Black Chicken Studios Forums

Nice work all around!

TECoyle

Hi, got Academagia about a week ago despite the hefty price tag, and I admit I was initially unimpressed due to the huge amount of data you have to deal with. But I kept plugging away at it, and I found out the more I played, the more I liked it. Now it's become a fun go-to game when I've got a little time to kill, and I just wanted to say to the team that you did good work. I've also noticed that you've been acknowledge a large amount of feedback, good and bad, and I wanted to say that it's great to see such attention to detail. Hopefully you'll be able to iron out the various bugs over time and improve and refine the game even further. Best of luck!

I too would like to pass along my congratulations. Just bought the game a couple days ago after hearing about it on Rockpapershotgun and while I think the interface is a mess, this game is most definitely in my wheelhouse. Love the depth and ridiculous open ended complexity. I am also enjoying the well crafted writing and the style of both the artwork and overall game environment. Music is great, I completely was sucked in the first time I heard the sorcerer's apprentice after starting my first character, excellent. It really shows that this game was made with a lot of love and that is good to see these days.

Can't wait for patch and extra content this weekend, looking forward to seeing the improvements. Other things I would hope to see eventually would be more tooltips when selecting phemes and locations. If I'm adding phemes onto a spell or choosing a location for an action, I can't memorize all the bonuses and whatnot, would like to have summaries pop up on mouse rollover.

All in all good stuff and looking forward to seeing more. Haven't finished a full year yet, but will give more feedback after that.

On a final note, I don't know why there are so many complaints about the price, even without the demo. $25 is about the price of two movie tickets, and I've sunk way more play time into the game already than I would've in two movies. Even if you end up not liking the game, how many times have you seen crappy movies? Not trying to knock anyone in tight financial situations, just my two cents.

Yes, I really like the atmosphere. You see developers and players working together to try to make the game better. It's how it should be.

And seldom is. I was just commenting to my wife earlier today that it's really unusual to find a game whose creators spend so much time checking with players for bugs (not that it's in beta; it's the sheer amount of text that makes things difficult to cover). As well as seeking input, and providing direct replies about current and future content. Combined with a really distinctive product, that's just the way to go about building a brand.

And imagine some years later when there are more players, we would be like gods to them. Gods!

Since we came first! ( I really should stop planning to take over the universe, I really should )

Well, demi-gods, at least. Or second tier pantheon types, beneath the design team, who obviously will (and deserve to) claim first place. They'll get the best and first cut of fatted sacrificial calves, while we'll get chicken tandoor. Good tandoor, mind you, and that says a lot.

Well, demi-gods, at least. Or second tier pantheon types, beneath the design team, who obviously will (and deserve to) claim first place. They'll get the best and first cut of fatted sacrificial calves, while we'll get chicken tandoor. Good tandoor, mind you, and that says a lot.

I can settle for being a demigod if I still get a temple built in my name. =<

Being Gods is not all fun and play.

For one, you only get burned sacrifices, it's even worse then a barbecue.

Secondly, you only get the smoke that goes to heaven.. the meaty bits are burned till they are consumed by the fire.

Thirdly... and probably the worst part of it... they start praying for petty things, and if they don't get them, they start cursing you and become a huge pain in the butt.

Finally... any powers you have, are yours wether you are or are not a god. Godhood does not grant you powers, but it does grant you responsibilities to use those powers correctly (broad definition, depending on what kind of God you are).

Where is your ambition? Settling for the silver. You guys are weak and you disgust me! :unsure:

Aim for the highest, let your ambition take you to new hights. Without us the makers can't make the game, so we own them! If they beg we might even spare them a piece of meat if they throw in a new feature. :lol:

Go for the universe Ranielle, I will always have place for an ambitious right hand at my side.

Ranielle Limeleaf, Goddess of Irony. I believe it has a nice ring to it, if I dare say so myself.

Joking aside, while the dev team, bless their hearts, spends time with us and reads every topic, they probably won't have time for it when the flock becomes bigger. Which will inevitably happen if they keep up the good work since the sequels can only get better and more refined with this mindset. There will be a time when our esteemed Legate won't answer to every petty question. Then it will be up to the community itself to help the newcomers, be nice to them and help with their problems.

And that, my friends, is when we'll strike.

A girl with a plan! :unsure:

Anyway I agree with you that eventually the forum will be flooded, but I don't think legate will give up that easily. Perhaps he will select a the best of you guys to help him out as mod at best, but I don't think he will abandon us that easily.

A girl with a plan! :unsure:

Anyway I agree with you that eventually the forum will be flooded, but I don't think legate will give up that easily. Perhaps he will select a the best of you guys to help him out as mod at best, but I don't think he will abandon us that easily.

Who would want that kind of responsibility anyway? If we get to laugh at newbies whining about bugs while talking about good old times when we could abuse the puzzle block to get %100 success on skills we don't even have then I'll be happy.

Who would want that kind of responsibility anyway? If we get to laugh at newbies whining about bugs while talking about good old times when we could abuse the puzzle block to get %100 success on skills we don't even have then I'll be happy.

Well forum mod is one step higher then the comon folk, one step higher then the veterans (if you are a veteran made into mod off course), thus one step closer to your goal as empress of the universe. Thought you'd like that. :unsure:

Anyway notice how I cleverly wrote you guys and avoided using myself for that position. :lol:

Finally... any powers you have, are yours wether you are or are not a god. Godhood does not grant you powers, but it does grant you responsibilities to use those powers correctly (broad definition, depending on what kind of God you are).

Power and responsibility are just the same thing, looked at correctly, as I know you're aware. :unsure:

Mmmmm. Can I have chicken tandoor too, even if I'm on the design team?

The design team? Tandoor and korma.

It's too early to make advancement plans, we should make mod plans instead! Come to think of it, one of the Mastery lore snippets should be:

"Stop hitting yourself"

Then join the team. I am trying to set up a mod team in the Shenanigans sections. I am sure we can arrange for that to get into the game.

Archived