Black Chicken Studios Forums

World of Academagia

Nyaa

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*gasp!* I should have asked ages ago I now realize, I always assumed that gods (as most are) were 'just' your plain old sit-in-the-dark gods! I hadn't expected Noimea to be a goddess, despite having near-god status. Pretty neat. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I've a question that has been drifting in and out of my mind as of late. I do hope this is the right thread to ask it..

What does a dragon actually look like?

My mind automatically cast forth the image of the stereotypical western dragon. Four legs, thick scales, long tail with possible barbs, biiiig wings and a general air of being awesome and.. Dragony. Big fangs and jaws are a natural assumption of mine as well.

But is this right? Are there variations among dragons just as in humans? Maybe some look like wyverns or worms while others are a bit more eastern or aztec-y? Can they all fly, either by magical means or through physical ability?

That's the basic thrust of my question. I could go on and on about 'em, but those are my main interests. I don't know why, but I'd sort of assumed that the World contained various "breeds" or types of dragons.

So, there you go.

Mr. Riddler;

There are variations in Dragons, but they are something of a hybrid of both western and eastern. If you look at the game UI, you can see a stylized Dragon wrapping itself below the Clock.

All Dragons are able to fly through magical means, but generally prefer not to- they can be very lazy creatures. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And Katja's a very dutch name (which has always made me wonder if she's from Meril, or from someone else and just speaks the language fluently), while quite a few of the kids have Spanish inspired names ('de') though they lack the standard two last name structure. So as long as it's vaguely European, it's probably good. :)

• 2 months later...

I am not very good with the western nations(Europeans and such),living in Hong Kong which feels like all westerners are the same.So,there are Academagia-versions of these Europeans nations in-game?It is hard for me to know which is which because to me it is all fantasy England(or USA lol):wacko:

I would like a short introduction on that so I can at least read about the real-version of these nations and get a feel of witch is which plzzzz (For example what is our version of Azem?)

• 4 months later...

I don't know if this question has been asked before but

1. Can Negation negate life from someone?

2. Could a Gates user utilize portal cut?

3. Is it possible to use Mastery to alter Bond between a wizard and familiar?

And I think I just necroed this thread

Another barrage of question go!

1. Is it possible for a wizard (with sufficient bond) to possess his/her familiar and vice versa ?

2. Could a wizard transfer his/her life to his/her familiar? (A Gift of Familiar with the familiar as the target)

3. Is it possible to physically someone using Glamour?

4. Could a polymorphed wizard cast spells?

5. Is it possible to cast Mastery to self?

Dormuul;

1) It's certainly possible for the Wizard to take control of their Familiar, but the reverse is unheard of. Well, apart from cautionary tales of intrepid young Wizards trying to make Dragons their Familiars. :)

2) Yes, but since such magics would be very temporary, and because of the dangers to the Wizard's body, it's not accomplished outside of theory.

3) I guess you mean 'physically look like someone'? If so, yes. :)

4) Yes.

5) [Redacted]! :)

And I think I just necroed this thread

"Who dares traverse through these halls of ancient knowledge and speak in such strong audibility to sabotage the sacred silent of this forgotten library?"

"Leave this place to its eternal slumber or suffer the wrath of a reprimand!"

All your question can be asked in here

Actually I want to say is it possible to harm someone physically using Glamour but it seems I forgot to add "harm".

*takes out another batch of questions*

1. Is it possible to use revision to graft another creature's organs to self? (Ala Tzimisce's flesh crafting)

2. Is there other non-human humanoid races?

3. Since Thunderbirds exist for about Firefoxes?:P

• 1 month later...

1. Can Negation negate life from someone?

Dormuul;

1) Kind of, but essentially not permanent.

Hmm... So by "essentially not permanent" do you mean there are Negation spells that could safely put someone in suspended animation? If so, could it be for years, decades, centuries, "Once and Future King" territory?

Hmm... So by "essentially not permanent" do you mean there are Negation spells that could safely put someone in suspended animation? If so, could it be for years, decades, centuries, "Once and Future King" territory?

Suspended animation would be like taking 90% of life away from the person (still can breath and have heartbeat), not as the 100% magical 'fake death', but both would probably be essentially the same in this case.

You could recast it repeatedly over the year to keep the suspension going.