Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question About Y2 and Vacations

Rhialto

I understand that during the summer, players receive marks, choose courses for Y2, return home, and can interact with school friends in various ways.

But the following questions arise for me.

Will players be able to train characters in skills during the summer? Will there be any libraries that can be used for training during the summer?

When will the students set forth for home? Kapsus 1? Later?

While travelling home, will characters be able to do anything, even in a more restricted sense (such as explore the airship, gamble with crew-members, etc.)?

How long will it take for students to travel home, on average?

Will there be adventures specific to vacation times and places?

Will players be able to use catalogues to order equipment and use it before the end of their summer vacations?

Will players be able to post unsent letters retrieved from mysterious bounty hunters during the summer so that they can gain the benefits of sending such letters in the Y2 school year proper?

Will players have to choose Y2 courses before or after they learn their Y1 marks?

Access to Academagia is limited during the summer so only if you be a assistant to a professor or have something like a library card you might access some or all facilities there.

If you not live at Mineta or have the Secret Background the trip can take weeks depending on how rich your parents are and how far away your heritage background is. If you live in Mineta or have the secret background its just a matter of 1 day or less.

From my understanding especial during the trip from and to home there will be adventures otherwise this trip where you have no access to any interesting location will be plain boring.

Each home location will have their own shop and locations. The prices might be drastic different to what they are in Mineta for both buy and sell.

I suspect it will be to late to send the letter as all adventure you have not complete finished will have some kind of finish in year 2.

From what the legate told us so far its planed that you sign for the class and courses when you return from the summer break what make it difficult to keep the needed high relationship with the Professor needed for some options.

KEEP IN MIND THIS ARE ALL PLANED FEATURES AND SUBJECT TO BE CHANGED ANY TIMES BEFORE THE RELEASE.

Let's see...

Will players be able to train characters in skills during the summer? Will there be any libraries that can be used for training during the summer?

Yes, although as Schwarzbart notes, access to the University is strict, and depending on your Background you may be going somewhere else entirely...

When will the students set forth for home? Kapsus 1? Later?

Generally you will be leaving right around then.

While travelling home, will characters be able to do anything, even in a more restricted sense (such as explore the airship, gamble with crew-members, etc.)?

Yes. :)

How long will it take for students to travel home, on average?

It just depends on where you are going, but as Schwarzbart noted, it can be measured in weeks.

Will there be adventures specific to vacation times and places?

Yes.

Will players be able to use catalogues to order equipment and use it before the end of their summer vacations?

There are different shops, depending on where you go. Your catalogues are for the City of Mineta, so you cannot use them, unfortunately.

Will players be able to post unsent letters retrieved from mysterious bounty hunters during the summer so that they can gain the benefits of sending such letters in the Y2 school year proper?

Hahaha! That is a good question, I am not sure. :)

Will players have to choose Y2 courses before or after they learn their Y1 marks?

As Schwarzbart noted. :)

• 1 year later...

So far we know that all the Heritage backgrounds, Family: Sky Pirates and Family: Secret Background for sure change where your character live during the summer break.

The Station backgrounds have a minor influence where and a major influence how you live during the summer break.

(What make me hope that a poor Noble/ Royal born have no parents who make their living from depts and the creditor asking the player to repay it at some point) 

13 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

(What make me hope that a poor Noble/ Royal born have no parents who make their living from depts and the creditor asking the player to repay it at some point) 

A creditor asking a child to pay the debts of their parents. Now that's dark.

Fortunately nobility has ways to get a return from their children haha.

Archived