Black Chicken Studios Forums

How Important is receiving Top Marks?

Rhialto

As the title asks. Will this have Y2 rewards? Also, must one be the top scorer in the exams to get any in-game reward, or is it sufficient to be near the top? And will there be rewards for each course so excelled in, or is it only for overall performance?

I just finished a playthrough in which my character gained top marks for all final exams - no student had a higher grade. The social and adventuring life of my character was non-existent. I hope that in Y2 being such a good student in Y1 will have rewards. If we were to have a Y2 Course list, we could better understand the significance of having an extra course slot.

Are the mod tools capable of picking out the top 5 scores from an exam? If so, this is going on my "to mod" list.

How does this sound:

Midterms:

• +2 Merit for top scorer in an exam, possibly a memory for later use.
  • +1 Merit for 2nd through 5th.

Finals:

• +5 Merit for top scorer
  • +4 Merit for 2nd
  • etc

This seems the sort of things Merit gets used for. Additional complications would award further Merit if a character got the top mark in 4, 5, or all of her classes.

Players would get a nice summary message. Characters would get a reward for their hard work. Colleges would have further reason to celebrate the efforts of their most studious.

(Top 5 is chosen arbitrarily. I can also see having a top 5 for midterms to encourage people and a top 3 for finals.)

(If the program can support it, ties would push the next rank down. So, 2 people tie for 2nd, the next qualifying rank is 4th. But multiple people can share last place, so 3 people could tie for 5th which would allow 7 students to share the top 5.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived