Black Chicken Studios Forums

Scheherazade on Steam

Upvoted the game on Steam, for what little it seems to be doing. I was surprised by the radically different art style, but from what I've seen, the gameplay seems reminiscent of Academagia, I enjoyed Academagia's gameplay, and gameplay outweighs art in my book. Given the 20 dollar price tag, I may just purchase it tomorrow rather than wait for it to come to Steam.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully Scheherazade will eventually make it, but it's pretty clear that the majority of the Steam crowd isn't interested in this type of game yet! :)

The problem is that most of the English VN stuff out there just isn't very good. That said, Hanako's games are of quite high quality, if you don't mind me pointing out a potential competitor, Legate :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am surprised this is still in greenlight. I know there are problems with some games. I bought a game that came through greenlight called Battle vs Chess and there was a major problem with it as the people selling the game did not actually have the rights to sell the game. It took me a month before I got the key to unlock it to play it. I understand and respect all the struggling, and up and coming game companies, but I wish there was a better system to get your game onto the green light. Like it has to meet certain guidelines. Also the filter system does not include VN or virtual novel. I know that Academagia and Scheherazade are well and above VN genre, but the people who play those games are the ones who would be more attracted to yours. IMHO. VN is very popular and would draw a lot of gamers to steam for you and you affiliates. Is there a way to get Steam to add another genre?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...