Black Chicken Studios Forums

Is there still an update coming?

Allura

I wasn't sure where I should put this, so I apologize if this was posted in the wrong place. There are some achievements that are broken in this game as well as some other bugs. Are they still going to be fixed? If so, do you have an ETA? 

On 6/3/2017 at 10:57 AM, thezooqueen said:

We don't have enough people nitpicking every tiny detail of the game like Academagia does. We need more peoples!!! :wacko:

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean or not, but if you mean 'nitpicking' as in 'pointing out bugs/errors/problems', I made two lists.

This is a list of bugs and potential bugs in the game. I tried to make it very extensive and include things that others have mentioned as problems and potential problems though I haven't experienced the problems myself:

And this is a list of those 'text appears behind the characters' glitches though I don't update it as often as if you use the skip read text option, a lot of the time the text appears behind the characters when it wouldn't if you weren't skipping text, and I usually skip read text so...:

I HIGHLY encourage people adding to both lists. Any information added is appreciated, even if it is a glitch you are unsure about or just something you think is off/wrong.

That is not what i mean. What I mean is what i said. There are not enough of us to warrant attention. There are plenty of bug and glitch lists. I have made some myself, but when the game was more popular they were fixed rather quickly because back then there were more people interested in the game. Now not as many. I don't know why and I wish it were not the case. Maybe it is because of the length of time it is taking to get the next year. They are spending all their time on Academagia. I guess it came out before this. So we just have to wait, or hope we get a bigger following to draw their attention.

Yep, I completely misread what you said. My bad XD.

I think one of the problems is that the fanbase is split in two. There are those who played the game when it first came out and those who started playing once it got on Steam. There was several years in-between the original release and Steam release. Instead of the fanbase being 50% old fans and 50% Steam fans, some of the old fans probably moved on so it's like 20% old and 50% new, so there's a gap of 30% of players missing (though this entire statement is basically baseless and is just a theory, so take it for a grain of salt).

However, Academagia is older and only just got a Steam release so...I guess it boils down to market. Scheherazade is an otome game that can appeal to other audiences with the adventure/stat-raising aspect while Academagia starts out as a stat-raiser that is probably the closest way to playing as Harry Potter people have ever gotten, so it appeals to more people to start. The stat-raising aspect of Scheherazade is also a big deterrent for some people, and we can't deny it has a big learning curve. Plus, in recent years WAY more otome games have been released in English, so there are way more games to turn too. Don't mind me, just rambling lol.

We need to like, start some 'Scheherazade Fans Unite' initiative or something XD. Not sure what it would be though. I was considering if people wrote fanfiction/stories, programming it into the game and recording it (so the authors could see their stories in-game with animations and characters and stuff) to try to promote people writing Scheherazade stories, but I'm not sure if people would be interested in that or not, plus that probably wouldn't help gain many new fans, just keep old ones:wacko:.

• 1 month later...

*Appears in the Scheherazade forum in a puff of smoke*

Well, Academagia is older, but I really think that it's overall a more unique kind of game. Nothing against 1931, but to me it looks like every other ren'py game ever made and if it was made by anyone other than BCS I wouldn't honestly have given it another glance. I suspect Ren'py fans tend to move on to the next one once they're done with the one they just finished.

Due to there really being no equivalent game to move on to, Y1 has developed some.... Hardcore followers... And all our energies go to picking out any minute detail that we may have missed, because there isn't any more for us to play. As a result, well, you know how it goes.

*disappears back to the Academagia forum*

• 11 months later...

Ok, it's been almost a year since the last post so I am curious as well as to an update for this game.  Will we get one this year?  I understand that the developers are busy working with Victory Belles but here's the thing.  All the bugs for this game (that we know of) have been reported and there has been plenty of time since then to get them fixed.  It would only benefit everyone for these achievement bugs to be fixed and help boost sales overall.  Also, It would make people see that the developers actually care about player feedback and are putting in their best effort to make the game as enjoyable for everyone.  (Oh and I am talking about the Steam version, of course.  My OCD is acting up that I can't get 100% achievement completion on this game because of the bugs.  lol)

Archived