Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association: Belle Poker Night Voting!

Legate of Mineta

22 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Recorded!

KK;

Interesting! I'll tell the Team. :)

To add to your amusement: I first thought "What does a hen have to do with all of it?" Because "Dame Gluck" sounds like "Glucke" which is another word for "Henne" - hen in english. I was totally confused and stunned for a moment, but read on.

Until I remembered a curious thing about the german Terry Pratchett translations. Mr. Pratchett has "The lady" as a character and it's "Lady luck". In the german version "The lady" still exists as "The Lady" but the reader has to unpuzzle for him- or herself the equality of "lady = luck", because the easy bridge from "The lady" to "lady luck" does not exist. And then I remembered a Ray Charles song which mentions lady luck and boom! Realisation.... It sounds long but was a matter of seconds once the insight hit me.

29 minutes ago, Dmnt said:

I'm not sure I get it...

Why exactly does Graf Spee think Surcouf is cheating?

In a normal deck of cards, no card repeats itself. There's the Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and numbered cards 2-10 these cards repeat for each suit (Hearts, Spades, Clubs, Diamonds). So while there are 4 aces in a deck there is only on Ace of spades. Surcouf played an ace of spades but Spee also had an Ace of spades. So another ace was illegally added. Graff believes surcouf cheated and Surcouf believes Maass screwed up shuffling real bad since she's a klutz.

Well, that was embarrassing...

I somehow completely missed the line where Graf Spee showed her own cards...

But either way, how could that possibly be Maass' fault at all? I don't think you can *accidentally* add an extra card, no matter how badly you shuffle(?)

Or like, "you shuffled so poorly the Ace of Clubs became an Ace of Spades"

I think I'll vote option 1.

37 minutes ago, Dmnt said:

Well, that was embarrassing...

I somehow completely missed the line where Graf Spee showed her own cards...

But either way, how could that possibly be Maass' fault at all? I don't think you can *accidentally* add an extra card, no matter how badly you shuffle(?)

I think I'll vote option 1.

That all depends on how much bad luck Maass has.

33 minutes ago, Dmnt said:

I think Maass' luck is such that if any Belle could start an international incident by pulling an ace of spades from an inter-dimensional wormhole, it would be her. :P

Still, I recall in Nevada's interview she admitted to keeping a spare deck or twelve hidden on her person...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived