Black Chicken Studios Forums

Would you like to contribute to Year 1?

Legate of Mineta

Oh yeah, I totally look forward to the adventure where the player has to assemble an army of figures. Perhaps he/she has to hunt down several limited edition figures? Mmm...theft, debate, negotiation, planning, plotting...*drool* :(

Mmmm...that would be awesome. And not that hard even, just make a main adventure where the checks are made for the different figures instead of skills...

Just added this to the mod ideas list. It will be awesome!

Mmmm...that would be awesome. And not that hard even, just make a main adventure where the checks are made for the different figures instead of skills...

Just added this to the mod ideas list. It will be awesome!

Why wait for the mods? Punch out some ideas and we may be able to get it into the DLCs if the Legate is willing.

• 4 weeks later...

I might be interested in writing some events and possibly adventures for Year 1, and maybe address some of my issues with the game that way(mostly certain skills never getting any use in events) but I want to ask some questions about that before I do any of that-

can we also write up locations? An interesting award for event success is sometimes to get access to a new place, with new things to do. And how strictly do we have to adhere to ingame lore? Because I'm not sure I'm patient enough to go max out history and all history research then read through all of the lore to make sure I can use a history subskill as an option in an event without conflicting with it.

Quelan;

You may create a new Location, although it will need to use existing art. You do not need to adhere to existing Lore, but, if necessary, edits will be made to insure continuity.

Next month the Mod Tools will be released, which will enable you to directly create and release your own content, so that option is available as well! :)

Astronomical Pool: A game that was based upon the known solar system, each ball represents a planet, and there are multiple rings around the board...Orbits, where you have to align the balls according to their position in the solar system and have them begin orbiting Sol. Using their wands and various magics, wizards influence the balls and try to sabotage their competition by messing up their alignment, and to remove their opponent's planets from the solar system. This is done by either flinging the planets into the edge of the game table, essentially removing them from the solar system via ejection. Each player has 5 planets, which are the Inner Ring and The Outer ring, which dictates which planets belong to them. Adding the enemy's planets to your side requires you to knock their planets into the the sun...but the sun has a strong gravity pull, so you will have a hard time getting that ball away from it if you don't make a good trajectory when you send in a ball.

Masters of Chess*: An ancient game of the forbidden arts, each Master will control a variety of live subjects on a large chessboards, most often being humans. They simply act just like chess pieces, and this game demonstrates just how powerful and vile Mastery could be. This game is often upheld as one of the prime examples of how Mastery can be abused for evil purposes, because it can force people to set aside their own lives and those of others in order to be sacrificed for a game.

*This might make a good adventure for Year 3 onward for your Clique and schoolmates if you pursue Mastery, in that it could be a significant event and kill or injure many people depending on the outcome.

• 11 months later...

Ok I know i'm necroing but this looks like the most appropriate thread for asking questions.

Events have various prerequisites like college or class, but i was wondering if a completed adventure could be a prereq. I'm asking mainly becasue there are some adventures that end in a significant change to the setting (like a certain student group being formed by Prudence C. or the player character joining a faction) and an event that references that change in status quo would be a great way to make immersion even deeper.

Archived