priority. If anyone strongly needs a change, feel free to email academagia @ gmail . com.

Was tempted to change "Schwarzbart" to "SchwarzbartReturns" but didn't, alas.

2 minutes ago, Academagia Fan said:

We delayed this update as much as possible, but the old version was no longer supported, plus the usual security stuff, blah, blah.

Trust us when we say there is no joy in letting IPS upgrade us - other than we don't have to do it - but we do have to deal with the aftermath.

We were told usernames and display names were "merged", with username being priority. If anyone strongly needs a change, feel free to email academagia @ gmail . com.

Was tempted to change "Schwarzbart" to "SchwarzbartReturns" but didn't, alas.

Eh...if ipsLayout_body didn't have a capped width that boxed everything in worse than a certain 2010-era UI, there weren't the automatic double line breaks (because apparently people need that for some reason?), the reply body didn't keep telling me to Ctrl+right click to get the option to use Ctrl+V in a less convenient way and the entire thing didn't look like a bunch of bleach washed over a series of post-it notes rather than something that someone might call an internet forum it might actually make something of itself.

Missed opportunity with SchwarzbartReturns, also :P.

Well, my real given name is David. Which is my biological father's middle name. (I only met him twice when I was really small)

My middle name is Paul, after a paternal uncle I never met.

And my family name is Atwood, which is my mother's maiden name because my father wasn't present at my birth or something.

I chose Freespace (2) as my screen name because it was the first video game I played on the internet. I added dotcom to  it because it was quick to come to my mind and made sure it was unique enough to never be taken. (I've left a trail on the internet.)

Anyway, I prefer freespace over the net.

Also, to the Legate and Academagia Fan, please give us a couple days notice before we get 'upgraded' again. It might take away a bit of the seething rage over it. ;)

Finally got my name back :)

Still find it sad that the updated version no longer have the direct editing view I usual used in this forum.

Also that Edge bring all the time that academagia.invisionzone.com want to send me notifications is annoying (even with me disabling them all in the forum)

Wha...? I return from an adventure and everything's...boring! No fancy design, no neat backgrounds... did Joana do this??

Joking aside, I KNOW it's a good idea to update if it cuts down on vulnerabilities and means less spam get through the filters. Just surprised at the suddenness of it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a minor meltdown over this! I opened up the page and practically dropped my phone. I'm an idiot when it comes to change. I spent ten minutes accidently pressing on profiles and the wrong topics.

Edit: Just realized we sound like stereotypical movie old people yelling at each other about change. "Darn whippersnappers an' ther' mobile friendliness! I can't find the right page!" *waves cane around*

But seriously am I just being dumb or is anyone having trouble navigating pages? You guys can call me dumb *sobbing winky face*

Archived