Black Chicken Studios Forums

Upcoming DLC Adventures

Cailean_the_Bard

New Adventure Types  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How detailed do you want new adventures to be?

• 1-2 pages of reading
    • 3-4 pages of reading
    • 5-6 pages of reading
    • 7+
  2. 2. How many stages do you want new adventures to be?

• 5+
  3. 3. What do you think about more restricted Adventures, like College specific or requireing a certain Skill level before beginning?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Meh...either is fine with me
  4. 4. What rewards do you prefer the most to come from Adventures?

• Phemes
    • Spells
    • Item recipes
    • Skill bumps
    • Max increases like Skill Max and Stress Max

Slightly more on topic, I have a request for DLC adventures: I don't like how some of the adventures are cut off and then continued in another adventure. It's not so much the idea, but rather the way it's written in some adventures. For example, the first adventure with the captain of the city guard ends with you and him sitting at a table, about to start a conversation. The next stage (which I started 2 months later) picks up where the other one ended, as if no time had passed in between. I'd prefer to either have the 2 stages merged into one (which would make it a bit harder, but I'm fine with that), or have it written in a way that doesn't seem quite as odd (a "we'll meet up later, when you have time", sort of thing).

Other than that, I don't have any preferences, really, although the city guard adventure is the one I've enjoyed the most, so far.

Nikolaj;

We plan to modify the engine, so I guess you could think of it more as an iteration, rather than a new engine.

Surprisingly, the gating step isn't the engine (certainly wasn't on Year !) or the design, but the writing. It takes time (and lots of it editing time) to get the writing in a finished state. And even then there are typos. :)

It'd be great to see some more local and interested talent rise from the forums.... (HINT HINT HINT) I've seen some interesting Adventure/complication/event ideas...I'd love to see more of these fleshed out by the authors and see what happens!

Archived