Black Chicken Studios Forums

Any update on when the Final Y1 Content Patch will be released?

Rhialto

I understand that the Content patch was meant to be released in Autumn 2017. Is this still on track? and how soon into autumn? I ask because I have a few bugs/typos that I want to check out and write up, and I have been toying with the idea of submitting a random event. So if either of those ideas of mine be too late, I would like to know.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I was thinking about writing up an Archery club adventure, since there aren't any adventures that use archery at all. I was assuming that there wasn't any time to get it into Y1, but if there's still time I'd better get started on it soon. I'll post some questions in the in-game question thread, to see if I can get the info I need to get going on it.

I personal wouldn't work any more on new adventures / event for year 1 as we got told DLC 17 was the last DLC and even if there is a CP still in the making I wouldn't have big hope that adventures I start to write now will still make it till the deadline of the CP. But there is still year 2 what hopeful comes out within the next years where we could write adventures/events for and especial during the holiday the students are not much different to what we know from year 1.

• 2 weeks later...

How goes the content patch? I am debating whether I should devote my free time more to writing the last stage of my adventure or reporting some typos and bugs that I have recorded. If there be a chance that my adventure could be accepted into the latest content patch, then obviously, I would like to give the adventure my priority, but if the content patch be closed, then reporting bugs gets first priority.

The plan, from what I recall, was that this final content patch would focus solely on bugs, since otherwise there'd need to be yet another one afterwards to correct the inevitable bugs/typos that showed up in the newest content. Whether that's still the plan, I cannot confirm.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally completed my adventure. If it cannot be accepted into Y1 (and I would well expect that it cannot), feedback about how to change it into a Y2 adventure would be much appreciated (aside from the obvious, such as references to their being in Y1).

@Legate of Mineta:Thank you so much. Just so that you know, I on Sunday evening made a few very minor changes to stage 6 in response to Metis's feedback and my own thoughts:

The option [PC has Memory Beatrix’s Secret] “Professor Pachait was not the only person who wanted a secret purchase from the imperial reserve.” [auto] had its second varient's description changed from [PC has Completed Adventure The House in the Bog] to [PC has not Completed Adventure The House in the Bog]. Also, the penalties for sticking with Beatrix until the end were changed from -2 Vitality, -2 Stress to -1 Vitality, -3 Stress.

@Legate of Mineta: Three quick comments about my adventure: I hope they are all right.

1. The adventure is meant to be continuous.

2. I hope that I did not err in thinking that Miya would be someone who would drop hints (probably very exaggerated) that she is involved in criminal enterprises to fellow students such as Beatrix.

3. I hope that it is not too late to add something to the adventure "Wandering with Beatrix von Wetgen": a Memory called something along the lines of "Loyal to Beatrix" for characters who choose to stay with her to the end (with Eliana). This memory could be a trigger for further adventures in Y2 and beyond, including possibly one written by me.

@Legate of Mineta: My latest read-through of my adventure uncovered the following lore-based typo - I hope that it is not too late to fix it:

Wandering with Beatrix von Wetgen 05B: Brute Strength failure

the insistence of Regent Orsi that First Year students cannot date without punishment.

should be

the insistence of Legate Orsi that First Year students cannot date without punishment.

My latest read-through of my adventure uncovered the following typo - I hope that it is not too late to fix it:

Wandering with Beatrix von Wetgen 06: “Please do not let Louise suffer alone.”\

W& [found in all 4 variants of this ending, once per variant]

should be

WAND [found in all 4 variants of this ending, once per variant]

Archived