Black Chicken Studios Forums

Belle pairing ideas

DrYuriMom

In two weeks we'll be voting for a short story arc that will pair two Belles. I wish to start the conversation now. 

My pairing suggestion: Nurnberg, Leningrad, and Mahan

That's not a pair, you say?  I can't count, you insist?  Perhaps, but the sheer awesomeness of that three sided "pairing" supercedes all other logic.

The sheer awesome compels you, BCS!

Or at least that's my argument. :P

Any other ideas?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orion and Nubian. Clash of the hunters

Axium and Nubian. Colonial ships and also hunters too

Rawalpindi and Scharnhorst. Scharn gonna get decked. 

Kirov and New Orleans. The ultimate party

Hood and Scharnhorst (and Kongou perhaps). Clash of the BCs, who is best.

Mahan and Leningrad. Because it's funny to torture poor Mahan like that. 

Arizona and Hiryuu. Pearl Harbor babes

Saggy (native Canadian Belle) and any of the Hunter Belles

Hiryuu and Chiyoda. Golf anyone?

Bulldog and Hood. Symbol of Britannia and Pride of the Royal Navy

Yavuz vs Canarias "battle of strategies", Fubuki vs Boise "sorry for sinking you", Graff Spee vs Nevada "ultimate card game", Hood vs Scharnhorst "battle of the Egos"

44 minutes ago, David J said:

Nautilus in just because

12 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Have to give her a partner, David :)

Okay, Nautilus and Nerpa in a breath-holding competition.  Referee to be determined by the Team. :P

Suggestion #2:

All the hoary details on the chocolate battle between Axum and Leningrad. :lol:

Kommuna and de Ruyter -- they're just so sweet!

Mahan and Houston -- I think they'd have a fun chemistry.

Kongo and Hood + Mississippi? -- I don't personally like the first two, but all three are just a trio of elegant ladies that must be seen.

New Orleans and Kirov -- w/ Kitakami for MAXIMUM PARTY OVERDRIVE

Scharnhorst with ANYONE, really, maybe LENINGRAD? -- The two of them are just a treat. I can't imagine how they'd even handle each other, though ... 

Takao and Salt Lake City -- So Takao can admire her, ahem, arms.

Leberecht Maass and Henley -- They just seem like they'd get along!

Voykov and Kirov -- The definition of "Sugar" and "Ice" ... 

I would like to second Nevada Vs Spee, because Spee has a wonderful pokerface, but in the unlikely case that my lovely German lady might possibly lose, I would instead prefer Graf Spee and Diether Von Roeder in the same room.  Prussian Values and practical application!  That would be a dangerous and wonderful pair.  I also might like to see Nagato doing her honorable best to match up to Diether Von Roeder's standards.  Or maybe Diether would look up to the Japanese battleship who puts her all into everything she does?  Either way it would be a very worthwhile combination.

What about the most famous pairing? Hood and Bismark: The famous battle.

Or it could be "Pride of our nations," as both Hood and Bismark were the pride of their respective nations. Hood for her long career as well as a bunch of other stuff (can't remember specifics, I think there was a movie in there?) and Bismark for being the biggest and most powerful ship of the German fleet at the time.

Another idea for the name could be "The sinking of the Bismark"

The only issue with that idea is that Bismarck won't be released until the 1940 Update.  Therefore, she is currently unavailable as a belle to be used in interviews or pairing.  

Hi ho!

I'll give a bit more thought to this in the future, but for now I'll add:

-> Velasco & Nautilus - a cheerful conversation as a fan-service to the two highest contributors of the Kickstarter (unless I'm wrong);

-> Nenohi & Takao - working together on a New Year's day written gift for the Captain, whether through cooperation or competition;

-> De Ruyter & Henley - in search of the perfect snack! Ruyter supports her bread's quality while Henley defends the importance of an ideal filling. A succulent culture shock.

And I also support the Hood & Bismark + Kirov & New Orleans... I'd even ask for more Leningrad & Mahan fun, but I think Mahan would resent me for it.

9 hours ago, Panay's Ghost said:

Suggestion #2:

All the hoary details on the chocolate battle between Axum and Leningrad. :lol:

Out of my head, I say! Out, out, out!

5 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

The only issue with that idea is that Bismarck won't be released until the 1940 Update.  Therefore, she is currently unavailable as a belle to be used in interviews or pairing.  

If I remember correctly, the side story would be in a later release so a 1940 might possibly be permissable...

18 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

DYM;

I don't know 100%, but as I understand it, it's meant to be from among the Hidden Belles. One thing that has been talked about, though, is keeping this kind of activity going, even past launch, so...anything is possible. :)

It does show a very strong dedication and connection with the fan base, so it would certainly be a good idea to keep it going.  Don't do it too much though, I like the stories you guys are telling.  If you listen to us simple common folk too much, they may not be your stories anymore!

As a side note, I think Kirov and New Orleans together might be too much party for the captain to handle.  Some time in the night he might lose his [REDACTED] and wake up in a denny's parking lot with no recollection of the last week, or whose underwear Hat he's wearing.  Somehow I don't think "I swear admiral, it wasn't my fault.  I'll invite you to the next party and you'll see for yourself!" is an adequate defense.

All interesting ideas especially the ones with Nautilus (not biased at all).

Another idea Nautilus and Kirov on a mission looking for their their missing captain who was kidnapped by Morgannas with adventure, mishaps, explosions and vodka.

Pola and Boise in being small and violent belles.

Nautilus and Nenohi on a journey across America or Japan.

Kirov and Chiyoda teaming up to prank everyone.

And pulling Mahan out of her rest Mahan and Nautilus in Hawaii with Nautilus giving a tour complete with rambling. 

Mahan and our host, I think our resident detectives deduced she's a Queen Elizabeth class ocean liner, either Queen Elizabeth herself or Queen Mary.

Otherwise we've already seen a number of great suggestions, but my personal favorites are New Orleans and Kirov for a party to (not) remember and Mississippi and Kongou with their elegant flair trying to be the hostess-with-the-mostess

12 minutes ago, PizzaRocket said:

Mahan and our host, I think our resident detectives deduced she's a Queen Elizabeth class ocean liner, either Queen Elizabeth herself or Queen Mary.

Otherwise we've already seen a number of great suggestions, but my personal favorites are New Orleans and Kirov for a party to (not) remember and Mississippi and Kongou with their elegant flair trying to be the hostess-with-the-mostess

We deduced that she's Queen Mary.  Also, They already plan to do an interview with the host just prior to release, so they won't really need to write her and Mahan going at it twice in such a short span of time.  I like the hostess with the Mostess idea, though.

31 minutes ago, PizzaRocket said:

...my personal favorites are New Orleans and Kirov for a party to (not) remember and Mississippi and Kongou with their elegant flair trying to be the hostess-with-the-mostess

I heartily endorse both of these...especially the ojousama pairing!  I think the captain will have a better chance of surviving either of them.  The three-way I suggested might leave the entire planet in cinders...

6 hours ago, Gerrion said:

-> De Ruyter & Henley - in search of the perfect snack! Ruyter supports her bread's quality while Henley defends the importance of an ideal filling. A succulent culture shock.

...Or De Ruyter and Béarn, debating which bread Henley should choose for her next culinary piece. 

Archived