Black Chicken Studios Forums

So what's new in DLC 17 - The First Touch of Summer?

Grue

See title :).

I haven't seen it posted in any organized detail anywhere but given the DLC title I'm curious if it extends out the Year One calendar or something (granted I forget the cutoff for Year 2...Kaliri 28?)?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The calender's the same, and yes, the final day of Y1 is Kaliri 28 (or 27 given that 28 is slated to be retconned in Y2). Beyond that I'm...not sure how much I can/should go into detail as to the new adventures and stuff. Never did get a list of the new event requirements come to think of it...

I've noticed 2 or 3 random events I haven't seen before (and I have read most of the ones in the mod base, so..)

Quest wise? I'm seeing some new ones!

Time to Be Counted - Arithmetic quest

Welcome to the Club - Bookworm club about sorting books?

Zorzi's Note - I think this is a athletic class quest that doesn't require being in Godina, since I have no points with Zorzi and am in Avila.

Cosetta's Conspiracy - Avila quest

The Special Collections - No idea! I haven't tried it yet

The Quest for the Tipsy Fairy - Avila quest!

I've noticed 2 or 3 random events I haven't seen before (and I have read most of the ones in the mod base, so..)

Quest wise? I'm seeing some new ones!

Time to Be Counted - Arithmetic quest

Welcome to the Club - Bookworm club about sorting books?

Zorzi's Note - I think this is a athletic class quest that doesn't require being in Godina, since I have no points with Zorzi and am in Avila.

Cosetta's Conspiracy - Avila quest

The Special Collections - No idea! I haven't tried it yet

The Quest for the Tipsy Fairy - Avila quest!

Cool. I'm an adventure completionist so I'll probably do another run after they get the clique bug sorted out.

I'm pretty sure the 'Three Suns' background is new. Given we'd had a pretty solid understanding of the solar system up til now, I'm assuming the extra suns are tied to some magic or other rather than physical. :)

Well the requirement seems to be that you have to be a page. I wonder if the other backgrounds provide new adventures.

I've still got the Team's list of new adventures and their unlocking requirements from the Beta stage. I won't post the entire thing yet (unless the Legate okays it), though I will confirm the two adventures that are time-specific, since those could otherwise be permanently missed and no one wants to worry about missing a great new adventure. They are:

1. Glorious Crawl, I.E. The Snappy Baguette. Only available on Kaliri 7. Yes, just that one, singular day. No other prerequisites.
  2. [Redacted], I.E. Zorzi's Note. Only available from Athonos 7 to Pramidi 7. Once again, no other prerequisites.

There's other adventures that only unlock after a certain date, but those two are the only ones you can miss permanently due to not activating them. So, you've been warned.

I'm pretty sure the 'Three Suns' background is new. Given we'd had a pretty solid understanding of the solar system up til now, I'm assuming the extra suns are tied to some magic or other rather than physical. :)

That made it-how'd I miss that one every single time?

...I mean other than my single-minded crusade for adventure typos? Only a decent portion of which were mine...

I've memorized where the important backgrounds (read: Attribute points) are so much that I can pretty much set up a standard game in under a minute. Very much waiting for the new mod base so I can finally try my hand and modding the daylights out of how early game attributes work.

Oh no. I got the worst random event, Amanda Kiffer, Olivia Solari, and Sima Venesico are competing for the fairest of them all. Cyrus! You know not what you done.

Props to the writer.

Metis;

Let's give them a bit to discover them, and then we can post it. :)

Done and done :).

Oh no. I got the worst random event, Amanda Kiffer, Olivia Solari, and Sima Venesico are competing for the fairest of them all. Cyrus! You know not what you done.

Props to the writer.

Oh, I've seen that one before. During the Beta ;). Aesthetics failure is the best outcome IIRC.

Archived