Black Chicken Studios Forums

Kantai Collection General Thread

Fizzn

When they said "large foreign ship" I was hoping for either Tirpitz or an American CV (who I would fail to get anyway), not yet another uncompleted aircraft carrier. So I'm pretty "meh" on this. Aquila might end up looking pretty cute, so I don't know.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I agree. While Graf Zeppelin is one of my favorite ships in th game and I find her interesting as a German carrier. But she took a spot that could have been better suited for a ship that actually finished and had a service record. Though I can understand if they put them in just to finish up the line of foreign ships. Like now there's a german sub, a few DD's, a BB, a CA and now a CV. Which gives them one of almost every ship type.

So which German CL could be in KanColle? Another shipgirl game, Warship Girls, has the Konigsberg class and Emden.

Damn....I wonder how long we will have to wait for a Royal Navy ship to be added in KanColle. *years pass*

The two I know of off the top of my head are konigsburg and nurenburg...

I would need to do more homework to know for certain, but my general sense was that aside from the "destroyer leader" type ships, heavy cruisers were a bigger focus of ship development at the time than light cruisers.

Yea I agree. While Graf Zeppelin is one of my favorite ships in th game and I find her interesting as a German carrier. But she took a spot that could have been better suited for a ship that actually finished and had a service record. Though I can understand if they put them in just to finish up the line of foreign ships. Like now there's a german sub, a few DD's, a BB, a CA and now a CV. Which gives them one of almost every ship type.

I don't play KanColle, but I do follow it (shamelessly, because I wanted to keep an eye on the Italian girls, I admit it! :rolleyes: )

Following that logic, the Aquila is needed for the Regia Marina, together with one or more submarines, so it's not complete yet.

Just sayin'.

I don't play KanColle, but I do follow it (shamelessly, because I wanted to keep an eye on the Italian girls, I admit it! :rolleyes: )

Following that logic, the Aquila is needed for the Regia Marina, together with one or more submarines, so it's not complete yet.

Just sayin'.

Yea that's what I was saying too. lol. I don't entirely like them putting uncompleted ships into the game over ones with more history. But I understand that's why they do it. And Graf became my second favorite ship in the game so yea. lol

Nothing can beat Graf Zeppelin's laugh in a sortie, nor MVP line. Her laugh is that nice evil laugh I always wanted in a Kanmusu, yet in a serious manner. And yes, we're missing Tirpitz whom would have been my first waifu if it wasn't for Bismarck winning me over in Pivix art. Voids, they're dangerous.

And yes, I'm loving the mention of needing Italian carriers & submarines. I didn't want to post here to keep spamming, yet I've been noting time & time again that KanColle needs Adua-Class Submarine Kanmusu. We need someone from the Adua-Class submarine line to join the Italian roster, just as we have U-511/Ro-500 for the Germans. Both me and my fellow American comrade being both annoyed at how we can't swap them for "spares" type submarines for when they get damaged, or similar; For when Imuya gets hurt you'd simply add in Axum, Adua, or whomever gets added. He also mentioned [Casablanca] being a fun submarine to add for its defection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adua-class_submarine

Then you have Argo-Class Submarine, one of whom I discovered through Canadian contact in the tonnage lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo-class_submarine

Adua & Argo Class submarines being a nice way to remind people that Italians had awesome vessels to respect & fear. The more I learn, the more I can respect the Italians, and I love that feeling. Knowledge is power. And loving the mention of Aquila that I'm thankful she was brought to my attention. Already well aware of the USN ones that it's always fun learning about those forgotten elsewhere. If another USN Kanmusu joins the rank, then awesome to my American comrades :)

I'd love to see those subs in the game. though by this point I'd be happy to see any new subs in the game. there are only like what? 7 subs in the game? And only 3 of them are craftable. One of them is drop only. Two are LSC and one is event only. Plus Yuu looks so cool so I bet the italian ones would as well. So long as they don't ruin their design with generic swimsuit like they did with Ro. lol.

And yes, I'm loving the mention of needing Italian carriers & submarines. I didn't want to post here to keep spamming, yet I've been noting time & time again that KanColle needs Adua-Class Submarine Kanmusu. We need someone from the Adua-Class submarine line to join the Italian roster, just as we have U-511/Ro-500 for the Germans. Both me and my fellow American comrade being both annoyed at how we can't swap them for "spares" type submarines for when they get damaged, or similar; For when Imuya gets hurt you'd simply add in Axum, Adua, or whomever gets added. He also mentioned [Casablanca] being a fun submarine to add for its defection.

A friend of mine thinks that the Comandante Cappellini would be a probable choice, as it served al three Axis navies.

Might have some personality confusion, though... :rolleyes:

Don't worry, since it's KanColle she'll just have an anime stereotype for a personality,

Right. And maybe disfunctionality may be appealing.

I am still having trouble understanding why the heck Pola is so freaking popular, just because she is the worst drunk around (because if I understood correctly there are many others).

A friend of mine thinks that the Comandante Cappellini would be a probable choice, as it served al three Axis navies.

Might have some personality confusion, though... :rolleyes:

That's also a fun one :)

Well, having just trained Taigei into Ryuuhou, and U-511 into Ro-500 I can see Cappellini done in a mixture of the two. Using KanColle logic it be interesting to use blueprints as a form of documantation to transform Cappellini into UIT-24, and then into I-503. It's up to them if they want to use the blueprints, or to just go about it by just remodeling the way U-511 did into RO-500.

I'd see Cappellini as a nice refined lady (maybe VB's Pola, but swimwear version) to then be Bismarck type bottomless, to then be a Japanese styled half-tanned Kanmusu. Kongo was treated as half-Japanese & half-British so that be an interesting way to treat Cappelini.

It makes me so happy that you brought this submarine to mine/our attention. That's now this, Casabianca, HNLMS Tromp, & this. Even Porcupine with Pine. Fun stuff.

Seeing that they added this as June 2016 ranking reward http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Re.2001_OR_Kai

The new foreign ship for the next event is most likely Aquila.

That being said, I'm being very lazy lately, only logging in every few days to play KC. I might be playing too many web/mobile games(Shooting Girls, KC, FF Brave Exvius, Panzer Waltz, Armor Blitz, Avengers Academy). I should still have enough resource to do the next event on easy though so it should be fine.

Then my American comrade was right. I have room for Aquila so bring her here so I can acquire her, as well as Iowa. The RNG from the last event was so sadistic & abusive that you couldn't progress properly. Your fleet had to be so perfectly equipped & supported that it was mentally brutal. The lost sanity.....Hoping this event to be easier on the sanity levels, as well as the newbies also. Not everybody has the time to deal with sadistic death-traps & sanity draining events. More so the newbies whom were scared away by that event.

But yeah, bring on Aquila :)

Then my American comrade was right. I have room for Aquila so bring her here so I can acquire her, as well as Iowa.

Unless I missed something in recent news, Iowa probably won't be acquirable for a long time.

For example, Prinz Eugen was a reward ship for the Fall 2014 E3 map, she wasn't an event drop until a year later (and that node had to have some bullshit specific enemy formation iirc).

Littorio was Spring 2015 E4's map reward. A few months later, she was a rare drop in World 4-5 for a limited time and hasn't been a drop since.

On the contrary, Roma was a later event map drop for 3 consecutive events. Same with Graf Zeppelin.

Since Iowa was a map reward like the first 2 ships I mentioned, she probably won't be an event drop until a few months or year later, most likey on some node with bullshit mechanics attached. <_<

Archived