Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question about being informed about skills

Rhialto

I am wondering whether there might be a bug now with how and whether skills are informed about to the player, so that the player may train in them through such actions as using the Train action.

My situation is as follows: in my most recent and ongoing playthrough, I successfully completed the Dance of Fools adventure using the architecture route. Yet I was not informed about the skill architecture. Then, I tried to complete the Venalicium library adventure in one go. This required several playthroughs, with reloading. in some of these playthroughs, I failed at the architecture roll, yet after the completion of that failed stage, I was informed of the architecture skill. Finally, I was able to complete the Venallicium library adventure in one slot, this time succeeding at a traps roll. Yet now I discover that I have still not been informed about traps.

So I am wondering whether I am wrong to think that if there were logic to this game, succeeding at a roll with a given skill should, at minimum, inform the player of that skill. Or is this some bug?

Its no bug because the number of reward given out is intentional limited and success in a roll could mean you already have maxed the skill and so a other reward is better. Also if you make it trough the adventure with the help of magic or your clique member (yes if they better then you in the roll they roll for you instead) would you really learn about the skill or would you learn about other important things from this adventure? While when you fail its usual that you think about why you have failed.

Actual it was a request by us player to change it, in old adventures the reward where mostly -1 to the skill on failure and +1 to the skill on success even at rolls where the player already should have 10 in the skill to even think about success the roll. There still some adventure like this in the game especial the student adventures where no player so far asked to change them.

Archived