Black Chicken Studios Forums

Force quit loading bug.

MegaDissu

This is the part of the forum for reporting bugs, yes? Well, here's one of the more annoying ones I found in the steam version, which happens 1/3 of the time when loading a save, and causes the game to crash.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/valentine.rpy", line 759, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 77, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 598, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/valentine.rpy", line 759, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 728, in execute
statement_name("label")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 41, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined
Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761

All different. I can reload a save multiple times and not have it happen every time, and it seems to have the potential to occur on any save file. It's happened on both the runs I've done so far, though I'm probably exaggerating it's frequency at least a little bit.

We posed the question in the Ren'py forums. If we had to guess, it's due to the astounding number of saves :blink: , but we'll see what comes up.

Question - did the load errors happen from the very beginning when you first played Scheherazade, or more recently, which coincides with the increasing number of saves?

They started after maybe a few days of playing? I can't remember clearly, but the problem became more than just a minor annoyance a bit before Christmas on my first play through. I might be able to go back and see how many saves I had around that time, but it'll probably take a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't think it's the sheer number of saves I have (more than 2000 now), because I was waiting for it to happen in my Roland run so I could send you a save file with the issue, but the error never showed up! Maybe one of the recent updates fixed it? I can still give you one or two of the save files that did have the error if you'd like to double check.

Archived