Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia Wiki

Draigh

Editing the first post to give a status report for the Academagia Wiki:

Wiki manual, accessible at the first page. If you have suggestions, please post them in this topic or send me a PM.

All additions are welcome. Please have a look at the articles that are currently there for layout options. And try to include as much information as possible and as clearly as possible. Each page is connected to at least one category but more often also to subcategories or related categories. Furthermore, any mention of (sub)skills is also made a link to the page of that skill. Pages should be easily accessible from different pages related to them.

Some example pages:

Locations

Skills: Botany, Malice

There have been database errors, those have been resolved.

Searching still doesn't seem to work, might be because all articles are still pretty new.

Wanted Articles:

Locations

Skills and their unlocked content

Adventures

Students

Spells

Phemes

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draigh, I exactly thought about that yesterday. I'm already making notes for my current character concerning locations and special abilities of other students, as well as spells and which attribute is important for which skill. I guess if there weren't so many things I have to do for university right now I already would have started something like that.

However, I still havent really used the spell/phemes/creation of items-features, so there is a lot left to explore anyway :)

To get to the point, I would definitely be willing to participate in that, but only on a random basis :)

I know this other game that has a lot of info (Dwarf Fortress) and having a wiki where you can look things up does help a lot!

And if there are things that should remain hidden, then it can always be *spoiler*-tagged.

Currently I would love to know where to even start looking for those forbidden arts (I want to make a character that knows all forms of magic). I dont need to know everything, but just a hint of 'look there' would be nice :)

Perfect for a wiki, just add the random bits of information you get to the wiki

If everyone does that, the wiki is sure to grow quickly!

Draigh;

It's not impossible, certainly, but it will be very hard to learn both Gates and Mastery in a single year- leaving aside random sources of the knowledge, I am not sure that you even could!

There are enough random ways to get to these, though, that if you spent a year searching I bet you would succeed. There are some interesting things that arise from doing this. :)

I like a challenge, and am not expecting to succeed anytime soon. Especially not on my first playthrough in which I am royally messing things up all around.

http://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I just made this wiki (free site). For me it does show some database errors at the moment though... But it does save the text just fine.

And wikia.com hosts several big game wiki's, so it should be a good location right?

The database just gives errors now and then. And on my computer sometimes the pages are slow to load.

Not sure if it was the best location, but for a free site that's always a guessing game...

A Wiki is EXACTLY what this game needs. You could never get the information in a manual. I hope Black Chicken takes the time to load some basic data. Like definitions of stats (Insight?) and a skill/stat cross-reference. Observation is a sub-skill of what? That sort of thing.

@Draigh;

You might also try StrategyWiki. They are a good fan-based wiki service.

@Werdna;

I think we can pitch in- although I am not sure when we'll have time for that task. Give us a month or two to make sure we've got all the kinks worked out, and that Year 2 , content patches, DLC and game improvements are moving forward steadily, and then we can see.

Plus, this keeps the mystery alive for just a little longer. :)

Mystery isn't that bad :)

One thing that will slow the player-driven direct copy/paste of information from this game into a wiki is that, unusual for a text-based game, copy/paste isn't an option for most of the information on the screen. That's still easily countered by the relative ease of taking screenshots and trimming them to show the information desired, and putting those pictures into the wiki. Am quite amused, the idea of a text based game designed so that it's not easy to extract the intricate and complex patterns of text for pasting elsewhere.

However, there are players who love the idea of designing, building, and contributing to a wiki. For some of us, that's as much fun as playing. It's maybe not a bad idea that our game's makers maybe don't deliver copy/pasteable content for the wiki... maybe it'll be fun for someone to design the project with a workaround to that challenge. I know for me, if our developers/writers/socializers/planners had 1000 hours a week to spend working on the game and related areas (I've no real idea how many people are working on this game, heh), I'd rather they spent most or even all of that time between observing/encouraging/helping players, quality control, short term additions/corrections, and long term plans for the future, and if I was writing their schedules I'd not give (m)any of their precious hours to the wiki :)

Update:

Added a lot of skills (basic stuff, like name and subskills)

Added a few friends with clique abilities, in combination with their colleges.

Got an update from the wiki support. They are having server/database problems and are working on those. Errors on the wikis should be resolved soon.

@ OrangeKnickers

I copied the content of your additions and deleted the pages. Redid them (several times) to get them to link correctly, due to the database errors.

So that's why you do no longer appear to have contributed to the wiki, but your content is still there!

@ Rest

Please add information, either yourself or send it in a PM so I can add it when I have time.

Especially things like students and their Clique abilities are welcome and stuff like skills, subskills and uses/unlocks, etc...

well.. everything is welcome at this point! :)

Update:

Added a lot of skills (basic stuff, like name and subskills)

Added a few friends with clique abilities, in combination with their colleges.

Got an update from the wiki support. They are having server/database problems and are working on those. Errors on the wikis should be resolved soon.

@ OrangeKnickers

I copied the content of your additions and deleted the pages. Redid them (several times) to get them to link correctly, due to the database errors.

So that's why you do no longer appear to have contributed to the wiki, but your content is still there!

@ Rest

Please add information, either yourself or send it in a PM so I can add it when I have time.

Especially things like students and their Clique abilities are welcome and stuff like skills, subskills and uses/unlocks, etc...

well.. everything is welcome at this point! :)

Draigh, I made a lot of notes about locations, I will add them tomorrow. And I have around ten friends with my last character, I will look them up tomorrow, too.

Also, for everyone's benefit, I posted up the Classes and their Exam times in advance of Content Patch 1. That's all from my design sheet, so...let me know if there are any inconsistencies. :)

Oooooh. I'm so printing that out and having it next to my computer until September.

I'll just leave this copy paste job from the text document of skills, subskills, and research I was keeping here. Maybe somebody less lazy than I will add any new info they find to the wiki.

SKILLS:

Aesthetics:

Court Hairstyles

Courtly Fashion

Perfumes

Sewing

Ambush:

Danger Sense

Mimicry

Move Silently

Traps

Arithmetic:

Applications of Arithmetic

Identities of Arithmetic

Properties of Arithmetic

Theory of Arithmetic

Art:

Art Appreciation

Creativity

Dance

Music Theory

Painting

Theatre

Astrology:

Comets

Moons

Planets

Stars

Theory of Astrology

Athletics:

Archery

Competition

Running

Swimming

Wrestling

Befriend:

Conversation

Listen

Temperance

Beguile:

Character Study

Flattery

Flirting

Storytelling

Blackmail:

Journalism

Memorization

Observation

Botany:

Agriculture

Flowers

Roots

Seeds

Brew:

Alchemical Tools

Analyze

Poisons

Bully:

Brute Strength

Insult

Interrogation

Intimidation

Calligraphy:

Bookbinding

Forgery

Forms

Illustration

Ink Compounds

Orthography

Compete:

Manipulation

Planning

Wit

Cooking:

Baking

Greengrocery

Recipes

Dialectic:

Famous Dilemmas

Logic

Sleuthing

Duel:

Demi-Tour

Duel Conduct

Dueling Forms

Economy:

Accounting

Administration

Negotiate

Transport

Enchant:

Magical Appraisal

Materials Knowledge

Palettes

Theory of Enchantment

Engineering:

Architecture

Carpentry

Enspell:

Concentration

Phemes

Espionage:

Acting

Deceit

Infiltration

Explore:

Animal Husbandry

Cartography

Climb

Knots

Forge:

Armorer

Courage

Jeweler

Metallurgy

Weaponsmith

Gates:

Gates Methods

Geometry:

Astronomy

Famous Geometry Problems

Geometric Laws

Trigonometry

Glamour:

Glamour Methods

Glamour Phemes

Glamour Spells

Gossip:

Bluff

Dating

Innuendo

Heraldry:

Diplomacy

Etiquette

Intrigue

Politics

Romance

History:

The Calamities

The Early Empire

The Exile

The History of Magic

The Middle Empire

Incantation:

Incantation Methods

Incantation Spells

Theory of Incantation

Language:

Elumian

Merilien

Oncestrian

Law:

Civil Law

Debate

Malice:

Gambling

Patience

Puzzles

Music:

Famous Songs

Lute

Lyre

Voice

Natural Philosophy:

Archaeology

Negation:

Negation Methods

Negation Phemes

Negation Spells

Theory of Negation

Patrol:

Hunting

Scent Detection

Scouting

Plot:

Coordination

Dedication

Flawless Timing

Raid:

Navigation

Pure Luck

Riding

Tactics

Religion:

Ethics

Oratory

Piety

Research:

Cryptology

Decipher Handwriting

Filing

Library Knowledge

Revision:

Revision Methods

Revision Phemes

Revision Spells

Theory of Revision

Rhetoric:

Character

Confidence

Famous Speeches

Passion

Rimbal:

Endurance

Rimbal Positions

Rimbal Tacitcs

Sabotage:

Artisan

Perception

Playfulness

Practical Jokes

School Survival:

Curiosity

Familiar Kinship

Schoolyard Education

Social Skills

Study Habits

Sleight-of-Hand:

Acrobatics

Composure

Conceal

Society:

Awareness

Persuasion

Willpower

Spy:

Hide

Lie

Lockpick

War:

Command

Famous Battles

Leadership

Logistics

Strategy

Zoology:

Amphibians

Birds

Fish

Insects

Mammals

Worms

RESEARCH:

Anthropology

Art Appreciation

Astronomy

Confidence

Duel

Elumian

Flirting

Identities of Arithmetic

Knots

Library Knowledge

Lyre

Mimicry

Palettes

Sleuthing

Theory of Enchantment

War

Willpower

After playing this game for a while and finding it intriguing, as well as lurking on these forums, I've decided to join this board and help with the wiki.

So I was wondering, would anyone be against me starting to add adventures to the wiki? The individual adventure pages could have a spoiler tagged synopsis, as well as a list of choices with associated skills (also spoiler tagged).

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to throw the patch notes onto a page of the wiki.

After playing this game for a while and finding it intriguing, as well as lurking on these forums, I've decided to join this board and help with the wiki.

So I was wondering, would anyone be against me starting to add adventures to the wiki? The individual adventure pages could have a spoiler tagged synopsis, as well as a list of choices with associated skills (also spoiler tagged).

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to throw the patch notes onto a page of the wiki.

Feel free

Do one adventure first, then we can have a look at the layout of the info together.