Black Chicken Studios Forums

Get a system error when trying to start game. [resolved]

Futabutt Sakura

I know this is an older PC, but it should be able to run this game. I get a system error when trying to start the game up.

Is there a crash log anywhere to post? I also posted on the Steam forums too.

Edit: I am using Windows 10 Home Edition.

Edit 2: I got it working by deleting the cache, the GCC folder, and just sitting on the loading screen when selecting a mod for like..2-3 minutes or longer. Huh, weird. If I gotta clear my cache everytime, then so be it?

That...that is the empty cache crash bug. Why is that still a thing that exists? Legate!

EDIT: As for trying to fix it, try this: Find the C:\ProgramData\Academagia\Cache_V3 folder and delete it. Completely. It and everything in it, delete it. What I think happened here is that the game generated an incomplete cache and is now unable to load it because...well, it's incomplete.

True, the important thing is that the evidently broken Cache_V3 folder in that same location dies. Also, question, how much are you able to do with the game? When does it crash exactly, that sort of stuff?

I am able to choose which mod I want and it system errors if i tick or untick the mod. So, not even at char creation yet or in the game itself.

Good. Incidentally:

Edit 2: I got it working by deleting the cache, the GCC folder, and just sitting on the loading screen when selecting a mod for like..2-3 minutes or longer. Huh, weird. If I gotta clear my cache everytime, then so be it?

DLC 17 taking 2-3 minutes or so to load up the first time is perfectly normal, actually, especially on order PCs. That's what the cache is for, in fact, to make sure it doesn't take so long every single time. Save files also rely on a cache, not just starting a new game.

As for deleting it, only do so when an update rolls out and outdates the cache you have. Might not be strictly necessary, but it's a good precaution. Or if it's broken, but that's more a special case. Hopefully.

Archived