Black Chicken Studios Forums

Spellcloak?

avigor

Just got the Screen pheme and I'm trying to figure out, what is the Spellcloak effect? Does this have something to do with Concealment or Discovery Chance, or have an effect during Duels of giving a chance for enemies to fail to recognize what pheme you are using?

Oh, and before I posted this, a google of "academagia spellcloak" had exactly one result, pointing at the CE:Regina article on the wikia (it didn't even seem to find the Screen pheme page, despite it does exist). Just had to mention this random trivia.

Hmm, well I haven't tried using it yet, so far I've just read the fluff description. The wikia did list the pheme as a reward from a skill; I can't remember if that's how I got it or if I got it somehow else though... already closed the game for tonight so yeah I'll experiment with it later.

Well, when I finally got around to trying to cast spells with it, I couldn't find any kind of "ability" being added and the end-of-day report was no help, so I tried to get into a duel but that seems to have been a waste of time; per a post by the Legate in another thread I got another student (in this case, Basia Rydz as she was already at -4) to -7 (via slander actions) after getting schoolyard education to 8 so I could use the "declare vendetta" action, got an adventure of "a gentleman's duel", got a single dialogue option asking which version of a duel I wanted to do (I didn't know what the options meant so I chose short salute, which was then described as keeping the formalities to a minimum), then nothing. Nadda. Zilch. No follow-up, no duel, no chance to test the pheme in a duel. I even spent probably an in-game week trying to get the same option to come back but it didn't work. So I'm reloading the save before the attempt and moving on for now.

In some cases it's put on a timeslot or initiated by having an adventure.... I think there were a few associated with triggering the right adventure... (Unless I'm completely wrong) I remember pursuing a few of those duels just for the sake of trying to test them.

I'm looking forward to the year 2 duel system which is supposedly improved and made more interesting as more of an integral part of the game... From how I understood the description. I really want to see year 2.

Archived