Black Chicken Studios Forums

Simone Imose: HONORABLE JOURNALIST (aka my attempt to make a new student)

wipeout1024

To enter from extern into year 2 your Student need to have Negation, Dialectic and Botany of at last 5 but probably higher. All other skills are nice to have but no requirement to join Durand. As mentioned Dialectic and Botany are not that problematic to get but the absolut most important skill of Negation is a problem where you must be exact where and how it was gained.

Also keep in mind Journalism have nothing to do with Dialectic in year 1.

What does she use that booksmart talent for dialectic and law for? Unless I'm misreading something horribly she practically forces her way into social groups, has a general lack of respect for people's privacy, focuses on an untempered pursuit for making sure that truth is always spoken and heard, and fully supports a heated college rivalry for the purposes of having an excuse to bicker with a singular Aranaz student. I'm quite sure that that's exactly the kind of behaviour that a combination of dialectic and law would make someone pause and think.

In fact, that actually brings to mind an area where I don't think there's a character claiming dibs yet (?). You could rework her into a fierce lawyer-in-training type, standing up for the rights of accused students and generally making a nuisance of herself to the professors. 

On 6/28/2017 at 10:14 PM, dyrhet said:

In fact, that actually brings to mind an area where I don't think there's a character claiming dibs yet (?). You could rework her into a fierce lawyer-in-training type, standing up for the rights of accused students and generally making a nuisance of herself to the professors. 

Hmm, that does seem like an interesting idea. It would incorporate her existing interests of Dialectic and Law, still preserve most of the spirit and temper, and serve to differentiate herself from most of the cast. It could definitely work! Just let me like ponder this.

Has Academagia had any Alesfan student/s before? No

together with 

Are the Alesfan diplomats meeting with or being courted by merchants to explore commercial opportunities in Alesfa? Not really, there are no safe routes to Alesfa.

Might put a other setback on your character idea. If there would be immigrants from Alesfan in Mineta I suspect there should be a Alesfan student before this year otherwise the immigrants are probably suppressed to not be able to join higher education (even if it is that they simply can't pay the extrem high tuition Academagia ask for) .

Malthezar is the only Alesfan student at the Academagia either which way. Whether there's another located in one of Mineta's many cram schools, or Euneycia's house in the bog leading to Schohanwicht if you want to consider that "within the vicinity of Mineta" (which I personally wouldn't), who knows. Alesfa might not be connected by a safe trade route but they do worship the New Gods, and Mineta is pretty much their holy city, so I imagine that at least a few devoted braved the dangers, made it all the way and ended up settling in the city. And when you're in the city of magic I imagine you don't aspire to become a carpenter, if possible.

• 3 years later...

Wow, it has been quite some time since I've touched this, but I do suppose reworking her into something of a crusading lawyer type would make more sense, even if I know that suggestions are probably being put on hold for the game and all that. And rather than being a direct Alesfan immigrant or ambassador of Alesfa, it might make more sense, if Simone were to remain of Alesfan descent, that her family has simply immigrated to Mineta two or three generations prior, leaving her primarily Minetan in terms of cultural upbringing. But who knows! 

Alternatively, she can be something of a fair-weather activist: energetic and highly passionate about a given cause...although she changes causes every other week. Her concerns range from the frustratingly broad to the strangely specific, but the one constant is her dedication. And her flightiness. To go with that, her upbringing in that character route would likely being her being the descendants of Alesfan artists/pilgrims who came to Mineta in search of divine inspiration, and as such stand at odds with Simone's activism. Even if that activism is ineffectual at best, and actively distracting at worst.