Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 12: Finals and Ordeals

Legate of Mineta

Marten;

Only one- our content file is always named Content.mdm, so it replaces our old files. Mods will have different names, and appear separate on that Mod screen.

Ah. I see what I did... I was backing the old files up and left the old file behind.

I am good then.

Chalk it up to Vista as so far it looks fine in XP.

Great game btw. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marten;

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!

It's a pity about Vista, though- I wish we had a ready solution. :(

Ya, but not surprising I guess... Vista is as I like to say "quirky".

btw... "Mods will have different names, and appear separate on that Mod screen." So I should be able to see both as seperate items then? This is not the case. The only one I can see is Finals and Ordeals not the Festival one. Sorry if my question/statement from the prior post was confusing.

Marten;

I meant in terms of player created mods- all our mods have the same file name, so they overwrite one another (this is to reduce confusion, and because the latest content always includes the previous.)

Player created mods, since their file name is different, appear separately. Or should. ;)

Okay then its all good :)

Just did not want to get to far in and then find out what I thought was fine was not lol

sam;

There may be differences between x32 and x64, but really there shouldn't be. The import issue from Vista -> 7 may be related to the general problems we've had with .NET and that OS. That's a new avenue of investigation- I think we may schedule time for it.

Thanks!

If you need some help running stuff on 32 v 64 bit, I'll try to help out as much as I can. I've nearly finished another character (much better than the previous ones...amazing what reading these forums can do for you. :-) with no corruption yet. This is all on the Vista 64 laptop.

Does the action "Explore" allow professors to reprimand you for trespassing? I tried exploring a few times with this character, and got caught fairly often. Is the chance of getting reprimanded for trespassing lowered if you have a decreased chance of discovery?

Archived