Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

On 2017-06-18 at 3:33 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

An interesting suggestion- I'll send it along. :)

That said, Research is fairly important in Y2, I'd say...

If it's that imporant in Year 2.... could we then break things for year 2 by researching lvl 10 on an important topic in year 1? Is it dangerous to research your favrite topics in advance?(year 1)

Secondly..

Will research knowledge in some cases be needed rather than pure skill in something? Researching/having researched the background and previous generations experience in something, could possibly help you decipher a situation or find and help you recognize a certain ritual reference or something else. Perhaps you find some enchanted stones with ancient writing. Having researched Gates"something" might help you recognise what they are allowing you to proceed directly rather than canceling your adventure to put in some extra research at the school library's or ask for help.

thirdly

Possibly gaining additional research levels from adventures where you learn new useful stuff and lore.

Also, I noticed that you could spend stress points on different actions.

I'm not sure what effect that's supposed to have, is it supposed to increase the likelyhood of success or the power of the action.

For example, burning stresspoints on studying or training skills doesn't seem to increase the payout. So, what's it supposed to do?

What's the point of spending stresspoints while Researching? Does that really work as intended or is it broken?

I might be wrong but I suspect we get much better way to research in year 2 then we have in year 1.

Because of this I think its better to unlock research topics in year 1 the actual research them already.

Edit: Stresspoints only help you if there is actual a SS/Skill Roll but not for a fixed X% roll or when there is no roll at all.

During the competitive bed jumping random event, would it not be better to have the random relationship increase/praise from friend restricted to a student of the same sex/gender? Surely the wards would prevent such mixed company from assembling in a dorm room.

How does one spend stress points?

Legate: Thank you for the helpfulness. Any answer from the team about the wards would be very useful in the in-game questions thread.

Also, for Y2, could there be some way to indicate quickly which locations/abilities would involve trespassing? Such is not always intuitive.

6 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

If the team keep the drop in relationship at 2 or higher per month how about make the max a Relationship drop is 1/2 the current relationship rounded down so the drop get down to 1 per month if the relationship is 2 or 3 and stop once the relationship reach 1.

Yeesh, if you had a 10 that would lower to a 3, you know?

Sprite Workshop is revealed when the character has Clockwork 11, but the only way to get clockwork 11 is to research at the Sprite Workshop. Even for an obscure and tedious and often frustrating mechanic (research), this seems a bit too circular and empty as a reward.

In all fairness, I am only relying upon the wiki. Nonetheless, thanks for the reply to my comment.

Also, can one use charm in prose during the summer period, or does that action only work in Academagia proper? and will relationship maximum increases gained in Y1 be preserved in Y2?

I tried to create a separate thread for these remarks, but the thread received little attention. So I repost them here.

One of the benefits of Researching topics to level 10 is often an increase in their skill maximums. But another way of gaining a higher skill maximum is through Favors from Professors. In Y1, the result of these 2 actions is equal: the character gains a higher skill maximum. But in Y2, research will be more important. So when creating characters in Y1 with Y2 in mind, would it not be better, if we want our characters to have higher skill maximums, to focus on researching topics rather than on save-scumming to try to get the right favor from a professor?

Finally, I hope that there will be a way to make research more efficient in Y2: some way to gain a research level and a skill step or multiple research levels per action, or something like that. Will this happen?

Regarding the action for writing letters to prevent relationship decay in Y2, if it effectively works out to a 1 relationship (increase/maintenance) per time-slot, then that would be a poor use of a time-slot. (Equivalent to using train to raise a skill step...)

If possible it'd be more useful for the letter writing action to either have checks for additional increases (semantics, syntax, passion?, etc.) or a chance to give skill ups in one or two relevant skills: semantics, syntax, forms, social skills, speaking quietly of riddles, flattery, storytelling. (Heck if there's to be a "send a love letter" action, you could even swap it up with romance, passion, and flirting.)

Mechanically it'd be great if it's something like Judge the Instructor's Tastes which is: Study Level + 2 Reference (RND Wit/Flattery/Storytelling/Syntax/Dispassion/Playfulness).