Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 16 Fan Patch

Schwarzbart

Don't use this mod as it sadly break the game!​

Metis and I build a Fan Patch as we still don't hear any release date and there are some things broken in DLC 16.

Version 1.1 is out download it here:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/bb4j66vs2zoniu3/DLC 16 Bug Fix v1.1.zip?dl=0

Changelog Version 1.1

Abilities:
Banquet:
-Removed the roll requirement (the action is unlocked by Cooking 11. If you can't cook with Cooking 11...)
-Changed effect to +2 relationship between two random Clique members (including PC) ×4

Discern Unspoken Whispers:
-Changed Description
-Removed broken function that attempted to Expand the PC's Gates parent skill by 1 skill level

Extreme Humiliation:
-Changed description
-Added Hostile action type
-Actually made the target suffer Humiliation emotion
-Removed the player suffering Humiliation emotion and permanent damage to skill levels

Overwhelming Evidence:
-Fixed Shown Up always applying to the user

Prank Enemy:
-Changed description
-Replaced the (non-functional) Conduct Reprimand with +2 Stress
-Removed straight effects that shouldn't even happen if the roll isn't passed

Study:
-Added +1 SS to random known skill (since these days you start with Study at the Venalicium Library, Study itself is otherwise useless)
-Updated description to match current function

Tattle:
-Changed description
-Changed from active to passive Ability
-Changed effect to give +2 increase to all Blackmail Subskills
-Removed 50% Success Chance
-Removed Hostile action type

Backgrounds:
Familiar Bond: Strange Doll:
-Fixed the name of the background
-Added to the description

Favor/Reference Tables:
Exotic Familiars
-Removed Silent Alice (since she has her own background now)

Rieulle Castellain (Favor Table 5):
-Fixed the -5 Stress entry to actually lower stress, rather than raise it

Items:
Fish Bone Needle:
-Changed type to Hand

Letter from Gera 1-addendum:
-Changed rarity to Uncommon so that Locally Notable can't hand out extra copies

Perspective Powder:
-Changed description so as to note that the item is illegal

Scissors:
-Changed type to Hand

Locations:
The Venalicium Library: Forbidden Archives (Location):
-Changed description to more accurately reflect the location's actual Chance of Detection

Skills:
Amphibians:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Biology Skill Max

Bluff:
-Changed rank 8 perk to the Avoidance Pheme

Conversation:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flattery Skill Maximum (sorry, but +1 Listen SL for Familiar is garbage for a rank 11 perk)

Demi-Tour:
-Changed rank 6 perk to Flight Pheme
-Changed rank 10 perk to +1 Traps Skill Maximum

Duel:
-Changed rank 1 perk to Defensive Pheme

Etiquette:
-Switched rank 3 and rank 8 perks (rank 3 is now +2 to random professor relationship, rank 8 is now +1 random relationship Max)
-Fixed the old rank 8 perk so that it actually works properly

Filing:
-Changed rank 6 perk to information on the Library at Lunn Replica location

Fish:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Swimming Skill Max

Insects:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flower Skill Max

Interrogation:
-Changed rank 2 perk to information on the Malporin Library (the Control Pheme opens up Gates Phemes/Spells, and those shouldn't be so easy to get)

Greengrocery:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Recipes Skill Max (otherwise you could be locked out of Cooking 11)

Jeweler:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Finesse (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

Manipulation:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flattery Skill Max, as all other Beguile skills have other ways of getting +1 skill max

Observation:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Intelligence (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

Planning:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Insight (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

School Survival:
-Changed rank 9 perk to Intelligence Pheme

Spells:
Gift:
-Changed from Beneficial to Hostile action type

The Force of Duty:
-Changed from Beneficial to Hostile action type (as much as it might help Joana to study she's won't appreciate being forced to do so)
-Fixed the spell so that it'll only work if you actually pass the roll

Version 1.0 Changelog (and download if you only want to have this fixes)

Version 1.0 with the following fix can get here:
https://mega.nz/#!YodFTaAS!JpC36iiv6ljGBzaOQj4sqYet_XG0miWEsiCuzHPUUl4

Skill Conversation 11 give Familiar Listen instead of skill of choice

Ability Study Wooden Stick broken give replaced with add (thanks to Metis pointing out how to fix it)

Background Prodigy Incantation Replace the Incantation Methods increase with one for Incantation Theory so that the maximum increase works.

Familiar Strange Doll is its own Background instead of a Exotic Familiar

Item Fading Ink, Blotter is now type Miscellanea so it can be used

Item Essence of Unluck is now Food so it can be used

Item Milky Chip, Red Chip, Transparent Chip, Warm Chip changed to Jewel as Chip have no item slot.

Item Baking Spatula (Enchanted) is now type Hand

Well, worst comes to worst I suppose you could just dump the files on filedropper for a 'sec. It won't last, but it should last at least a day or so, long enough for me to grab it.

Does that above download contain the code or just the published mod, BTW? If the former I could try using other devises in case it's on my end (the very, very few that I have).

Yeah, understandable. You probably want them to be separate downloads anyway, because not everyone will want the mod file and no one wants to download and extra ~160-350mb worth of unwanted data, depending on whether you compress it. Even so, throw the mod file somewhere and I'll be able to get to add my own fixes to it. I'll be going to bed in a two hours max and won't wake up for another eight at bare minimum anyway, so you've got plenty of time.

Change log of what I've done so far:

Abilities:
Banquet:
-Removed the roll requirement (the action is unlocked by Cooking 11. If you can't cook with Cooking 11...)
-Changed effect to +2 relationship between two random Clique members (including PC) ×4

Discern Unspoken Whispers:
-Changed Description
-Removed broken function that attempted to Expand the PC's Gates parent skill by 1 skill level

Extreme Humiliation:
-Changed description
-Added Hostile action type
-Actually made the target suffer Humiliation emotion
-Removed the player suffering Humiliation emotion and permanent damage to skill levels

Overwhelming Evidence:
-Fixed Shown Up always applying to the user

Prank Enemy:
-Changed description
-Replaced the (non-functional) Conduct Reprimand with +2 Stress
-Removed straight effects that shouldn't even happen if the roll isn't passed

Study:
-Added +1 SS to random known skill (since these days you start with Study at the Venalicium Library, Study itself is otherwise useless)

Tattle:
-Changed description
-Changed from active to passive Ability
-Changed effect to give +2 increase to all Blackmail Subskills
-Removed 50% Success Chance
-Removed Hostile action type

Backgrounds:
Familiar Bond: Strange Doll:
-Fixed the name of the background
-Added to the description

Favor/Reference Tables:

Exotic Familiars

-Removed Silent Alice (since she has her own background now)

Rieulle Castellain (Favor Table 5):
-Fixed the -5 Stress entry to actually lower stress, rather than raise it

Items:
Fish Bone Needle:
-Changed type to Hand

Letter from Gera 1-addendum:
-Changed rarity to Uncommon so that Locally Notable can't hand out extra copies

Perspective Powder:
-Changed description so as to note that the item is illegal

Scissors:
-Changed type to Hand

Locations:
The Venalicium Library: Forbidden Archives (Location):
-Changed description to more accurately reflect the location's actual Chance of Detection

Skills:
Amphibians:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Biology Skill Max

Bluff:
-Changed rank 8 perk to the Avoidance Pheme

Conversation:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flattery Skill Maximum (sorry, but +1 Listen SL for Familiar is garbage for a rank 11 perk)

Demi-Tour:
-Changed rank 6 perk to Flight Pheme
-Changed rank 10 perk to +1 Traps Skill Maximum

Duel:
-Changed rank 1 perk to Defensive Pheme

Etiquette:
-Switched rank 3 and rank 8 perks (rank 3 is now +2 to random professor relationship, rank 8 is now +1 random relationship Max)
-Fixed the old rank 8 perk so that it actually works properly

Filing:
-Changed rank 6 perk to information on the Library at Lunn Replica location

Fish:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Swimming Skill Max

Insects:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flower Skill Max

Interrogation:
-Changed rank 2 perk to information on the Malporin Library (the Control Pheme opens up Gates Phemes/Spells, and those shouldn't be so easy to get)

Greengrocery:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Recipes Skill Max (otherwise you could be locked out of Cooking 11)

Jeweler:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Finesse (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

Manipulation:
-Changed rank 11 perk to +1 Flattery Skill Max, as all other Beguile skills have other ways of getting +1 skill max

Observation:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Intelligence (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

Planning:
-Changed skill description to note the dominant attribute as Insight (which isn't actually true in 1.0.0, but is in DLC 15 and up)

School Survival:
-Changed rank 9 perk to Intelligence Pheme

Spells:
Gift:
-Changed from Beneficial to Hostile action type

The Force of Duty:
-Changed from Beneficial to Hostile action type (as much as it might help Joana to study she's won't appreciate being forced to do so)
-Fixed the spell so that it'll only work if you actually pass the roll

If anyone has any more ideas, I'm willing to listen. I think I might publish my changes tomorrow and throw up a download link then, to give people a chance to recommend additional changes and to give me a chance to wake up early and have my PC do half the publishing work while I just nap the hours away. In the meantime I'll be trying to think of more things myself, and if so I'll edit the post accordingly, but beyond that I think that's the bulk of my contribution.

EDIT 1: Updated change log (Banquet, Bluff and Greengrocer, for those curious).

EDIT 2: Updated - changes made to Overwhelming Evidence action, Study action, and Exotic Familiar reference table.

EDIT 3: Updated - changes made to several skills

That's a possibility and an unfortunate limitation of the mod tools. Basically, we can't correctly forbid the other Familiar backgrounds when you pick the Strange Doll one (or vice versa), so people using this patch will have to remember that and not pick two Familiar backgrounds - they don't work together anyway, so there's no reason to.

If you're curious as to why the Strange Doll was given a background and taken off the Exotic list when it clearly presents this problem, BTW, it has to do with the Strange Doll's intro adventure and Exchange Familiar...though Schwarzbart should have the details...

Yes Its sadly something we can't prevent that why the warning in the doll familiar to not do it!

The problem is that if you get the Strange Doll from Exchange Familiar you never can start the Bound Adventure line for it and that is the reason the Strange Doll was removed from the random list and got its own background.

I know its not the best way to do it this way given our limitations but the alternative for us would to only disable the doll so it can't be gained at all what would be really sad.

Study:

Now abilities like The Venelicium Library: Study Cubicle 65 or Study at Tertoliod's Observatory becomes complete useless. So far they where interesting once Study at the Venalicium Library no longer could increase Research skills but now Study is in all cases superior to them.

Edit: for next version Enchanted Horn should be changed from Hand to Music Instrument

The Enchanted Horn isn't in the 1.0.0 .amo, so that can't be changed unfortunately.

As for the two abilities mentioned, they're not entirely useless. Study now gives +1 to a random known skill, which could be anything from Brute Strength to Mastery Methods, if you have the latter informed. Study Cubicle 65 and Tertoliod's Observatory expand either a set or very narrow set of skills, so if you want to study those you're better off skipping the basic Study action.

The actual useless ability is Study in Ballos's Specialized Studies Center, which beyond being tied to the Blackmail research location is a carbon copy of the Venalicium (which means that if one is useless, so is the other). I'd have changed that, have the location be revealed by Cartography 1 and even added a "Tour the 'city' of Ballos" ability that would inform you of all the relevant locations there so they'd all be easy to access, but all of those location and their respective ability changed significantly over the course of 1.0.0 to DLC 16 (well, 15, mod base and all), so I wasn't entirely sure what I could change, what I should change and how. I am still mulling over how to make those locations interesting, accessible and useful, but right now I'm just waiting for confirmation that the changes I've made so far actually work.

Yeah, that is a problem, and I'll admit that I don't get the point of Tertoliod's Observatory considering, you know, the Mantle of Stars (especially when you have to be enrolled in Astrology class to fully abuse it). Let's see...I can change Study Cubicle #65 to hand out Music Theory instead, since Music class doesn't teach that skill, which would at least be something (matter a fact I just did). As for Tertoliod's Observatory...eh...I got nothing so far.

As for study not being bound to a location, I don't really have a problem with it. There's very few locations with appreciable effects and even fewer opportunities to use them, so having a chance to use the places you've found is a good thing. If you're fine with the Chance of Detection, anyway.

True, however it's more than likely that anyone enrolled in Astrology is also enrolled in Geometry, in which case that's also a class skill. At least everyone in Avila will be. Still, I suppose something that's situationally useful is still better than something that's not useful. I'll add that.

...Actually, scratch that first part. Baldassare Monetario is a lazy, lazy professor that doesn't teach Astronomy. Okay, that'll be done and made rather useful for Astrology students. One thing, though - the Tertoliod's Observatory Location is Planets 9, and by that time you've likely studied for that class already. Should I switch two skill perks so that the location comes earlier or just leave people to either rush Planets or Explore if they want the location?

Actually, change log for 1.2 so far:

Abilities/Actions:
Study at Tertoliod's Observatory:
-Changed +1 random Astrology SS to +1 Astronomy SS

The Venalicium Library: Study Cubicle 65:
-Changed +1 Notation SS to +1 Music Theory SS (since Music class doesn't actually teach the latter)
-Changed description to match current function

Locations:
Godina Park: Icanyke’s Statue:
-Updated description to match it's tied ability's effect

Tertoliod's Observatory:
-Updated description to match it's tied abilities' effects

The Venalicium Library: Study Cubicle #65:
-Updated description to match it's tied ability's effect

Forgot to update Icanyke's Statue location in the 1.1 version. Silly of me, I know. Also, comments on switching Planets 9 with an earlier perk?

EDIT: Looking into Ballos' Specialized Studies Center, I've come to realize that the location's relevant ability wasn't just changed, but also renamed (or replaced, I'm not sure). As such I have no idea if I can even change it without having bizarre stuff happen. The same is true for pretty much all other of Ballos' locations. A great shame, because I was hoping to make them all placed to increase Study Levels of various sorts, so as to plug the fact that Study in the Venalicium Library is pretty much the end-all point for any and all studying. Well, unless you befriend Zoe, at any rate.

...Unless you befriend Zoe? Does rebalancing Clique abilities count as bugfixes, actually? I mean I wouldn't nerf Zoe's Clique ability or stuff like that, but people like Zorzi's could use a buff, right? I mean his is not functionally useless like Tacito's is in the base game, but his is close enough to functionally useless, right?

About the Incantors' Workshop should probably move up to theory 3 while the Theory of Incantation SL III and IV Lore are moved down to 6 and 8. (at last if the wiki is still correct with the placement)

Observation:

Planning:

I hope with the change we only overwrite the description and not the complete skill as I heard the mod tool would do.

About clique abilities I don't think we should mess around there unless something is serious broken as it was repeat told they will change in year 2 and some that are horrible this year will be great in the next years while some great one will become horible.

Edit: Just found something we have broken ... School Survival the 2 new skills (Field Medicine & Test Taking) don't show up in the Expand Choice of Subskill! So if we change something at the main skill we probably also overwrite the reverence of the sub skills with the one of version 1.0 and if there was a new skill added in a DLC we break it!

Archived