Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

No problem, just wanted to make sure usefulness was considered, especially since it involves a new game mechanic, and since there already are a ton of actions and abilities that are not efficient enough to be useful. It'd even be ok, if different (more useful) types of letter writing actions with different effects are available based on skill requirements, but there's no need to overly complicate things. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi & Metis;

*Maybe.*

Right now, I'd say the results aren't very good...;)

Are good results defined by power-gaming perspective (Yippee! My clique mates can use gates magic!) or in-universe plausibility (given the paranoia surrounding forbidden pillars, students could not teach each other mastery without being caught and punished)?

Why is Tabin the only member of the Triplets with just one quest? I mean, Sima has 2, Magsa has 2 (3 if one is in Durand), so why not Tabin? Is there an in universe explanation, or were the writers unable to think of something for him, or is there in fact another quest for him that we have been missing all this while.

Whenever I use a clique member, I still get the sacrifice text and nothing else. Is there a plan to change this so that the player can at least read the text that come from succeeding in an adventure? Furthermore, there is a very inappropriate option to use cliquemembers whenever characters are warned about upcoming exams, even though there is no option and no possibility of failure in the one response to such warnings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-23 at 2:36 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Well, don't forget there are ways to prevent the drop, too.

I guess there should be write letters, skills, where the first most basic skill allows you to write one letter, where as the more advanced sones that might requier you to have certain skills might allow you to write two or three letters... Perhaps wit a rhetoric roll or something for the third one... or fourth.. 

While it helps if a letter is person it also helps you write the next telling them about the same things you've been doing by just writing pretty much the same thing on all the letter just adjusting it slightly to fit the recipient, adding a personal touch to the letter.. Journalism could also be a good skill for writing letters quickly and telling/informing people about things. And one that the school doesn't really reward... Seeing as that's the case, maybe it should have a really nice letter writing skill.

Maybe an adventure or event, or a special day during your summer on which it's traditional to send letters to lovedones and friends who can't be there with you... Maybe put your familiar to work helping you add that extra thoughtful touch to each letter while you work on the next one... Assuming your familiar got an appropriate skill to give it an extra flourish, otherwise it might endup a disaster. Dissasters can also be fun.

• 2 weeks later...