Black Chicken Studios Forums

Big E: Predictions and Opinions

Given the criteria for when ships appear, it is possible that USS Enterprise (CV-6) will appear early in the game, given that she was a Pre-War carrier. She was also the most decorated USN warship in WWII with 20 battle stars and a Presidential Unit Citation, and even an Admiralty Pennant from the Royal Navy in honour of her service.

483px-Uss_enterprise_cv6.jpg

The interesting question is how she might be portrayed in Victory Belles. How her personality might turn out, and how potent she will be as a Belle. She would be one of three American pre-war carriers without a death date, alongside Ranger and Saratoga. Not to mention, the first carrier designated for flying night operations; if Night battle is implemented, she will be very, very helpful.

I think in time, the Morganas will learn to fear the Grey Ghost, the carrier that sank dozens of warships in our history, who for several months became the sole active American fleet carrier in the Pacific.

CV-6_Oct1945.jpg

She was only the sole carrier in the pacific for a couple weeks, I believe from the time when Hornet sank at Santa Cruz to when Saratoga finished her repairs on the damage she had taken in the battle of the Eastern Solomons. While her accomplishments were great and many, I do feel they get played up a lot to sound better than they were.

She was only the sole carrier in the pacific for a couple weeks, I believe from the time when Hornet sank at Santa Cruz to when Saratoga finished her repairs on the damage she had taken in the battle of the Eastern Solomons. While her accomplishments were great and many, I do feel they get played up a lot to sound better than they were.

I have a feeling you would say that for any ship steaming with the Stars and stripes ?. I'm interested to see what BCS will do with her. Just read the Ark Royal interview and like that so far the carriers have a theme. Lexington is a minuteman and Ark Royal is an old Victorian Hunter. Hope they keep this up!

Actually, quite a few don't get enough credit, RockyArby. Salt Lake City doesn't get much correspondence, and William D. Porter. gets a certain amount of negative attention. Destroyer O'Bannon participated in quite a few of the most important engagements in the war, and all she's known for is throwing potatoes at a submarine. I won't deny that a lot of US ships get a hell of a lot more credit than they deserve though.

Actually, quite a few don't get enough credit, RockyArby. Salt Lake City doesn't get much correspondence, and William D. Porter. gets a certain amount of negative attention. Destroyer O'Bannon participated in quite a few of the most important engagements in the war, and all she's known for is throwing potatoes at a submarine. I won't deny that a lot of US ships get a hell of a lot more credit than they deserve though.

fair enough, apologies if it came off as calling you out for bias meant for it to be playful, hard to convey tone over text?

• 1 month later...

this is an interesting question, especially for the personality of E. Will she be the hero, the embodiment of the ship who stood against a nation and won? Will she be the leader, the one who leads her navy to greatness? Will she be a Vengeful ghost, a revenant striving to avenge her sisters? Will she be the Determined warrior, the ship that continued her fight into the depths of the night, and indeed, to the dawn beyond, to get her victory? All of these are things Enterprise could be.

• 6 months later...

this is an interesting question, especially for the personality of E. Will she be the hero, the embodiment of the ship who stood against a nation and won? Will she be the leader, the one who leads her navy to greatness? Will she be a Vengeful ghost, a revenant striving to avenge her sisters? Will she be the Determined warrior, the ship that continued her fight into the depths of the night, and indeed, to the dawn beyond, to get her victory? All of these are things Enterprise could be.

A bitter war vet that was thrown away as soon as it was convenient to do so.

A bitter war vet that was thrown away as soon as it was convenient to do so.

as cool as that would be, I don't believe any of the Belle's personalities will be based off what happened to them at tge end if the war, or else a few of the fascist belles would be singing the praises of the Motherland lol

Archived