Black Chicken Studios Forums

Beta Candidate #3: No Go

Legate of Mineta

Captains;

Alright, voting has been held and the results are in- as always, this will be echoed in the Update.

The final tally was 3 against and 4 in favor.

From last Release, Campaign/Alliance Missions QA was completed, a general Fleet data load was held, and with fixes relating to night battles, repairs and Campaign/Mission Prerequisites were put into place.

Outstanding are:

1) Gameflow QA

2*) Production Overhaul

3*) Range & Fuel Consumption

#2 and #3 *may* be completed within the KS Beta itself, depending on how the Team feels in the coming Release.

These are targeted for Mid-June, when there will be another vote.

We'll keep you updated on when all liberties are cancelled and we're ready to sail!

Not at all.  Only the Gameflow QA necessarily remains as a hurdle.  The other two no go's may work through their issues concurrent with Beta.  I elect to be an optimist! :-)

When VB finally releases, I'll hopefully be able to tell my grandkids all about how I was there when the KS for it was still going on. ;P

I think the team should complete No. 2 & 3 in the KS beta. It gives immediate feedback and larger scale data of real players. And it's a beta. Even if today a lot (online) games have a open beta and call it a "game" you can join, the purpose of a beta is to sample data and fix things by using real people, not only 100 of them and players instead of dev-teams because they might do stuff no dev ever thought of. And if people are dedicated enough to give you money, they are surely dedicated enough to give you qualified feedback.

I mean that's why you have (or had) an alpha (devs only), a beta (selected players) and then the RC. At least I remember it that way until the "open beta" was not only introduced but abused. And in the beginning "open beta" was more of a 2 hour stress test (or 2 seconds, if the system couldn't handle it. XD).

"Beta" phases done well were always: Okay folks you got 1/3/12/X hours to game, then we shut down, reset and collect your feedback. Followed by a light/heavy patch. Then we do it all over again, and  again, and again until it's not funny anymore but we sure as hell get what you want us to. There were even specific tasks for the players. (i.e."Everyone run into map XX now.", "Everyone use a sword with their class.", "Everybody please test poland this time and hunt specificly for ninja and his Spee. It's totally not because it's shiros b-day. We want to test .... um combat calculations in the atlantic.... um yeah. Happy b-day shiro btw.", you get the idea.)

So please don't worry about balancing resources before you have seen all your beautiful math thrown out of the window by real people. In a beta. You will announce next month. Period. (<- just kidding) But seriously, don't be afraid of a closed beta. Just replace "players" with "guinea pigs" (or Versuchskaninchen in case of the KM beta testers) and it's suddenly not so scary anymore.

Sorry for asking, but what does KS stand for? (Might be a bit forgetful...)

Hoping that the game fixes don't mess up with other remaining components of the game as you assess them. That can give the development a serious delay.

12 minutes ago, Gerrion said:

Sorry for asking, but what does KS stand for? (Might be a bit forgetful...)

Hoping that the game fixes don't mess up with other remaining components of the game as you assess them. That can give the development a serious delay.

Kickstarter or the City of Kassel. Pick one. ;)

I'll still be on my NG+ playthrough of Persona 5 in June in all likelyhood, so I suppose I can wait :D

[question] What stage of the development will the team/anyone be able to entertain questions about the cash shop & etc? (I'm mainly concerned on ways to buy them as I and some of us here do not have access to  Credit/Debit cards or pay-pal)

Edit: if this in the wrong thread i'll happily erase this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy that the VB beta is almost ready for action!

and BTW legate what are the few kinks u guys need to patch up & polish before the beta goes live?

I'm guessing u guys at BCS had done a lot with bugs/stability testing

and one more thing will there be a stand alone launcher for the beta/live game?

Archived