Black Chicken Studios Forums

Call for Impulse users

Iselwin

Academagia currently is unrated on Impulse (too little user votes), which makes confusing for people, who never played it, to decide whether or not it is worth their attention.

Therefore I urge those who have already bought it on Impulse, cast their fair vote - is it good? Is it bad?

• 2 weeks later...

If you think that the game deserves 5 stars, it is OK with me.

In my own opinion I would not give the game 5 stars.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of the game and the fact that they are busy trying to improve the it.

However, there is one major flaw. That is the big blue frame. If I don't downsize my screen solution to 1024 x 768 in order to remove the blue screen, Academagia would be not be playable in an enjoyable way.

I know they implemented the feature to increase the font size, but this is just to cope with the symptom and not curing the root problem. The "center page", where the main story text is told, should be bigger.

Please, Legate of Mineta, don't take this personally. You are really doing a good job and I really sense that you are putting much effort into it. This is just my realistic point of view. I think, it is better to tell his true opinion and to say what is not 100% correct in order to get the best out of it.

by-the-way;

We're not offended in the least. I personally play on a larger monitor (although I've gotten so used to the borders, it doesn't bother me at all! :) )

Eventually, we hope to allow the game to be able to be played at Text Size 125%, but even that is not truly scaling. The real problem with that won't be corrected until Year 2, unfortunately.

Legate of Mineta,

I am glad to read, that you understand my point of view. I was worried that you were going to stick with that flaw through the whole series!

If you really can solve the problem I will definitly continue to buy the other games.

In my previous post I forgot to mention the great artwork and amount of stories!

Just wondering if anyone has bought and got the game to download and work from Impulse? Its been a day since I ordered and haven't received any email from them. I'd order directly from the publisher, but I hate to pay for it twice. It looks like some time next week before I get to try it eh?

bigcat;

If you've purchased it from Impulse, you should have created an account (a username and password). What you will need to do is download the Impulse Software:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/download

...and log in, using your account. If you look under your games, you will find Academagia, ready for download and installation.

Once you have downloaded and installed it, you are ready to play. :)

Let me know if you have any troubles with that.

Couldn't get it to work so just downloaded through the publisher's link and sent an email asking Stardock to cancel my order. This cost more, but I think the people that made it get more money this way right?

On another note that I didn't want to start a new thread about, how do I get DLC 1? I couldn't seem to find a download link to it. Also do I need / where do I find content patch 1 if I have content patch 2? Thanks, I'm having fun getting confused on the game. Keep up the good work

Archived