Black Chicken Studios Forums

Newbie Mod Questions

Deciduous

I'm starting to muck around with the mod tools and have some questions.

1. Is there a collection of player mods anywhere? If I ever get my efforts into a decent shape, will I be able to circulate them?
  2. I'm planning on expanding the Research (action). I've seen MaskedHuzzah's efforts -- are there any easy ways to Expand a random or informed Research Topic? How about a random, circumscribed research topic (ex. any Astrology, Geometry, or Arithmetic topic)? I think I could do the later with Reference tables, but there may be an easier way.

Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

.amm is an unpublished mod file, you need to publish it first.

Monsters are indeed a mechanic that ended up on the cutting room floor, same as the Rimbal game. Though at least one monster ended up making a cameo appearance in a location adventure, so...close enough.

7 minutes ago, Metis said:

.amm is an unpublished mod file, you need to publish it first.

Monsters are indeed a mechanic that ended up on the cutting room floor, same as the Rimbal game. Though at least one monster ended up making a cameo appearance in a location adventure, so...close enough.

Now I'm getting the long publishing time other folks talked about. Progress.

Thanks for the Monster info. Has anyone tried staging a modded Duel with one? (Which adventure? Did it do anything or just be a bit of text?)

Now, a forum UI question -- how can I step in and out of a quote. I wanted my first line to go after Metis' first line, my second after his second, etc. That shouldn't be hard to do.

23 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

What would the function of a monster be? Would it be part of a battling system, akin to dueling? Because right now there are various creatures in the text adventures.

Basically a fight of some sort. The monsters, their attacks and the descriptions for both still exist in the mod tools, so you can get a decent idea of how things would have gone down.

15 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Now I'm getting the long publishing time other folks talked about. Progress.

Thanks for the Monster info. Has anyone tried staging a modded Duel with one? (Which adventure? Did it do anything or just be a bit of text?)

Now, a forum UI question -- how can I step in and out of a quote. I wanted my first line to go after Metis' first line, my second after his second, etc. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Yeah, don't be surprised if it takes over 6 hours to publish. It takes forever.

Can't do so, 'far as I know. Duels only work with students.

You need multiple quotes to do that. 'Been that way since before the update 'far as I recall.

1 minute ago, Metis said:

Basically a fight of some sort. The monsters, their attacks and the descriptions for both still exist in the mod tools, so you can get a decent idea of how things would have gone down.

Can't do so, 'far as I know. Duels only work with students.

Thanks. I shall tinker.

Yeah, don't be surprised if it takes over 6 hours to publish. It takes forever.

Ugh. Just as well it's time for dinner.

You need multiple quotes to do that. 'Been that way since before the update 'far as I recall.

For such a fancy bit of forum, very inelegant. Thanks for the info.

Archived