Black Chicken Studios Forums

Newbie questions

musical74

Doesn't Botany still have exclusive dibs on "A Mundane Mushroom"? Not the most thrilling of adventures, but it's there. History has two (though one is very short and only on Academagia Christmas). Astrology has three adventures, all of which are pretty cool. That being said, two of them seem to have virtually nothing to do with astrology at all.

Maybe. I mean I know where to find Study the Fields so it's not like I ever pick Botany (Durand students excluded). I do recall there being a second way to get the Negation Wand adventure going, but...never did that either, since if I care so much about Negation I'm in Durand, meaning I'm in Botany anyway, so...

As others have said, the 'best' things to do depend on the sort of game you want and the sort of character you want to be.

I generally start by learning the research skills, then use the library of longshade to branch out as I build up my characters skill in the befriend skills.

I go for friendship with Zoe Melis asap, Vincent Eins if possible (more random events), and Ana Flavia Besia (boosts magical theory, so gives you incantation theory if you don't have it which gives you an awesome location for 900 pims and makes incantation class redundant).

I rarely if ever both taking negation as a class or training negation skills as I use it so much in adventures and REs that it tops out early anyway.

I mainline adventures, as noted running out is almost impossible, I've ended a playthrough with only half a dozen adventures on the board, but others had yet to be unlocked.

For me the crucial thing is not to start with an ability score of 1 (it cripples learning), and get some skill boosts to attributes asap (compete - planning 3, ambush- danger sense 4, war 2, acrobatics 3

For the current DLC, half your classes (the afternoon ones) don't teach anything, fortunately this is because the professors don't turn up as you can skip them without being noticed which lets you do far more educational things. It seems to be random which classes you get in the morning or afternoon.

But the Legate also mentioned that selling illegal items in year 1 can come back and hurt us in the next years. At last if sold to the wrong merchant.

:(

oh. that isn't good news, sure I sell in Garibaldi's (and the goblin market once) which isn't the worst place I suspect, but some of the stuff I've sold him (talking books and whatnot) are possibly going to raise even his eyebrows.

I guess I'll have to do another playthrough...

Archived