Black Chicken Studios Forums

Am I playing this Game Right?

Rhialto

A strange question for me to ask after almost 7 years of playing this game off and on, getting better all the while. But these are my general strategies: I focus primarily upon study-level raising, then upon raising skill levels in my PC's subjects, then in Research/Revision (or both; in any case, this is not difficult, since all of my PCs use and have access to the Venalicium, the Library of Stars, and the Library of Mantale), and then a few other skills that are appropriate for my character. This leaves me with little time to do many adventures or build up a clique; I consider my game to be very full if I can complete more than 8 adventures: The Main Adventure, a class-mate's adventure, Scenes from Dialectic Class, Oan's Adventure, The Thing about the Venalicium Library, the Edge of Nowhere, and A Day in Mineta are the core adventures that I finish.

I really enjoy the adventures, so I have some questions:

1. Will this type of playstyle pay dividends in Y2 in so far as it will allow for greater competence in subjects and accordingly more time for adventuring?

2. Will the class mates' adventures have sequels in Y2? if any will not, which ones (so that I can avoid them)?

3. Will building up a research level to 10 in Y1 have benefits in Y2?

4. Will the Southside Pitts Gang (if that be the correct gang name) have a roll in Y2? I find the adventures with that gang to be interesting, and criminal gangs can spawn so many stories.

Finally, if you think that I am not playing the game correctly, please feel free to tell me.

0) There is no right or wrong way to play Academagia as long you enjoy it!

1) We know next to nothing about year 2 that why no one can tell you what way of play is the "best". Also the best way of play always depend in what you want to reach! I.e. if you want many free time best not take the Secret Background and not stand out to much (i.e. don't be the best in the exam, join any club or become the Professor / Regent favorit).

2) As mentioned before we know next to nothing about year 2 but I think in the initial release there will be at last the main adventure, familiar adventure and student adventure.

3) It was told the lore we get in year 1 trough skills and research will help us in year 2

4) I suspect they will become a continue in year 2 but maybe not in the initial release,

There's plenty more adventures in Y1 you could take a look at, if you're of the adventuring sort. Not that biding your time in Y1 to unleash an adventuring monster in Y2 isn't a valid option, it's just that there's not much of a Y2 right now to really get a return from the investment.

Rhialto;

Just to add to what Schwarzbart wrote, all of the Student, Familiar and Main Adventures do continue into Y2. Other Adventures, especially those in the DLCs, may or may not continue in the base game, but they are likely to continue in Y2's DLCs.

Lore (and Research in general) are much more important in Y2.

...and there's no correct way to play, at least in our view. :)

Archived