Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are geasa used as part of a bond system for accused criminals?

2. Are geasa used as punishments for some convicted criminals who are not nobles?

3. Does Academagia teach Oursouki language?

4. Are non-Oursoukis who know the Oursouki language with no clear job-related reason (diplomacy, espionage, etc.) regarded with suspicion?

Fair enough; mayors of the palace only became extremely powerful in Merovingian France and possibly in pre-Christian Poland, so it is entirely plausible for the Empire of Man's Majordomo to be comparatively insignificant.

Would it be appropriate for me to ask questions about illegitimate births in this thread?

This is a really psycho question and I know that asking it is going to reveal my low moral character.

BUT.

Is there a way to inspect a saved game to determine which classes on which days grant skill steps? I've been trying to work it out by hand on the character I've got going for maximum munchkining but it starts to get tricky when classes teach non-class skills and when the skills have multiple steps required to level them, and it would be a lot easier if one of the mod tools let you see that or something.

Each class has a list of pre-determined skills which it will hand out a skill step for on a particular day, with a variance of +/- 3 days, ignoring weekends and holidays. Those lists you can find in the mod tools. Variance, mind, is determined on character creation. If a student is taught Orthography on a particular day that student will always be taught that point of Orthography on that particular day, but a different student could get it taught up to 6 school days earlier or later.

As far as save file shenanigans are concerned, I'm guessing more than likely no. It makes more sense to save just the static seed and calculate when steps are taught when needed than it would be to save 17 tables worth of variances and look up the results when needed. I think.

Incidentally, if you're going to try the old "save, check what classes teach, reload if necessary" routine, keep in mind that the end of day rapport will only mention skill steps that got taught that lead to a skill level increase. Steps for skills that need multiple skill steps can fly under the radar.

@Legate of Mineta: 2 quick questions about Avila College.

1. Is there any tradition of linking women and astrology? Has this ever been tainted with misogyny [akin to the phrases "weak as women's magic/wicked as women's magic"] from A Wizard of Earthsea?

2. Have there been any efforts to eliminate Avila's motto after the revolt in Pievre?

And one question about fauna.

3. The lore says that whales are mythical/legendary creatures in the Empire of Man. Are there any mystical traditions that see whales as opposites of dragons and divine protectors? Dragons are giant flying scaly creatures that expel fire and attack from the sky, after all, and whales can be reduced to the level of giant swimming smooth skinned creatures that expel water and attack from the water.

Some questions with high chance of a redacted answer but still have to ask them if just that the team can put some thoughts on them ^^

1) Is one of the dangers of dimensional travel to get into a instable or even collapsing dimension?

2) how managed the team finish writing adventures, events and items when the skill and class lists are not final? (at last how adventure / events worked in year 1 its quite problematic to not know if a skill for a exit will make it or not that is why I refrain from writing anything that go past the summer holiday because I don't know what will be added)  

3) Is Y2 already in some kind of playable status where "only" the text heavy parts like adventures, event , description and lores are missing?

S;

1) It's theorized that some of the disappearances in planar travel may have come from this very thing, but...who can say for certain...? :)

2) As you know from exploring the Mod Tools...sometimes, the writing has to change. It's a risk, but...

3) It's in a playable status, but various pieces do not work as they should, or only work partially.