Black Chicken Studios Forums

Artifice Problems - No Recipes or Ingredients Showing

emerssso

Well, I've finally gotten around to seriously trying out artificing, and I'm having a bit of a problem. I've got a potion (Throat Spray) I'm trying to make, and the ingredient listed in it's Recipe (Purified Water), but when I go to the Artifice action window with the red ball, nothing shows up in the Recipe/Ingredients panels.

Now, this is a fairly young student, she's only got 3 in Brew (the Artificing and Enchant skill listed in the item recipe) and a 1 in Revision (the Finishing Skill), so maybe that's the problem right there.

However, if it is just the case that her skills are too low, could the interface be changed to show this somehow? As it is, it's a little confusing, because I feel like I should be able to see *something* about it in the Artifice screen.

Thanks!

emerssso;

I've just reviewed the Throat Spray and it looks like you also need a Medium Phial in order to Brew it. It's not used up in the creation of the Potion (thus you cannot see it in Ingredients). Unfortunately, the Description is not clear about it either- I can see that we will need to make a full pass on Items for Content Patch 2.

Thanks!

Hm. Oddness. I tried again once I had gotten my Medium Phial from a catalog. This time, something did show up in the Recipes list, but it was the Draught of Health, not the Throat Spray. Needless to say, I didn't have all the necessary ingredients, as it required several more items. However, the Ingredients list did show my ingredients this time, which was good.

Further, the Draught of Health doesn't show up in my list of Recipes in the Items panel at all! I did appear to get information in it in a class/after a skill-up at some point, but I didn't see it in the list of Recipes, and it was blank when I hit the link, so I just assumed it was an empty lore and moved on. There's something fishy going on here I think. Are there multiple recipe lists in the back-end of the game?

I'll update you if I make any progress later tonight. Thanks!

emerssso;

There aren't multiple Recipe lists (and there is an issue right now with Recipes not displaying), but I did double check the Throat Spray. This one requires an Ability as well, which is problematic in that you can't see what it is. We'll get this reviewed in Content Patch 2- we'll start by pulling most Prerequisites and shifting them to the Ingredients list, which should help immensely.

Archived