Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laclongquan

Adding customized portrait

62 posts in this topic

Oh, there aren't any new portraits, at least not so far as I am aware; my apologies for not being clearer. I meant that the DLC's portraits were overriding the ones I changed in the game's OfficialContent-->Resources folder. But it's actually not a problem -- I realised that the portrait files associated with the DLC are in the CacheV3 folder in the ProgramData folder for Academagia, under either the "9e7817f5-e996-4b3d-8306-64151e6e5159" folder or the "ee6e198e-1643-4805-afa4-9d638564e236" folder, and so I replaced their entries in both of them with my own. I'm pleased to say that the portraits were effectively and easily replaced and showing up in-game, even with the DLC active.

I'm feeling a bit of chagrin that I found the solution to my problem so shortly after posting about it here, but oh well.

Well, That's a bizarre problem, but I'm glad you solved it. And don't worry about the thread necro. Reviving the dead is not strictly illegal, though perhaps slightly unnerving to the public.

Yep, you got it Luxembourg. In addition you don't "need" to replace the portraits in the cashe, though it is a good way to do it. If you wish to save time (though not harddrive space) you can delete the cashe. The game will remake it again, using the portraits that you changed in the /officialcontent/resources/ folder.

Hope you enjoy!

So, I've figured out how to replace portraits with my own ones, but I'm still confused as to how I can get rid of the white corners in them while playing the game. Any help?

You have to make the background transparent, which is something that Paint can't do. As for what can...*shrugs*.

As far as I know, no, it'd just copy over the white border to the new format. You need something to replace the white border with a void, but beyond Paint being unable to do it I don't know what convenient program can.

Possibly. Beyond "Paint can't do it" I don't know. Heck, maybe Paint can do it and I just don't know where to find the function, but I've looked before and I didn't find it.

Well, I'll keep on working at it, and update you with anything new. Anyways though, at least the new UI doesn't showcase the entire portrait most of the time.