Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deciduous

Newbie Mod Questions

9 posts in this topic

I'm starting to muck around with the mod tools and have some questions.

  1. Is there a collection of player mods anywhere? If I ever get my efforts into a decent shape, will I be able to circulate them?
  2. I'm planning on expanding the Research (action). I've seen MaskedHuzzah's efforts -- are there any easy ways to Expand a random or informed Research Topic? How about a random, circumscribed research topic (ex. any Astrology, Geometry, or Arithmetic topic)? I think I could do the later with Reference tables, but there may be an easier way.

 

Wish me luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made some mods and uploaded them in a single ZIP file but beyond that I'm not aware of a mod collections.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next -- how do I load my mod to test it? I have a nice file "Research Mod 01.amm" and the game running wherever Steam put it.

Also, what are Monsters? Did anything happen with them in the proper game or are they like Rimbal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it:

(drive)/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Academagia has a long title/Mods

Still wondering about Monsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.amm is an unpublished mod file, you need to publish it first.

Monsters are indeed a mechanic that ended up on the cutting room floor, same as the Rimbal game. Though at least one monster ended up making a cameo appearance in a location adventure, so...close enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would the function of a monster be? Would it be part of a battling system, akin to dueling? Because right now there are various creatures in the text adventures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Metis said:

.amm is an unpublished mod file, you need to publish it first.

Monsters are indeed a mechanic that ended up on the cutting room floor, same as the Rimbal game. Though at least one monster ended up making a cameo appearance in a location adventure, so...close enough.

Now I'm getting the long publishing time other folks talked about. Progress.

Thanks for the Monster info. Has anyone tried staging a modded Duel with one? (Which adventure? Did it do anything or just be a bit of text?)

Now, a forum UI question -- how can I step in and out of a quote. I wanted my first line to go after Metis' first line, my second after his second, etc. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

What would the function of a monster be? Would it be part of a battling system, akin to dueling? Because right now there are various creatures in the text adventures.

Basically a fight of some sort. The monsters, their attacks and the descriptions for both still exist in the mod tools, so you can get a decent idea of how things would have gone down.

15 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Now I'm getting the long publishing time other folks talked about. Progress.

Thanks for the Monster info. Has anyone tried staging a modded Duel with one? (Which adventure? Did it do anything or just be a bit of text?)

Now, a forum UI question -- how can I step in and out of a quote. I wanted my first line to go after Metis' first line, my second after his second, etc. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Yeah, don't be surprised if it takes over 6 hours to publish. It takes forever.

Can't do so, 'far as I know. Duels only work with students.

You need multiple quotes to do that. 'Been that way since before the update 'far as I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Metis said:

Basically a fight of some sort. The monsters, their attacks and the descriptions for both still exist in the mod tools, so you can get a decent idea of how things would have gone down.

Can't do so, 'far as I know. Duels only work with students.

Thanks. I shall tinker.

1 minute ago, Metis said:

Yeah, don't be surprised if it takes over 6 hours to publish. It takes forever.

Ugh. Just as well it's time for dinner.

1 minute ago, Metis said:

You need multiple quotes to do that. 'Been that way since before the update 'far as I recall.

For such a fancy bit of forum, very inelegant. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0