Black Chicken Studios Forums

What kind of belle would you prefer?

Sinboto Simmons

Personality wise I'm talking about, just to be clear. 

Maybe I've just become jaded due to life experience but I'll be honest I prefer the more serious characters like miss Verdun  or Bulldog. I know other people like the 'cutie cute' women and that's fine but I actually have a very thin line between 'cute' and 'annoying'. 

I like my belles to have their head on straight, with a quirk for uniqueness being ok (ark royal)

I don't like the 'please protect me' women, in a military setting mind you, and anyone who knows me knows that I have absolutely zero tolerance for for that 'I like you but can't admit it so I treat you like crap' kind of character that japan seems to like so much. 

Break my foot off in your backside if you try that crap with me. *grumble*

Stepping away from that you have ships like kirov, who I like for more than I thought I would frankly, and New Orleans who I'm 80% sure will make me buy a chastity belt. 

Contradictory? Yeah, but hey is what it is right?

Everyone has a kind of personality they like, gotta cover all the bases yeah?

I'm quite fond of anyone who can appreciate the little things in life and stop to smell the proverbial flowers.  I also have great respect for everyone who puts their heart into their work like Nagato and Maass, despite knowing what they're up against.

I also have a personal bias of appreciation for anyone who can bring life to even the most morbid atmosphere, such as Kirov and Nenohi.  I'm never one to look down in life, and I think I'll have a lot of fun with the girls who keep everyone's morale up, instead of worrying or berating themselves.

I like a mix.  On one hand, I do appreciate the Belles who take the situation seriously - something that seems to be missing in a lot of shipgirl fiction.  On the other hand, I do enjoy the more quirky Belles as well, especially the glory-hound Scharnhorst :).

Given so many fine examples in our interview campaign I can't help feeling I've been somewhat biased, but I think I'd be happy somewhere between Hans Lüdemann and Kirov... huh, that's kinda Scotty in Belle form isn't it?

Given the setting, dutiful and proper, but still not willing to sacrifice humanity (for lack of a better term) for duty. I like a dry, witty sense of humor too. Any girl I can verbally spar with is a keeper in my book. The off-the-wall ones tend to bug me a bit too, or at least make me uncomfortable with their extroversion, but being *too* serious takes the life out of people.

Archived