Black Chicken Studios Forums

I did it!

freespace2dotcom

Ah yes, the "legal" Mastery alternative of Calligraphy. Personally never made much sense to me, so I don't use it. Obviously very powerful, but still...

I also find it curious you have any money issues (not that we have a final figure what that library would cost), usually I have money piling up uselessly.

I tend to play meta with a very specific list of things to "achieve" in Y1, so that limits what I can achieve in terms of stats and adventures, but insures I have my things in order for Y2.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here's the result of my experiment in breaking the game.

My little Negation-Revision soon to be Artifice genius:

5qWLHP0.png

Overall I am a little disapointed I was sure I could punch the skills higher than that :P . But I am sure if you really focus on a single skill you can have all of the subskill at 20+ by the end of year 1. (except Astrology of course because it's bad!)

I still focused on having the most optimal run I could have with high attribute,fully trained familiar (with negation 8 !) and high skills all around.

But anyway an interesting run if exauhsting. :P

What kinda attributes?

I wonder which is more important for Y2, high attributes or skills at 17 or so? Personally I don't try to force the skills through research yet, although I hear it's mandatory for Y2, but I tend to prioritize attributes. All attributes min 10 and that's without emotion or item buffs.

Not that high. Can't do everything at once :P :

PLsWDP3.png

But I was trying to find a strategy to have the highest skill cap before Y2 taking into consideration that the Legate said that attribute are gonna matter far less for Y2 most importantly for skill gain they are only used for Y1 skills (which still makes them kinda usefull) and I am not sure if it was confirmed that they were to be used with Y2 spells.

Plus since you can already gain a ton of them trough research/skill at 11 I thought that it was not necessary to have them very high as you will probably get a ton of them in Y2 anyway since research is supposedly very important there and getting a skill at 11 should be far easier.

Plus the Legate already confirmed that y1 abilities/action are not good (useless?) to raise skills between 12-21 so I wanted to try to see if you can do it in year 1 altough it's with the strategy I followed it's still very time consuming.

Attributes as far as skill gain is concerned reach their peak fairly quick anyway. Their main value in Y1 is in adventures, but who knows how adventuring works in Y2. I hope spellcasting features more prominently in Y2, which it logically should.

Yeah, I don't raise skills beyond their "natural" level, because the time cost quickly turns extreme and there's a maximum level which can't be surpassed in Y1. Also the gain is much smaller than raising attributes.

Also, I'm spying 'Create Formal Invitation' ability on that screenshot: another falls for the sweet tempation of 'fake' Mastery :P.

Well I am not especially fond of it but I had to use to see  if I could this run was doable at all actually. Thanks Shwarzbart-sama for his tactics. Now if you can find me a way to raise instructos relations faster I would love yu.

And what do you mean maximum level ? Because you can raise it through favor. There's no theoritical limit to it but time itself.

VjULm2N.png

As you can see here 14 is definetly not normal in y1 :P .

The main problem is that you have to raise 5 skills and the most efficient way I found to do it cost at least 4.2 action per skill level so to reach 21 (the max of year 2) you need to sacrifice 210 actions which is a loot. :(

But yeah beyond 11 you don't gain anything (yet).

I meant in general. For some skills you can use favors, that's true, but not all skills have those and some skills also lack boosts from research thus capping progress.

I don't think there is a repeatable way of raising relationship with instructor faster than 3 per action. So 'Weasel Words', which you're already using is one of the best. ;)

In year 1 you only gain ability, action, locations, lore etc. till skill level 11 (with 1 or 2 exceptions) past this just the number increase. Although the Legate mentioned that we will get the rewards for actual (sub)skill level past 11 with the import tool of year 2, I personal wouldn't bet on this. But if the import tool don't fix this then rushing your skills past 11 in year 1 would actual a very bad idea because your end worse then everyone else in year 2.

I don't see any real benefit to raising your skills past 11 in Y1. Not only do you not have much real benefit for specializing in one skill so far, but surely Y2 will have more effective tools for raising skills to 20+

Even raising skills from 10 to 11 is pretty timeslot intensive in Y1.

Archived