Black Chicken Studios Forums

Belle pairing ideas

DrYuriMom

It may be too late to vote, but I would like to see a pairing with a serious real life connection. More than just shenaningans, but instead to have emotion and depth in the connection. 

For Example: 

Aoba and Fubuki: Aoba led Fubuki to her death.

Swayback Maru and Fubuki: Salt Lake City is supposedly the one who sank Fubuki

Hiryu and Arizona: This one is obvious. 

Rawa and the Ugly Sisters: Again, are you guys starting to see a pattern?

Some others:

Kongo and Nautilus: Not direct, but I'd like to see her react to an american sub nonetheless

Graf Spee and Exeter

Nerpa and a Gulag

I suppose Nagato and any of the Peal Harbor belles (Swayback, Nevada, AZ) would also work because Nagato was the flagship at the time. From her point of view it would be an interesting relationship as well, no?

Edited for Ninja's correction. Silly me, I got confused knowing all American subs were named after marine life.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

In light of the most recent pairings and their rather tense atmospheres, as well as the talk of belligerency in the last INPF update, I would once again like to suggest the more stoic pair of Nagato and Diether Von Roeder.  Their hardworking and honest natures will fit together perfectly and come up with something quite grand for us captains, while remaining civilized and agreeable.  In addition, they are both absolutely fantastic belles, deserving of far more screen time than either has gotten so far.

1 hour ago, Dmnt said:

I vote Velasco and Canarias.

I'm not even joking.

I hesitate to question your decision.  I'm almost afraid to ask why you would choose that pair.  My curiosity has gotten the better of me, though.  Why did you of all people suggest that pair?

7 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I hesitate to question your decision.  I'm almost afraid to ask why you would choose that pair.  My curiosity has gotten the better of me, though.  Why did you of all people suggest that pair?

I think it's obvious, but could be wrong, so I'm curious now what dmnt will say. ^^

12 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

Uh? What's so odd about it?

As awesome as Nautilus and Kongo is I feel Nautilus and Nerpa to give focus on the subs or Nautilus and Aoba for scatterbrained shenanigans, however I vote for Dmnt's Velasco and Canarias pairing. 

Well, that doesn't mean they can't have an interesting/funny interaction.

Another thing to consider. That I can remember, we still haven't had any of these pairs have both belles being from the same nation, and Spain just happens to be the only nation that has EXACTLY two confirmed belles due to the Kickstarter's circumstances.

And I have other reasons too...(?) *mysterious*

• 1 month later...

This idea developed in the lore thread:

New Orleans and Kirov trying to convince Wicher to "join their cause" with arguments and booze. Or all three just sitting together and NO and Kiki ramble about anything (the handsome captain, maybe?), while Wicher is more or less passive.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, RockyArby said:

I would like to put forth the pairing of New Orleans and Kirov for this week!

No point in delaying this one further.  The longer we wait, the longer those two will have to prepare... Let's party like we want to wake up 500 miles away and two weeks later!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a new idea for a pairing. I think no one else mentioned it before and when you read it, it's kinda obvious:

Lampo and Hans Lüdemann. The reason is obvious I think. Both are engineers and both are different in doing their job. So the result of such a scene can be a lot of .... anything really. I would totally love to see them in one (boiler) room and see what happens.

Archived