Black Chicken Studios Forums

First game in about a year. How'd I do?

Leon Cross

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually keep 2-3 level 10 relationship with the Professor/Regent for exact the reason that I suspect the favor in year 2 are better, I might need some skill at a higher level fast and also to be able to switch college. Anything beyond that might turn out to be wasted love as relationship drop during summer break and there is only so many time slot left before having to go home at the start of year 2.

Avoiding mods. I can't really measure myself against criteria when I'm able to freely shift the where I'm standing, the weight of the ball, where the goal posts sit, etc.

So I just stick with the goal posts (IE, what do I want to accomplish this game?)

Anyone know off hand how to nab pure luck 11? Not on the wiki, and the spell might be useful for a few things.

Fair enough, though I personally intent to do some major modding. Y1...has issues that I'd like to correct, but for that I'm absolutely going to need an updated mod base.

There's three ways to possibly raise a skill max - Research, Favor and other skills. If none of those are available, you physically can't expand a skill's maximum in Y1, since as far as I know there's no "expand random skill max" function available anywhere. Well, unless you mod one in, which is how I figured out Sync's rank 11 unlocks, but...yeah.

Pure luck 11 is a research one. The location you need to research is Callo's Tavern, which is sadly pretty hard to find (somewhat oddly, you're much more likely to find the space behind the bar inside the tavern, while remaining blissfully unaware of the space between that and the door, I guess). I guess it would be down to Pure Luck, ho ho.

I think you skip straight to Hall Sessions, which either you mechanically cannot skip or practically cannot skip because it'll send you straight to the Praetexta Court. Also IIRC if you take a Detention for skipping your skipping CoD immediately resets to 0, and if so you could theoretically manipulate 2 detentions for skipping/month so as to avoid any hall sessions. Getting detention for skipping goes onto your Y2 record, though.

...At least, I think. But hey, you can test it.

Experience so far:

Sometime during the... beginning of the 3rd month, I think, I got a suspension after them continuing to try to get me to go to detentions.

This forced me to do nothing but sleep, class, detention, and hall sessions for about 2 weeks.

After which, I returned to skipping all of my classes and detentions.

I just finished up my mid term exams. Despite every skipped detention giving me exponentially more reprimands (I think I got between 2-300 for the last one? Hard to count that many red lines of text) and skipping every hall study now that I'm free to, there have been no more suspensions. I have yet to be sent to court or get expelled.

I'm unsure if the coding is working properly for punishments. At this rate, I'm going to finish the year with one suspension and hundreds of thousands of reprimands.

Oh yeah, that bug where you'd get reprimanded 10+ times for skipping detention you got on the same day you got reprimanded, meaning you never had a chance to attend that detention in the first place. Can't believe I forgot about that one.

Oh, and eh, yeah. It's fair to say that the mechanics there are completely messed up. No idea if DLC 17 will fix it, though (at least the Team has time to look at it...).

I think the current (bugged) version allow to reduce the chance to get detention for skip class if you didn't skip for at last 2 week what means you just have to avoid to skip morning class for 2 week. Also having high relationship with the Professor, Regent and the Legate should help avoid get detention.

Update on my no (Willing) classes / detention / hall run: I was expelled.

Not my character, mind you. Outside of that initial suspension, things never escalated or even hit suspension again.

Instead, the reprimands hit such a critical mass that my game became unable to load the turn report and now crashes every time I boot it up to try.

Lulz. ^_^

He mentioned that they've already fixed the detention overflow, which is almost certainly what's caused it. Two turns before that, I had so many notices that a solid 3 minutes of scrolling didn't reach the end of them. One turn ago, there was noticeable lag before the report came up. This final turn, it just locked up.

Archived