Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fanfiction And Fanfiction Ideas

Pataponvideo

Thinking something related to Enterprise. Probably related to what Wellington and DrYuriMom has written, but I wonder if I shouldn't diversify a bit.

I want to explore the fact that a random person being chosen as captain will probably not sit well with the existing crew regardless of what regulation says. I want to explore that aspect a bit more, but I'm not a very good writer so coming up with ideas for a good drama is what I would need to pointers about.

It also helps that the ship is quite new if we look at her commissioning date.

Depends on the captain's action and how the crew view him, if the captain earn his crew loyalty though hard-work then the random person replacing him will earn the ire of the crew. However if the ship is brand new and has a freshly picked crew then the random person replacing the captain will not have large negative impact on the crew and their performance.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Legate:

Just for fun, are there any conflicts with my 3 story ideas setting and canon-wise? Would there be no chance at all that a belle would choose a captain who fears the sea? Would the nation responsible actually demote a previous admiral to captain of the belles if one chose him?

Fifrein;

No conflicts that I can see- a Belle can choose anyone, and it could have hilarious results. :)

I can now see a Oneshot of a Belle choosing a dog as her captain.

• 1 month later...

Idea the fourth, I believe I'm on now:

Victory Belles: Language Barrier-- A belle manifest, and picks from her crew a captain that doesn't speak her native language. This is compounded by the fact that this is a rather patriotic belle who doesn't speak any other language. Odd body language and heartwarming teaching/learning shenanigans ensue. (The issue here is that a patriotic belle as such wouldn't choose a foreign captain, I'd say run with the idea that the captain has said nation's blood in his veins, but he's a child of immigrants and while he's pure, say, German...He never grew up speaking German.)

• 4 months later...

Two more one shot ideas for you few to contemplate! Minor warning, apparently number 2 in this set is too unsafe for the NSFW chat on the discord even, but I don't believe so. You can decide for yourself, but for the meantime I'm spoilering it. Do remember, all my ideas here are just that, basic story concepts. they aren't complete and are meant to be picked up and written by others, though preferably with some collaboration with me to see that they are written to what I had in mind. That said, enjoy!

Idea 5) Faith and Elbow grease- A belle manifests for a noncombat vessel. With no armament, she knows she's still needed and willing to help the cause against the morgana threat any way she can. Whether she's a Repair ship, or a tanker or cargo or troop ship who decides to scout for safe convoy lanes using her innate ability to sense the morgana, she fights with all she has, even if what she has is not built for violence. This one could be really heartwarming, and could extend farther that a one shot easily. it depends on who wants to write the concept.

Idea 6) Incomplete- A belle knows she is needed, and wants to fight before she is ready. She manifests at the shipyard for a ship still under construction, and her new body reflects that. She is broken, missing pieces. An arm may be gone, and her bones and organs can be showing in places. Her clothes are loose, with stitches missing and articles incomplete. Her personality is all there; she's already been named. She tries to talk to the dock workers, but they're understandably terrified when a malformed steel girl comes up and speaks in a broken voice. Progress slows, and rumors spread that the yard is haunted. It escalates from there, she sits lonely on her ship, waiting to be completed. Perhaps this story can have a happy end when her chosen captain arrives and orders the ship completed. If it is, she is obviously filled in and completed with the hull until full completion at commissioning. If not, it can be a sad story of dark themes, but still a very good read if written correctly. Not all stories need happy endings.

Please read the ideas before making a decision on them, and please tell me before you delete my post for being "too dark" as the discord seems to think it is.

However, do leave comments and questions about the ideas, I'd love to hear you opinions!

Aight, just reading that, after what they said about saying no to the Discord, I'm thinking a certain couple of people are wimps when it comes to WORDS. Ah well, honestly, that seems pretty cool. And I could see it. She wants to fight for her country so bad, she's willing to risk it all, literally, to do so. I'd honestly like to see something like that.

I'd like to see all my story ideas written eventually, haha. I'm working on two (for a given definition of "working" :P ), and I have it in good faith that a writer here is working on a third. No spoilers, but hopefully these will be written eventually as well!

Two more for ya, which came up in a discussion with friends this morning!

7) Omens- A belle manifests (a common theme) on day 1 for a ship with a particularly masculine name, and her crew is unsure what to make of it. As a superstitious bunch, they mistake her for a Klabautermann, come to show them their ship is doomed. Morale drops harshly in the middle of combat and shenanigans ensue as she tries to convince the crew otherwise while simultaneously keeping them all from dying horrifically to the Morgana. tags: Comedy, Action, minor dark themes, One-Shot

Alternate version: On a Japanese ship, the Belle is mistaken for a Zashiki Warashi (a child spirit of the home, generally kind and helps out around the house with a good-natured family) and while they are happy to have her, they don't consider her a combatant. She's rather miffed by that. tags: again, Comedy and Action, but lighter themes this time.

8) Stowaway- A young girl stows away on a warship, hoping that she can join the battle against the Morganas as a sailor, as the government wouldn't let her enlist. When a Morgana actually appears and the crew is called to battlestations, she is found and brought to the captain. Being a stowaway is a serious problem, so she thinks back to recent occurrences and comes up with one hell of a lie: "I'm a Belle, Captain." Cue the curious case of one young girl doing her damndest to pretend to be a ship, supplemented by her knowledge of the ships' most inner workings and backroom passageways from her time as a stowaway. Tags: comedy, action This one might be better suited for a more long-term story than as a one-shot.

It would be an interesting twist. I was thinking also about how if the ship got hit the Stowaway would have to punch herself to reflect the issues, and use her innate knowledge of the ship's back passages and little hidden spots to both prove she's a Belle and give the crew more efficient routes through the ship

I figured she'd use the passages to "disappear" and "reappear" like a belle would. Also can you imagine if the Captain thought he was chosen by a Belle and is filled with pride in himself? Lol poor dude.

Okay, this is bugging me now, is that a German(ic?) gnome or what is that?

From what I've read, it's something like that. Like a ship-gnome sort of. It protects, maintains, and repairs the ship. Any ship that has a Klabautermann is a ship under a good omen. However, a Klabautermann works in secret. It will only show itself to either a crew member who's about to die or the crew of a doomed ship. A Klabautermann that is seen is a horrible omen.

Archived