Black Chicken Studios Forums

And how did you discover Adademagia?

Impet

I didn't even know Impulse existed. :wacko: A friend of mine pointed me to it, and I saw Academagia on a sale on the front page. Browsed through it and it looked too good to be true. Ended up purchasing directly from the developers, though, since I have a personal preference against running games through third-party apps... At any rate, am loving the game, and don't regret for a minute paying the full price for it.

I didn't even know Impulse existed. :P A friend of mine pointed me to it, and I saw Academagia on a sale on the front page. Browsed through it and it looked too good to be true. Ended up purchasing directly from the developers, though, since I have a personal preference against running games through third-party apps... At any rate, am loving the game, and don't regret for a minute paying the full price for it.

Impulse actually doesn't require you to run it through Impulse....unlike Steam (probably the biggest reason why I switched to Impulse a few years back).

• 3 weeks later...

Bought it through Impulse at a shocking discount during their Christmas discount promotion. Bought it again for a family member shortly thereafter at a more realistic price. Now I feel slightly less guilty about how little I paid initially, and I have someone to discuss the game with. :) Unfortunately, neither of us can get anything done now; we are so addicted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/11/schools-out-academagia-demo-released/

And i was only reading there because i was busy trying to find a replacement gaming news site for kotaku after their extremely dire site redesign. :)

Can't comment too much on the game yet, though it definitely has the 'just one more turn' addiction thing that the civ series games do.

I'm slightly ashamed to say that I first discovered this game through looking for games on a pirating website. :) However, I loved it at first play and bought it on Impulse.Clean now. :) Don't do that piracy junk anymore, corrupts the computer. Among other things.

Heh, um, same here :ph34r: . And on 4chan of all places (the /tg/ or Traditional Games Board, though that's like saying I have tubercolosis instead of the Black Plague). Gave it a whirl, got hopelessly addicted, and bought the game soon after. Strange thing is, I don't even like Harry Potter.

• 3 months later...

I read about the game on Rock Paper Shotgun and thought it sounded intriguing. I'd sworn to give up buying games, but when I saw that Beamdog were selling it for under £4 I couldn't resist.

Strange thing is, I don't even like Harry Potter.

Heh, I've never read a word or seen any of the films (even though a friend worked on some of them). But I love Earthsea, and that's what the game made me think of.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Impulse.My smaller brother shares the account with me.

Well,my dad got this and find out it is way out of league for my bro,so he made me play this because he want to makes sure this $200 HKD don't get wasted.Then he goes and get Magical Dairy for my bro.

Luckily this is not an educational game,thanks god.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm slightly ashamed to say that I first discovered this game through looking for games on a pirating website. :) However, I loved it at first play and bought it on Impulse.

Clean now. :) Don't do that piracy junk anymore, corrupts the computer. Among other things.

Same, except I bought it from Gamersgate, home of the blue coin. :lol: