Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association: National Belligerence and the INPF on the High Seas

Käpt'n Korky

I get the feeling the office which wrote that answer is entirely made of (ex)politicians.

They gave us a giant wall of legal gibberish, while somehow still not giving a clear answer to the actual question that was asked.

And people wonder why I made a politician a captain in my story.  At least one Belle recognized that the captains needed an expert on their side... :-)

Oh, and Dory's a lawyer.  Cornell University, juris doctor class of 1928 (Women in Law through US history).  That said, she's a neophyte on the topic of international law and none of her committees in the People's House are foreign policy or military (although more due to sexism than her interests).  I didn't say it was going to be easy for her...

Mine is just a shell-shocked WWI vet who has zero political experience (unless you'd count the War in any shape or form) but a heck of a lot of military, albeit from a grunt's point of view

On 10/1/2017 at 3:31 AM, Käpt'n Korky said:

@DrYuriMom and @Wellington99 and everyone else with FF captains:

How about a character thread in the FF section? We could ask to pin it on first position as a "register" for the several Fanfic stories.

It's an interesting idea, and if a fan of our fics would like to compile such information, I don't think any of us would have a problem.  I don't speak for the other writers, but I believe that it's best for a reader to be able to read a story and glean information like that for themselves, rather than pick it out on a page and assume before even reading a word from the character's experiences and point of view. 

33 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

It's an interesting idea, and if a fan of our fics would like to compile such information, I don't think any of us would have a problem.  I don't speak for the other writers, but I believe that it's best for a reader to be able to read a story and glean information like that for themselves, rather than pick it out on a page and assume before even reading a word from the character's experiences and point of view. 

My idea is shorter. Even shorter than those small texts on the back of a book (you do have'em in american countries, right?). Just a list with name and one sentence summary, that's on a fixed spot in the FF forum. So no story gets lost because it left the front page.

Archived