Black Chicken Studios Forums

Cheat file

daniyahh

Hey everyone,

I've made a cheat file for use in my subsequent playthroughs now that I've beaten the game several times. Plus my bf kept failing at the obstacles and was getting mighty frustrated so... this one's for you! XD

I'd like permission to post the file here, otherwise I guess people can pm me and I guess I can email the file ^^

edit- since I got permission, have fun! Drop the file into your Scheherazade\game folder. You must start a new game for this to work I believe. Basically what it does is add +90 general skills to all inspirations; obviously this makes the game ridiculously easy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So after playing through the game 3 or 4 times already since I bought this on Tuesday, was really happy seeing someone made a cheat file for a bit easier replay time. Unfortunately, after hitting the download button, it takes me to a black web page. I don't know if it's my fault or the website's. No biggie if I can download it, just would make it a bit easier on multiple playthroughs. Oh, and already looking forward to 1932! Love this game to bits and pieces! <3

• 5 weeks later...

So, a biiit late for the party, but what the heck!

Is there any way to edit the file, so to add a lesser amount? Say, a +20 rather than +90? This way you could skip the frustrating early adventures, and still have a challenge later in the game.

Tried googling this, but it's one of those things that falls into the noob catch-22 (if one wants to speak with hackers, one must be a hacker).

• 1 year later...

Even as someone who never used a real cheat mod at Academagia I think I need this cheat mod here. At latest in Egypt the game get do difficult for me even in easy.

Edit: I just saw that the original inspirations.rpyc was changed at the 13.01.2015 so can someone confirm that the cheat mod still works fine?

• 1 month later...

Searched around a bit more (feeling a little foolish) and saw where to place it. But when I tried to use an Inspiration this error appeared:

TypeError: add_stat_value_to_all () takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Does anyone know if this is fixable or if Ren'Py is the problem?

Searched around a bit more (feeling a little foolish) and saw where to place it. But when I tried to use an Inspiration this error appeared:

TypeError: add_stat_value_to_all () takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Does anyone know if this is fixable or if Ren'Py is the problem?

When you installed the update did you uninstall the old game and delete the ren'py? I had problems also, before I got rid of everything.

I included instructions to where to place the cheat file with it. I hope that helps.

I bought Scheherazade yesterday and had downloaded the Desura demo the day before. Version 1.1 is the update you're speaking of, yes?

The 1.1 version actually wouldn't work at first, saying the MSVCR120.dll was missing from my computer, but once I extracted the 1.0.3.0 patch it launched fine. (That patch was required for the update, right?)

In case you meant the demo, I just uninstalled it and followed your directions again and deleted the Scheherazade folder in the ren'py folder, but the error keeps appearing when I try to use an Inspiration. This is the full renpy traceback:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "game/tutorial.rpy", line 2055, in script

File "game/tutorial.rpy", line 2071, in <module>

File "game/obstacle.rpy", line 125, in display

File "game/obstacle.rpy", line 185, in apply_inspire

TypeError: add_stat_value_to_all() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

--Full Traceback--

Full Traceback:

File "game/tutorial.rpy", line 2055, in script

File "C:/Program Files (x86)/Scheherazade/renpy/ast.py", line 785, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self. code. bytecode, self. hide, store=self.store)

File "C:/Program Files (x86)/Scheherazade/renpy/python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode

exec bytecode in globals, locals

File "game/tutorial.rpy", line 2071, in <module>

File "game/obstacle.rpy", line 125, in display

File "game/obstacle.rpy", line 185, in apply_inspire

TypeError: add_stat_value_to_all() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Windows - 7 - 6.1. 7601-SP1

Ren'Py 6. 18. 3. 761

When you say delete the renpy, do you mean only the one with the saves, because I have other games in that renpy folder so I can't delete the whole folder. Also, I found the ast.py and python.py files in the renpy folder inside the Scheherazade/Game folder. Should I delete those two files and the problem will be fixed, or should I delete the whole renpy folder?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm really looking forward to playing Scheherazade, but I must admit I'm pretty sure it'll be particularly difficult without this cheat file :blush:

No you should not need to delete everything. I believe there is a Scheherazade folder in the ren'py, that should do it, but I would completely uninstall the game and demo as well. Give it all a fresh new install. Don't forget the patches etc. Hopefully that should work. If not maybe one of the technical support staff for the game here can help you. Send a message to Legate of Mineta if he does not notice your problem.

All the world's a game and I am merely a player.

I actually just made a troubling discovery. The game's not working for me at all.

I uninstalled Scheherazade, uninstalled Desura in case that was the problem, deleted the Scheherazade folder in the Renpy folder, and re-installed and re-patched Scheherazade. But it still wouldn't work, so I figured I'd just try to play it without the cheat file and, oddly, the same error appeared. And I can't ignore it because every time I do, the Inspiration card screen won't go away and all I can see are the words and nothing else. I also can't quit the game when that happens, and I have to manually escape and close it.

Another thing I noticed is that when I first download Scheherazade and it tells me the MSVCR120.dll is missing, the version isn't listed. Then after I patch it, it says Version 1.0.3.0. Isn't it supposed to say Version 1.1.0.0, or does it say that because the patch is from Version 1.0.3.0?

Is there possibly something wrong with the link BMT gave me? Could they have given me a link for an older version of Scheherazade? Should I have bought it from Desura?

I've uninstalled and re-installed Scheherazade over five times now and the error keeps appearing, and I don't know what else to do.

Edit

I started a new topic for this issue in the Support forum.

Inspiration Error Stops Game from Progressing

• 1 month later...