Black Chicken Studios Forums

Coming Update

Legate of Mineta

12 minutes ago, zhao-zhanghua said:

:huh:Who can tell me what happened on May 29th in history? Is that a special day?

Well it's Memorial Day in the US. 

No interview at all?  I figure if we're going to skip Verdun, we could at least go for the second highest votes.  U-29, Obviously.  Let's interview U-29.  Please do this for me.  I'll give you a cookie.

10 hours ago, Admiral Korky said:

Why 29th of May?

HEADQUARTERS GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC General Orders No.11, WASHINGTON, D.C., May 5, 1868 1. The 30th day of May, 1868, is designated for the purpose of strewing with flowers or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country during the late rebellion, and whose bodies now lie in almost …

^Earliest instance of Memorial Day, which was named Decoration Day at the time, was commonly accepted as Memorial Day after WW2.

"On June 28, 1968, Congress passed the Uniform Monday Holiday Act, which moved four holidays, including Memorial Day, from their traditional dates to a specified Monday in order to create a convenient three-day weekend "

^That is why it is every last Monday. 

9 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

On a related note, I've made the new Board

Reveal hidden contents

I made it in MS paint in about 15 minutes.  Don't judge me.

The new Board.jpg

May I...?

Libertadboard.png.b47a0f07de0b36e76cf103d4dff70651.png

10 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

No interview at all?  I figure if we're going to skip Verdun, we could at least go for the second highest votes.  U-29, Obviously.  Let's interview U-29.  Please do this for me.  I'll give you a cookie.

Pac, it takes a not insignificant amount of time and effort to write an interview. I think that effort is going into the May 29 event. :-)

Just to make something of a wasted friday evening without update:

The Köln, the Gneisenau and U-29 walk into a bar, with Aoba and Takao at the bar and Orion behind it. (And libertad prolly at the loo, but who knows.)

Question to the audience, what happens?

15 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

On a related note, I've made the new Board

Reveal hidden contents

I made it in MS paint in about 15 minutes.  Don't judge me.

The new Board.jpg

6 hours ago, Dmnt said:

May I...?

Libertadboard.png.b47a0f07de0b36e76cf103d4dff70651.png

4 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

While pretty, she is not confirmed, so I can't put her on the board.

So, let me get this straight Ninjapacman... You make it a holy crusade to get Nagato the vote on the simple basis that 1) Nagato existed, 2) she was one of seven battleships at the start of the war to have 16-inch guns and therefore 3) she must be a Belle.

Canarias notes in her interview (Update #32) that 

Libertad and Lepanto surrendered following the Civil War. The former has taken the name Galicia, trying to make people forget about her tainted past.

Some have forgotten what they did.

I have not.

...and so Dnmt really, really wants to see if Galicia (ex. Libertad) is also a Belle.

But you can't put Galicia/Libertad on your board because there's no guarantee she's a Belle.

I am disappointed.

@Panay's Ghost You seem to misunderstand.  Several times BCS have said that Belles in the Kickstarter page are Confirmed.  All the belles on the new board and Nagato were listed in the original kickstarter campaign, with the exception of Köln, who was revealed by Salmon.  Libertad was in the interviews afterwards, which are not confirmed.  I did not start voting for Nagato or any of the belles on the new board without first making absolute certain they were confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 2:22 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Captains;

This just in: due to [redacted], the Head Editor requests that Verdun be postponed to May 29th.

This means that there will be no Captain's Association interview this week, while [redacted] is completed instead.

Also: Muahahahaha!

Where is the update? It's 2 pm here, 5:00 am in cali and 2am in hawaii..... an since howard and baker island are moved from GMT-12 to GMT-10 since shortly according to google: Did someone forget or not set the alarm/ auto update?

Archived