Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia Wiki

Draigh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, I love the different additions to the wiki.

But I highly suggest to look before you act. I just noticed a whole series of pages about the Collegiate Merits which is now twice in the wiki, with the second series not even normally accessible.

Also I do see people sometimes adding pages without content, or not checking the page for errors when they submit. That either results in empty pages where one suspects at least the basic info about a spell or pheme or something. Or a page in which things are unreadable, links not working or other mishaps that can be easily solved.

I now have to check and move/delete/change pages that others have added, where I could have been adding new info to the wiki myself.

Search of the wiki is very funky. Sometimes I search Charm and a bunch of result appear which is quite proper. But most of the times it report that there's no result. If I check Main then the search advanced will provide result. Any idea why we can not set search with Main, academagia wiki, and academagiawiki talk, pre-chosen?

I've updated/added info for Bluff and Dating from 1-10. There were a few new spells and a new location. Also "The Roses of Coventia" location had very different values so I updated those. I'm assuming they changed since the entry was first added. (I'm using the latest Patch 3 from Impulse, fresh install). I'm planning on going through Innuendo next.

Some of the Location categories seem less useful (to me) than they could be. For example, Location - Gossip includes all locations that boost Gossip as well as any of the subskills. This means that if you need to bump just your Gossip, but don't care about Bluff, you'll have a heck of a time finding the Locations you want. I didn't make any changes along these lines (don't want to step on toes), but I'm willing to help clean up some of the Location categories if the decision is made to simplify it like I suggested.

The choice with the locations was that if a subskill is increased, it might also increase the parent skill.

Secondly, the subskills are strongly tied to the parent skills, which is why the initial choice was made to link a location (or spell/pheme) to both the subskill and the parent skill.

What do you guys think? Should we remove that link?

The choice with the locations was that if a subskill is increased, it might also increase the parent skill.

Secondly, the subskills are strongly tied to the parent skills, which is why the initial choice was made to link a location (or spell/pheme) to both the subskill and the parent skill.

What do you guys think? Should we remove that link?

I say we do the same as I did to items and spells, only categorize the location and actual effects. Structure the categories like this:

Locations

- Locations by Skill

-- (Parent Skill) : for locations that modify the Parent skill

--- (Sub Skill) : for locations that modify the Sub-skill

-Locations by Area

-Locations by Ability

-- Active

-- Passive

For each location you just add the skill categories they modify + area (e.g. Academagia Grounds) + Active / Passive Ability + top level category Locations.

In fact, as long as there are no objections, I'll probably implement it myself in a day or two.

Ok, finished with the locations now. Fairly exhausted. Fingers hurt.

Go, bug test and edit.

:collapse:

Locations - Skills wasn't linked from anywhere, so going on what I think your plan was I added it as a subcategory of Locations. I hope I did it right and didn't mess up your work. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's safe to put everything on the wiki, honestly, save for full direct text. (For an adventure, for example: I think it would be fine to have like, I don't know...

Adventure Name!

Option One:

Investigation (raises success for Dancing and Singing options)

Dancing (success to Option Two, failure ends)

Calligraphy (success to Option Two, failure ends)

Singing (success unlocks next adventure, failure ends)

Option Two:

Blah blah blah

But I wouldn't want to see the entire Adventure text "You step on the stage. You are nervous. Blah de blah blue." on the Wiki. However, everything else, even secrety things, seems like it would be okay, as... well, the Wiki is there to give information. It's like a game-guide: if you don't want to know, you definitely don't have to look, but if you do, information!

One thing that I think would help the Wiki (and at least get me working on it) would be templates, like the ones I linked to on TV tropes. They could be linked out from the Wiki Manual page. There are pages linking to examples, which is nice (we really need an Adventure example, too), but nothing beats templates. If someone can get that going, I promise I'll start adding adventures and locations that aren't up on there. >.> :)