Black Chicken Studios Forums

Cheat Mod

genz44

Cheat Clique Relationship: Raise Clique relationship

Cheat Clique Skill: Raise Clique skills

Code can be found in Message of the Winds spell unlock from Background: Family of Wizards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheat Clique Break: Lower other clique relationship to make it more likely to disband. 5 points should do or else it would cause some large scale rivalry.

Code from Stir up Trouble (Action) unlock from Compete - Manipulation 4.

Cheat Everyone Relationship: Raise almost everyone's relationship

Can't think of way to get everyone easily, but you can get almost everyone easily if you use the code from Friendships: Godina then add all the other collages and add 500 Relationships with Random Students for EACH collage, so the cheat spends total of 3500 points on each collage randomly. The probably result should end in each student end up with at least 30 points relationship to a rare 100+ points.

This method have the best spreading rate since it cap to each collage getting 500 points to spend randomly. You can increase the point by a lot to make sure everyone get it.

For easiest coding, set Friendships: Random Students to spend like 9000 points instead. Not sure if this will break anything.

@Jaeger - I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. Maybe it'd be a good idea for you to start a topic about the memory editor you found? I'm sure folks would appreciate having a quick tutorial on what you did that's easier to find than digging through my old mod posts. Good luck with it and don't forget the virus scan!

@Nyaa - More interesting ideas and new challenges! Thank you for the good post formatting and research into examples. Some of it I've already found, but most of it saves me from countless minutes digging deep into the mod entries. Your ideas are mostly all set for testing, but the "everyone cheat" will be very tricky to add in successfully. Let me explain the dilemma.

I can't really tell the game to take a total number of points and disperse them randomly in a particular college or group. That'd be too easy. ;) Instead, I have to make one effect entry for each student getting an increase. Unfortunately, the target context for these types of effects don't have any "all" options. Basically, in this context, I can hardcode a target character, set a random character, or let the player choose a character. However, I do have one thing to try. Normally you'd follow a target "tree" all the way to its end like this:

Character/College/Selection of College/Aranaz/Choice of Character/Female/Character/Choice of Character (Let the player choose any Aranaz female)

I'm going to try only going partway to catch all of a college like this:

Character/College/Selection of College/Aranaz

That is the big problem I had with trying to allow players to increase their choice of parent skill maximum. The line to follow to allow players to choose a parent skill doesn't actually work in the game. The button that should appear to let you choose a skill is strangely gone. The two that don't work followed by what I'm going to try next:

Expand Subject/Skill Level Maximum/Choice of Skill (Ending with Choice of SubSkill here works perfectly and is what I use for the Cheat Game subject)

Expand Subject/Skill Level Maximum/Parent Skill/Choice of Parent Skill/Choice of Skill

Expand Subject/Skill Level Maximum/Parent Skill/Choice of Parent Skill

With luck, following the "tree" or "branch", whichever term you prefer, partway will actually work. I'll find out and post the results soon enough.

Looking around the mod, it seem the expand function all linked to this instead.

[increase]Increase Subject/Skill Level/Parent Skill/Selection of Concrete Parent Skill/[skill name](Skill)

And you set the magnitude to 1. Probably will make the duration permanent instead?

I did put one test action using 'increase' into my latest version. I didn't know if it'd be permanent, but there's only one way to find out. I think the main thing to look at is an action's duration. An immediate, permanent increase seems to take place when duration is set to 1. Anything else appears to be temporary unless you set duration to 0. Duration of 0 seems to bug the entire action. The big question is whether the increase effect itself is inherently temporary.

I'm set up to try a simple skill raise using increase with a duration of 1 and a magnitude of 10. With luck, it'll increase the skill permanently by 10. If it works, the next thing to test is if I hit the same problem with choice of parent skill like I mentioned earlier with the missing button. Unfortunately, a test version takes, on average, 8 hours to publish. The average for a full release publish is roughly 14 hours. With a little luck I'll have results quickly.

Edit: Results time! Increase is solely a temporary effect, unfortunately. Also, going halfway through a target "branch" defaults to a random target. I had to replace the clique relationship decrease with a standard "choose 2" decrease. If you try to limit it within a clique, you can only have it effect a choice of character and a random member of that clique. The option to let the player choose seems missing. I'm going to have some new versions up soon, but the details will be on the first page in a minute.

Edited by Zelefis

Edit: Results time! Increase is solely a temporary effect,ms missing. I'm going to have some new versions up soon, but the details will be on the first page in a minute.

Pretty sure Legate mention somewhere before that it's increase...but that's too long ago to recall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I finally found the effect to let the user delete whatever they want.

The code is in EFFECT tab of ability, set effect type to REMOVE and then

Remove Subject/Ability/Self/Choice of ability

Remove Subject/Action/Self/Choice of ability

Not sure how much it let us choose though. Maybe magnitude is the one to decide?

If so, then make a single remove and a 10x remove would be wonderful for cleaning up those useless ability that clogging up the menu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I remember Legate explaining expand vs increase as well, but I just couldn't find the post. At least it wasn't hard to test. I'll try out your info on removals in the next test version which should be ready early next week. I think it'll be useful as long as you don't want the removed abilities back, but I suppose I could try out something to add a choice of ability too.

I think the parent skill raise will have to wait for year 2 or a fix to year 1 tools. Every action that should give you a choice to increase a parent skill only lets you select a subskill or has a missing button. I could make a new action for each parent skill, but that'd be too many actions in your list.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention magnitude. I did do some tests raising magnitude past 1 with effects dealing in revealing locations, adding items or knowledge, and anything else not involving a stat. In those cases anything above 1 is treated as a 1. Ex: Inform random location with a magnitude of 5 reveals 1 location, not 5.

Alright, I need a tester for the next release. The new file will cause a crash if the DLC is also checked in the mod list. You may not need both checked, but I need someone to do a quick check for current game content. Longshade was correct and new adventures were present, but I'm not sure if it's all there.

Test Mod

So I shouldn't select the DLC? Then how do I open the main game to check it?

This file upload is still being processed, please check back shortly to download.

Use 4shared, mediafire, FileServe, Bitshare, Hotfile or megaupload next time.

Edit: Still can't download it.

There isn't a way to directly increase a Parent Skill permanently- as you note, Increase is temporary. Of course, you can always Expand the Sub-Skills and that will have a corresponding effect on the Parent (within Skill Max!)

Alternatively, you can set up an Ability which has the Parent Skill increase you want and make that Ability have Duration = 0, which 'permanently' gives the Player the increase so long as they have the Ability.

A final thought is to create an Emotion with some impossible Exit condition which has all the increases you want. Provided that the Exit condition is never filled, that Emotion's effects will be in play 'permanently'. Note: be careful about your entrance Prerequisites or every Student will have the Emotion as well. :)

Hope that helps. :)

@Nyaa - The download seems to work now. I don't think I've gotten stuck with that delay before, but I'll look into alternate hosting. When you get the file just extract it like you usually would. At the mod selection screen you'll only check my mod before moving on. If I'm right about how publishing works, DLC content should still be included. I'm just a touch wary since that Longshade error in my first mod.

@Legate - Thanks for the info! Any insight on how these things work is appreciated. The problem I was having was in increasing Parent Skill Maximums. I don't think I'd have trouble setting specific ones to increase, but I just can't find a way to allow the player to choose one to increase. I've tried two ways to increase the maximums:

[Expand]Expand Subject/Skill Level Maximum/Choice of Skill

This option allows players to select a subskill; however, the Choice of SubSkill option exists and works correctly in allowing players to choose a subskill.

[Expand]Expand Subject/Skill Level Maximum/Parent Skill/Choice of Parent Skill/Choice of Skill

This option appears in the game when I tried it, but the button that allows you to select a skill is missing from the daily confirmation screen.

Tested, everything works perfectly, and any order will load all the mod correctly. You should be a programmer! :lol:

Success chance also seems to work correctly since my chance of discovery is -50%. :ph34r:

Edit: Interesting, with 11 attribute and 50% success chance seem to only make the color blue or maybe the success chance didn't target those?

Were you able to load the mod and the DLC? If that's what you mean by load order, I'm glad to hear it...I'll need to find out why mine hates me so. Hehe, I have made a few programs in the past, but I do feel like I'm bumbling about sometimes here.:wacko: I thought about tinkering around with a mod tool of my own, but I'd need the format info and more details on how content is loaded into the game. Bah, enough daydreaming and back to the task at hand!

I've examined how the game gives you +success and -discovery, including the parts you found for me, and implemented my new version in that style. My first version used [Character]Character/Self for them when it should've been [Action]Presence/All for the effect targets. I've given +50% to actions, abilities, and spells along with that -50% discovery. I got some random events during testing with all of the options blue, but the cooresponding subskills were all 0 (first or second day events). Testing Befriend at start also led to a blue chance, but some of the Gossip rolls were still purple. It seems success chance doesn't modify everything.

I'm going to use MediaFire as a mirror from now on as well. I'm trying to stick to hosting sites that don't have a countdown or timed download limit. Thanks for all the help, Nyaa!

Yes, it load the DLC without selecting it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheat New Familiar (Ability): Replace your current familiar with the one you choose.

Code 1: Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Remove -> Subject: Remove Subject/Familiar

Code 2: Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Add -> Subject: Add subject/familiar/Choice of Familiar

Note: Interestingly, you can also get the unique familiar from other student.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheat Fight Monster (Ability): Fight a monster.

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Add-> Subject: Add Subject/Monster/Choice of Monster/Choice of Type/Random Monster

Note: Some monster entries seems to be deleted.

Cheat Learn Place: Inform of the chosen location

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Inform-> Subject: Location/Choice of Location/Selection of Region/

Note: Didn't seem to have the choice for both choosing region and location, but maybe Selection of Region will do.

Cheat Play Rimbal: Play the Rimbal Mini-Game.

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Rimbal-> Subject: Collage/(You pick a collage) -> Target: Collage/(You pick a collage)

Note:Since we can't choose collage in game or put it at random, Copy/paste the code until every collage is fighting other one, so the player can at least fight a default collage.

Not sure if this mini-game fully implemented or not.

Cheat Parent skill MAX: Even though Legate said it can't, let's try it with SET script.

Code : Effect Tag -> Set Type: Skill Level Maximum/Parent Skill/Choice of Parent Skill/Choice of Skill

Note: Target self and magnitude 10

Cheat Learn Shop/Merchant: Inform of the chosen location

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Inform-> Subject: Catalog or merchant/Choice of Catalog or merchant

Note:This should be the proper code for learning places.

Cheat Activate Adventure: Start an adventure.

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Initiate-> Subject: Story/Choice of Adventure.

Note:Looks like event can't be chosen manually.

Cheat Duel Someone: Anyone! Even yourself!

Code : Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Duel -> Target: Choice of Character/Character/Choice of Character

Note: Dueling self need other code.

Cheat Can't Bully You: No one can bully or be hostile at you.

Code 1: Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Prevent-> Subject: Ability/Selection of Action/Bully

Code 2: Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Prevent-> Subject: Ability/Selection of Action/Hostile (Hostile Action Type)

Let's not include Vendetta in this. :P

Cheat No More Stess: Not sure how much this is covered.

Code 1: Effect Tag -> Effect Type: Prevent-> Subject: Stress

Ho ho ho ho ho, I see that we can also manipulate student's behavior...I always want to mod a "Game Theory Sand Box". But that will leave for another time until I am more experience.

Or something simple like a Total bullies school environment for hard mode, a whole school of rebelling students, a whole school of Mystery Students, I wonder how the AI will control you...

I know of a few things we can't do. The monsters have no AI right now, so they don't do anything when you fight them. The rimbal minigame isn't finished yet. Lastly, the Initiate effect is bugged right now. It's what they use to start the venalicium adventure chain. I've tried fixing it in the tools, but it looks like a code bug. I might be able to fix that chain after I fix up the mod.

You've got some interesting ideas there. I don't know if some would get buggy like switching familiars or duelling yourself, but I'm willing to test out the effects. I can't guarantee including everything, like AI changes, but we'll see what fits into the scope of the mod.

On a side, how fast is your net connection? If you're able to upload a base file you've modified, I'd be happy to try and publish it for you. I think you've got some great ideas to share with the community, and I'd like to help you get your own mod out there to folks. The AI seems very versatile and I'm interested to see where you'd take it.

Anyways, this upcoming release will be the last official one until I can fix my crash bug. If I don't fix that I'll have to completely redo the mod when DLC 6 comes out.

I actually plan to do it in year 2 mod instead, but if it wasn't about game theory, those school of bullies and so should be pretty easy to make.

My connection is damn fast, but I won't be able to do it anytime soon with all these quiz and exams, plus I only halfway through the book about game theory.

Does anyone know how Research topics are connected to lore? I was looking all through the mod tools, but can't seem to find where research 1-9 has the effect of informing lore. Is it hard-coded into the program? It would be useful in modifying what results from research. Having to go 9 turns with nothing but lore is boring, though the cheat mod rectifies this somewhat.

Zelefis;

Choice of Parent Skills was removed functionally, but I'll determine if it's possible to hook it back up in a future update.

Retired_Deer;

It's a bit difficult to get to Research Skills, because they are listed under the 'Topics' tab in certain Locations. Not all Locations have Research Topics, thus the difficulty...;)

Thanks, Legate! That clears up some confusion.

New version up! Check the notes for important info and have fun. I'll have another release out after I fix the crash bug. Non-cheaters can use the Normal version for game bug fixes and two backgrounds to add points for character creation and random location reveals. Great for choosing more backstory for roleplay!

Thanks for the "normal" Mod, I will probably use it when I start my next (But for this I probably will wait for the next DLC)

Btw. to keep it compatible for future official releases how about split Bug Fix and the Cheat mods into 2 seperat Mods?

Or are there problems in loading 2 or more mods beside the official DLC?

Thank you, Legate. I was going in circles trying to find them. The wiki has helped in that task, which is where I should have checked in the first place.

Zelefis;

We really appreciate all of your efforts. Here's another idea, though. You know those inactive backgrounds in Spells and Wands? Could those be incorporated into childhood and inheritance, respectively, if you think it worthwhile? It makes sense, with all the quests/events about wands, that you start off with the ability to get one.