Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Lore questions

RockyArby

2 hours ago, Procyon said:

Definitely an interesting question lore-wise.

Gameplay-wise, I think we can have multiple relationships a la Kantai Collection without any sort of real problems.

Probably, though in the materials such behavior /was/ actively warned against, but that way well have been teasing and fluff versus actual philosophy of design. 

1 hour ago, Ninjapacman said:

I approve the party of epic proportions, but I fear we won't actually get any information from them, as we'll be too busy partying like it's 1939 and the world's about to end.

Get them drunk enough and they'll probably spill all sorts of shit BuNav doesn't want us to know yet.

3 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

Nawlins strikes me as being a bit shy when you get her one on one. If they go NO, might as well stick Kirov in with her and make a raid on the INPF booze stash and see where this ride takes us.

2 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I approve the party of epic proportions, but I fear we won't actually get any information from them, as we'll be too busy partying like it's 1939 and the world's about to end.

I support this idea very much. We've seen very few bits of real rascal Belles getting a party started, only hinted, they'd probably start one. And hearing something about fondness for the captain could be amusing.
("And if you end up with a gal?" "Privet, ash long ash she'sh a comrade izsha....schnshi....izjashnyipants! Hihihihi." *hick*)

7 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

Get them drunk enough and they'll probably spill all sorts of shit BuNav doesn't want us to know yet.

And there lies the flaw in your plan.  Of all the belles you’re trying to get Kirov and Nawlins drunk.  You’ll be under the table before they’re slightly tipsy.

And don’t say you can just not drink with them.  They’re a Russian and a partier from the Deep South.  They expect you to share in every drink and go one for one with them.

7 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

It'd be fun to see them trying to drink each other under the table, but mayhaps that would be a good scene for the next double belle event as opposed to question answering?

Oooh, then I want to see NO and Kirov getting more drunk by the minute, while Wicher drinks, and drinks, and drinks...... and finishes their drinks when they both fall under the table. At the same time Wicher has not a single line of conversation and just drinks and listens. :lol::lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

And there lies the flaw in your plan.  Of all the belles you’re trying to get Kirov and Nawlins drunk.  You’ll be under the table before they’re slightly tipsy.

And don’t say you can just not drink with them.  They’re a Russian and a partier from the Deep South.  They expect you to share in every drink and go one for one with them.

I think it's even worse than that:  New Orleans struck me as a bartender, meaning she'd pour/mix drinks for everyone else in the room before she got around to herself.

I'd be more afraid of her knowing the skeletons in my closet than the other way around. :P

16 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

You know, with anyone else you might have  had a good point there my friend. If you can drink and run 5 miles, while drinking, you can hang with me and the lads. I've tabled sinners and saints, lawyers, strippers, holy men, Russians, rednecks and scoundrels of all accord, and I'll be damned if I surrender without dying of liver damage first just because they're "Inhuman spirits born of the heart of warships to battle an enemy from the darkest parts of hell."

6 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

You know, with anyone else you might have  had a good point there my friend. If you can drink and run 5 miles, while drinking, you can hang with me and the lads. I've tabled sinners and saints, lawyers, strippers, holy men, Russians, rednecks and scoundrels of all accord, and I'll be damned if I surrender without dying of liver damage first just because they're "Inhuman spirits born of the heart of warships to battle an enemy from the darkest parts of hell."

I think you’d get along very well with Mitsumasa Yonai.

On 3.11.2017 at 11:16 PM, Käpt'n Korky said:

Oooh, then I want to see NO and Kirov getting more drunk by the minute, while Wicher drinks, and drinks, and drinks...... and finishes their drinks when they both fall under the table. At the same time Wicher has not a single line of conversation and just drinks and listens. :lol::lol:

Wicher decided to give the Polish Rectified spirit 96% a shot of the Belles that had just risen on the floor and those who have just started to drink . The next day are capable of fighting Russian and Polish Belles. :D:D

10de9d7a95a80370a348320d37fe3da1.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Throw a bottle of everclear and white lightning on the table to go with it and let's get this party started. Please notify your next of kin before hand.

Back to subject though, any other lore questions on anyone's minds related to the courting and fair treatment of fine ladies who happen to be warships? Where does one find good vintages of diesel fuel?

I have a question!  I wish to know what the myth behind the morgana is!  What sort of stories have belles and people made up to explain the origin of our mysterious foes?  This sounds like a perfect one to be presented by the equally mysterious U-29!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I have a question!  I wish to know what the myth behind the morgana is!  What sort of stories have belles and people made up to explain the origin of our mysterious foes?  This sounds like a perfect one to be presented by the equally mysterious U-29!

I support this question!

23 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

You mean the VB inworld stories of the "common people"? That sounds like fun. ^_^

On 11/18/2017 at 7:56 AM, Ninjapacman said:

I'm also interested in this question, especially presented by the lovely investigator U-29.

Lubu I think we won't get an official answer on that but generally speaking assuming the Belle in question survives the war, and that they don't disappear when the Morgana threat ends (a bittersweet victory to be sure in that case) I'd assume they'd shape our politics as a species greatly going forward. Things simply wouldn't be able to proceed as they did last time, and perhaps with a threat from beyond our world defeated it might unite our species somewhat more aggressively, allowing the INPF to stay in place for the immediate future, but as technology out paces even the magic of a Belle, what will actually be left? They're bound to their ships and a warship is a monstrous expense in any sense, but we can't just scrap a sentient life can we? That would be an unimaginable cruelty, so retirement for ships of legend where the legends still walk their decks would be where you see them now. Docked at the waterways of our nation as floating museums and monuments. 

4 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

I'm also interested in this question, especially presented by the lovely investigator U-29.

Lubu I think we won't get an official answer on that but generally speaking assuming the Belle in question survives the war, and that they don't disappear when the Morgana threat ends (a bittersweet victory to be sure in that case) I'd assume they'd shape our politics as a species greatly going forward. Things simply wouldn't be able to proceed as they did last time, and perhaps with a threat from beyond our world defeated it might unite our species somewhat more aggressively, allowing the INPF to stay in place for the immediate future, but as technology out paces even the magic of a Belle, what will actually be left? They're bound to their ships and a warship is a monstrous expense in any sense, but we can't just scrap a sentient life can we? That would be an unimaginable cruelty, so retirement for ships of legend where the legends still walk their decks would be where you see them now. Docked at the waterways of our nation as floating museums and monuments. 

I’d love to see how decolonization would go with the League of Nations in charge instead of the UN.

As for the ships, Two is right to a certain point.  Keep in mind that even if they survive a long time, the Captain is only human, and will more than likely die by the year 2015.  At that point, what is a belle to do?  Would it be crueler to let her live out a lonely existence devoid of what she existed for?  If they ask to be scrapped, would it be nicer to grant their wish?

5 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

[...]That would be an unimaginable cruelty, so retirement for ships of legend where the legends still walk their decks would be where you see them now. [...]

"Retirement" .... Blade Runner 1959.

But another thought: If the 1939 Belles stay around, form new ones on the ships build after the war @TwoHeavens @Ninjapacman?

8 hours ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

"Retirement" .... Blade Runner 1959.

But another thought: If the 1939 Belles stay around, form new ones on the ships build after the war @TwoHeavens @Ninjapacman?

Are you implying that CVN 65 would form a belle very similar to CV 6, and choose a new captain to continue her Vigilant defense of the oceans?

Story Idea:

USS Enterprise 2199.  “I am the 18th USS Enterprise.  Captain, the Morgana haven’t been seen for 254 years, but we still stand watch.  It is your duty to uphold the traditions of the INPF and Guard the world against unknown threats.”

The Idea is that the long line of USS Enterprises remembers.  Each one a little less than the last, but they remember.  They all remember all their captains, and none of them have been able to forget the Morgana.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:54 PM, Ninjapacman said:

I’d love to see how decolonization would go with the League of Nations in charge instead of the UN.

As for the ships, Two is right to a certain point.  Keep in mind that even if they survive a long time, the Captain is only human, and will more than likely die by the year 2015.  At that point, what is a belle to do?  Would it be crueler to let her live out a lonely existence devoid of what she existed for?  If they ask to be scrapped, would it be nicer to grant their wish?

Dang...that could be angsty headcanon. 

Imagine Belle Missouri looking over the remains of her long-gone comrade Arizona while thinking about the veterans of her past.

The Belles would be the embodiment of this trope - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhoWantsToLiveForever

1 hour ago, Fifrein said:

I rise from the dead to pose an absolutely crucial question to the lore and continuity of the universe.....

Does Kirov wear undergarments under that massive hole in her trousers?

After a few cases of vodka, probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

Who needs undergarments eh comrades? They're just a luxury of the bourgeois.

@Procyon considering how human the Belles are, post war survivors will probably have those feelings any way, even if their Captains survive. The Belles will lose people. Friends, be they crew, passengers (imagine if Queen Mary* got to know some of the troops she was ferrying to combat service), or other Belles. They might be able to tank cannons shells, but they're not all that different from us. PTSD, depression. Diseases of the mind and heart. You don't need to be immortal to feel that.

*To clarify I am of course talking about the ocean liner and troopship the Queen Mary, who this body is still fairly convinced is our mysterious hostess.

@Käpt'n Korky @Ninjapacman

That is the key question of course. Can Belles "transfer" to a new permanent duty station? The nuclear super carrier Enterprise (old one, but the new one that's being built too) all carry the legacy of the name Enterprise, an enduring name in American naval tradition even from the age of sail. Is each generation a step forward for that spirit? Or more like a daughter? An inheritance of all that's come before? When I did my little time hop story USS Mahan (DD 364) came face to face with USS Mahan (DDG 72, an Arleigh Burke class Guided Missile Destroyer currently in active service.) and it was more akin to a daughter or a little sister. That however was a world where most of the WW2 Belles had passed on over time, and USS Mahan (DDG 72) had woken up due to an returned active Morgana presence.

Another possibility is that Belle ships could be refit, reconstructed and upgraded. That's normally insane for a normal war ship, but considering the raw lethal potential of a Belle it might well be worth the extra expense as time goes forward. For example USS Wisconsin, an Iowa class battleship was in active service as recently as the early 1990s. They've refit her a fair bit over the years but we're now at a point in tech where she needs an insane amount of work to continue on. Is it worth it to continue upgrading? This goes back to Belle transfer as well. How much is needed to preserve a Belle? If I'm making the new Enterprise, and we incorporate a lot of material from the retiring Enterprise, does Enterprise step on to her new flight deck and we call it a weekend or what?

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

Given lack of updates it's either lack of Qs or everyone still shellshocked with the Vote aftereffects. *>_<*

emergency filler Q:

What Morganae Belles think of Beta postponing  '39 at large  those newfangled boondoggles like "aircraft can sunk", "radar", "pack of subs" ,"actually going out of port" and state of naval warfare in '39 ?