Black Chicken Studios Forums

Character ages?

So, we get to experience most major character birthdays, but we don't really know many of their ages. Could someone tell us what the main character's ages are before their in-game birthdays? Here is what I got.

Sadie: Turns 18 at start of game.

Roland: During Valentine's day, Roland says that he got his scarf while in university. Most people graduate British university at age 21, so Roland is most likely at least 21. I'm also not entirely convinced his birthday is actually November 18th either.

Sterling: 18 at the start of the game, turns 19 July 22. In his New Orleans caper, he says on the phone that it is currently his birthday (which irritates Sadie), making his birthday somewhere between mid February to mid March. I'm more inclined to believe that he was truthful to Sadie in Egypt than to some guy on the phone in New Orleans, but still. I'm not sure which is his birthday.

Felix: Seems to be a bit older than Sadie, but not much, so probably 18-20

Nigel: Not much older than Sadie, yet old enough to be a professor, so probably 21-23

Ahmose: Appearance wise anyway, he seems to be about Sadie's age or maybe a little older, so probably 18-21

Anna: Most likely 17 or 18 since Sadie is 18.

Evelyn: I doubt we'll ever learn her age XD. She has to be at least in her forties though.

Ruedger: Probably a similar age to Evelyn.

Zul al Zan: Word of God said he is in his early to mid thirties, so 30-36ish (and yet I still ship him and Sadie SO much)

Lorelei: I really don't like her lol, but given certain possible events with a certain character's ending, I'm curious as to how much older she is than Sadie. Maybe it's just me, but she looks like...older than Zul, and I'm not sure if that was intentional or if I just think she looks a lot older than everyone else XD.

Any information is appreciated~

51 minutes ago, thezooqueen said:

Nigel said he is no more than 5 years older than Sadie. Zul is not in his 30s no way. He looks too young and acts way too cocky and I ship Sadie and He just as hard if not harder :wub:

Cool, so Nigel is probably 23ish. Also, sorry to burst your bubble, but Zul really is in his early to mid thirties XD. I asked some questions about Zul earlier that they answered beautifully here: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3469-zuls-ethnicity-and-age/

I highly recommend you read it. It's very informative. I learned way more about Zul than I thought I ever would.

26 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

That's a good one, let me ask!

Thanks~ I'm itching to know XD.

Any word on the ages? I'm not trying to sound pushy, I just figured that this thread got shoved back due to Victory Belles discussions that get a lot more views and comments XD.

Okay, thanks~^_^

This isn't *completely* canonical, but...

We would put Roland at 23 - maybe 24 - at the start of the game.  Awfully young for his responsibilities, sure, but he's probably been doing really stupid stuff for his country since he was Sadie's age.  [Hence his unwillingness to question her competence even as he occasionally brooded over what he was getting her into.]

Sterling's birthday is indeed the later one.  We suspect, but won't swear, that Sterling was actually in a mood to celebrate his younger brother's birthday in July, but wasn't going to be honest about it with the young woman he was being extorted into guarding/observing/manipulating.

Felix?  Yep, he's definitely less than a year older than Sadie.

Dead on with Nigel.  He used to babysit Sterling, and they were close enough in age for the relationship to have been almost fraternal.  Say 24 at the start of play.

For Ahmose, the question is almost irrelevant.  He was entombed in his mid-teens, traveled in various dreamscapes at various times to learn strange magical skills, but only physically aged either when his tomb was endangered or at times of such profound supernatural significance that he was roused from his sleep despite himself.  Physically, 21 or so probably isn't wrong, but it seems kind of beside the point.  :)

Anna was in the same graduating class as Sadie; individual players can come to their own conclusions if they were basically the same age or if one skipped or fell back a year along the way.  ;)

Bigglesworth has been told to say that Evelyn is 29 for several years now.

Seriously, though, Ruddy and Evelyn are younger than they tend to act.  Ruddy was very young at the start of World War I.  Old enough to fight in it, but not yet out of university.  When it was done and his family was basically gone, Sadie's parents reached out to him before he could self-destruct, gave him a home in the States where he could continue his studies, and nursed him back to health and relative sanity.  If we suppose Evelyn was born somewhere between 1899 and 1901, she would've been out learning to party (and also how to manage the family fortune, though nobody believed it at the time) when the haunted and charming young nobleman stumbled into her orbit, and... well, the rest was what it was.

And, yes, Evelyn was therefore really young when she stepped up to look after Little Sadie.  Most of her friendships kinda fell fallow for several years then, with only Ruddy and Bigglesworth (whom she probably inherited from the Keatings) digging in to help her out.

Lorelei definitely should not look older than everyone else... but life hasn't been kind.  ;)

She's in her late 20s when we meet her.

Dang it Sterling, of course he'd be the character whose birthday isn't set in stone XD. I was hoping he'd be truthful with Sadie, but....I'm not surprised lol. But not knowing Sterling's exact birthday makes me a bit miffed at him. I was really rooting for him telling the truth.

Not completely canonical? I can see why the developers might not have completely decided ages, so that's understandable. I appreciate the ages listed and the guesstimates.

So we got

Roland: 23-24 (probably 23)

Sterling: 19, but actually 18 until sometime in February/March (because he's a liar <<)

Felix: 18

Nigel: 24

Ahmose: 21ish physically

Anna: 17-18 (many people graduate high school at 17, so that's still plausible even without her failing)

Evelyn: In her early to mid-thirties (and Zul is too...and he's a romance option...food for thought XD)

Ruedger: In his thirties, though probably mid to late thirties (just a little older than Evelyn)

Lorelei: Late twenties, so 26-29 (yeah...time hasn't been pleasant to her. Run that one character in that ending. RUN XD)

I think one reason I always think Evelyn is older is that her and Ruddy are similarly aged, and yet they both have this off-shade of light brown hair that kind of comes off as grey, making them look older XD. Thanks for the info~ Now I can be irritated at Sterling for another reason. Add that to the 'things Sterling did to irritate me' list.;)

Archived