Black Chicken Studios Forums

What college and skillset is the best for adventuring?

LaughingHero

Bizarrely, going to lessons is one of the worst ways to learn anything. Learning a skillstep in 2 skills is a fairly mid-range timeslot use, gaining 3 or even 4 is possible. Lessons teach nothing for 2 months, and otherwise at most 1 skill step. Some adventures go up well into the teens of skill-steps. Zoe gives 2 skill steps in 1 skill AND 2 study levels in a chosen subject for her power which kinda smacks lessons out of the park.

Under the current DLC I skip all afternoon classes - a picture of the result is posted somewhere (as an 'omg this dlc is broken' statement not as a boast). Although to be fair that character did well over 100 adventures during Y1.

Thanks! Yeah, I knew about the bug but I thought before it people didn't skip as much due to detentions. So the bugged version is the best version to go on adventures then! :)

By a patently absurd margin, even for Academagia's standards, yes. Mind, DLC 17 is expected to ship with an updated patch that'll fix that bug, so unless you intend to pull crazy shenanigans with trying to run an outdated version of the game, don't get used to it.

Of course on the flip side the updated patch means updated UI, so it won't be all bad :).

Damn... I... just shiver on that. My absolute best is here

15x4dhs.png

I didn't skip classes, but that might be a good showing on the power that class skipping can make.

I'd have a lot more money if I bothered to sell stuff, though.

Without skipping that is pretty awesome Free.

I generally sell stuff twice a year, once around mid-point to identify stuff as a single action and then at the end to get rid of most of it. I tended to work on the assumption that leaving a bunch of illegal magic in the cupboard would be problematic, while carrying it all was a sure way to get into trouble.

I just don't have the timeslots available to do identifying and selling, at least in Y1, especially since in that playthrough I learned Gates And Mastery without any illicit school's help. I personally believe that you don't need items identified to use passive bonuses, as why would you need to know about them in order for the always on magic to affect you? But then some bonuses are mundane and if we don't know, how that should affect you? It's an engine thing and I never bothered to check that.

Edit: reuploaded the image to show relationships.

By a patently absurd margin, even for Academagia's standards, yes. Mind, DLC 17 is expected to ship with an updated patch that'll fix that bug, so unless you intend to pull crazy shenanigans with trying to run an outdated version of the game, don't get used to it.

Of course on the flip side the updated patch means updated UI, so it won't be all bad :).

True, but not everyone has to have DLC 17 installed, so it'll be very easy if you just keep a DLC 16 patch on hand to use with the base game. Also Schwarzbart posted his version of the patch that fixes the bug.

You'll be missing a fair bit of content without DLC 17, though I suppose you might not find it to be essential. For my planned modding purposes, however, I need an updated modbase, and that means either DLC 15 or 17. And as it so happens 16, if not 17, has/will have a few things a few of my students do, in fact, find essential, so...yeah. I'll test if DLC 17 works with the outdated patch, at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived