Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 10: Under the Eaves of the Wood

Legate of Mineta

DLC 10 has been released, and can be found here:

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). For example: C:\Program Files\Academagia\Mods\Content.mdm (Please overwrite all files.) Begin a new game, checking 'Under the Eaves of the Wood', to use DLC 10.

Before you Install: DLC 10 does not require you to create a new game, but if you wish to have certain fixes, you will need to create a new one. This Patch is cumulative, and contains all previous Content Patches, Code Patches and DLC.

This Patch adds these features:

1) 8 new Adventures

2) 32 new Events

3) Many new Phemes, Spells and Abilities

4) 15 new Items

5) 5 new Locations

6) A new general Skill

7) 11 new Backgrounds

8) A new Familiar: the enigmatic Platypus

9) The Praetexta Court Story now better explains the outcome of the Court.

10) Instructor Relationships now have the chance of more of an impact in the Praetexta Court.

11) An issue with serialization of outcomes from the Court was resolved.

..and corrects these issues:

1) Some Adventures and Events were reworked for continuity

2) Cante Caviti's Cat no longer changes names

3) The awe-inspiring Wyrmmuffin now has an image

4) Certain Skill Maximum Expansions were reworked

5) Several Skills have new Abilities

6) Several Item Types were corrected

7) Some Descriptions were reworked for correctness

8) Certain Spells were reworked to have better Effects and Targets

9) Several Adventure and Event rewards were reworked

...as well as many typos.

Special thanks to the following Academagians who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

Adrian

Eon

Freespace2dotcom

Gladi

Impet

Jackrabbit

Jeff Wang

Klldarkness

Mikka

Moxicity

Random Logician

Schwarzbart

starcrunch

Thanks also to the Community for these Adventures:

Random Event Awesome Community 35 Leoshi

Random Event Awesome Community 36 Adrian

Random Event Awesome Community 37 CremePudding

Random Event Awesome Community 38 CremePudding

Leoshi;

No, it wasn't, but because of the new Family System in Year 2, it's not 100% certain that we'll implement it in the DLC yet. Once it's clarified that it can fit seamlessly in, we'll place it. :)

Eon;

That was actually a suggestion by Random Logician ages ago- he even started making the Familiar, but I believe never completed it. It was an amazing idea, though. :)

Schwarzbart;

Definitely! The Content Team has actually asked me more than once what you thought of their interpretation, but you were on holiday, and haven't been using that Adventure in any case. ;)

Whoever suggested up platypus familiars is amazing. I never would have thought of them, but now that they've been added I can't think of anything better. :lol:

Duck-billed Platypi are very cool! Although, IMHO not a substitute for the small vulpine canids (AKA foxes) we all know the game is still lacking. :P However, this is a great addition in it's own right AND demonstrates that the Devs are able to get the extra writing and artwork necessary to add new familiars without interfering with other additions or fixes to the game. B)

Duck-billed Platypi are very cool! Although, IMHO not a substitute for the small vulpine canids (AKA foxes) we all know the game is still lacking. :P However, this is a great addition in it's own right AND demonstrates that the Devs are able to get the extra writing and artwork necessary to add new familiars without interfering with other additions or fixes to the game. B)

Mmm, I could definitely go for a fox familiar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm kind of new to this game and I really like it. I've played it through a few times and it's just amazing the expanse of the game and dlcs will just make it better but, I have a problem. I can't download ANY of the dlcs, I've tried all the older ones and only had success installing ModBase3.zip and Academagia_Consolidated_Patch_071711.zip(Patch 49).Whenever I click the "here" link it redirects me to a 404 site instead of just instantly giving me a download start. I used Chrome first (my default) then Opera and finally Internet Explorer with all redirecting me to the same 404 site. Can you please help me? Thank you in advance.

The latest patch always includes all the former patches and DLC's. So, Patch 49 has all the former patching, as well as the ten DLC's in it. Because of that, older patches/DLC's are generally removed from the site (I persume to make sure people are downloading the latest, and because they're just a waste of space and bandwidth), so you'll get 404's if you click on them.

If you have 49, you have all the DLC's. :) Just make sure when loading a new game to click on 'DLC 10: Under the Eaves of the Wood' box, and you'll see a ton of new backgrounds just as a start... as well as new adventures and skills and events once you start playing.

• 1 month later...

Oh, now I see. I should know better, having worked in IT for so long, but I assumed the front page was current and didn't check for more recent patches. Apparently, there are more patches since this one. That link worked fine, so no worries. I should know better, but for some reason I just assumed the front page was up to date. Now that I can see that this page in at least two revisions behind, I understand the dead link better.

Archived