Black Chicken Studios Forums

van Tibernius Mathematics School

Schwarzbart

Background: Academy: van Tibernius Mathematics School

Background Type: Education

Background Cost: 1

Action Types: Background

The van Tibernius Mathematics School was started 1 year ago in Mineta by a old successful merchant. This school so far only has one classroom and most students are irregulars. That's why usually there's only between 1 and 2 dozens students visiting the class. Its focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons.

Somehow you managed to become an irregular student at this school which informs you in all Arithmetic subskills and allows you to visit the school.

Effect: Inform all Arithmetic SS; add Location van Tibernius Mathematics School, add visitation rights van Tibernius Mathematics School

Region: The City of Mineta

Discoverable

Exploration Difficulty 8

Discovery Chance 2

Describtion: The van Tibernius Mathematics School was started 1 year ago in Mineta by a old successful merchant. This school so far only has one classroom and most students are irregulars. That's why usually there's only between 1 and 2 dozens students visiting the class. Its focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons. Once a student have a deep enough understanding in Arithmetic this school also offer advanced economy studies that help improving the economy skills even past the normal limit of 10 if the student is willing to spend enough time on it.

The Tuition for a Academagica Student is 800 pims per year and this is already a discount to the normal costs.

Abilities: Study at van Tibernius; Pay Tuition for van Tibernius Mathematics School; Advanced Economy Studies

Ability: Study at van Tibernius Mathematics School

Duration Type: Action

Duration: 1

Study at the van Tibernius Mathematics School expands a random Arithmetic subskill by 2 and also expands up to two of the following by one step if your Study Habits are up to it:

Accounting, Administration, Negotiate, Famous Geometry Problems, Geometric Laws, Trigonometry or Drafting

Action Types: Academic; Beneficial

Requirement: Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1 = True

Effect: increase random Arithmetics +2 Steps, Reference Table van Tibenius School, Int + Study Habits vs 13 for Reference Table van Tibernius School

Ability: Pay Tuition for van Tibernius Mathematics School

Pay 800 pims as Student of Academagica to become a irregular student at the van Tibernius Mathematics School.

Action Types: Academic

Requirement: pay 800 pim; Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1 = false

Effect: Set Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1; Add visitation rights van Tibernius Mathematics School

Ability:Advanced Economy Studies

Once your Arithmetic becomes good enough (=>8) you can join the deeper studies of economy at the Tibernius Mathematics School.

Its mostly practical application of what you learned before in this school under the supervision of a teacher.

You always have to pay 20 Pims upfront in materials and investments but your reward is anything from 0 to 50 pims; a Random Economics skill level or even a increase of a maximum of a Economics skill.

Requirement: Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1 = True; Arithmetic => 8; pay 20 pims

Effect: Reference Table Economy Studies

Reference Table Economy Studies

1) Accounting expand by 1 level

2) Accounting max expand by 1 level

3) 5 pims

4) Administration expand by 1 level

5) Administration max expand by 1 level

6) 20 pims

7) Negation expand by 1 level

8) Negation max expand by 1 level

9) 30 pims

10) Transport expand by 1 level

11) Transport expand by 2 level

12) Transport max expand by 1 level

13) 40 pims

14) 50 pims

Reference Table van Tibernius School

1) Accounting expand by 1 step

2) Administration expand by 1 step

3) Negotiate expand by 1 step

4) Famous Geometry Problems expand by 1 step

5) Geometric Laws expand by 1 step

6) Trigonometry expand by 1 step

7) Drafting expand by 1 step

Is anyone interested in this school as one of my minimod's? I know its a bit strong for a Background ability but I don't think its imbalanced and because the team refuse to improve the Prodigy: Mathematical Genius background that it is reasonable to take I came up with this.

Continue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From an RP perspective it's fine, although you might want someone to go over the spelling etc in the description.

As for power, I wouldn't say it's too strong. In fact, I probably wouldn't take it on a powergame playthrough considering I can get an attribute point instead.

I'm not a big fan of % rolls. A 50% chance makes it hard for the player to plan out their advancement because the outcome of their actions is unpredictable, and it strongly rewards save/reload style play. This is very obvious for that ability that has a 50% chance of expanding 4 instruments. Play without reloading and it averages to 2SS/action which is weak. Play with reloading and it's a powerful 4SS/action ability that can quickly max the music skill.

Is the +2 arithmetic skill step or skill level? If the former then a character with good attributes will generally only get 1SS worth of benefits because excess beyond what's needed to raise the level don't count.

Assuming it's SS (which is in line with most attribute increasing abilities) then this is a background point for an action which will usually gain the PC 2 SS or 3 if they pass a difficult roll which will not usually be green for even an advanced character and will not be possible in the early game.

Also, like most skill training abilities the value of this one will diminish as skills get maxed

That's not really all that good. Plus, most of the skills that it trains are not high-priority skills that show up frequently in adventures.

If you want this to be in balanced in line with the 'top-tier' backgrounds (those that give an attribute, those that unlock an adventure, maybe prodigy: curiosity and a few others) then consider one of:

- Make it give a point of intelligence as well

- Make the training give 4 SS. This is powerful but not OP for an ability that doesn't expand "choice of subskill" and that costs a background point.

- Write an adventure that requires the background and that gives better rewards for the time required than the average student adventure (as even a heavily powergamed character will not run out of student adventures to do). Something like +1 attribute & +1-3 SS/action in 4 or fewer actions would do the trick

@hdghg Its skill step so the maximum you can get from the Ability are 3 raise in level. Because 50% of all Arithmetic SS need at last 2 steps to raise a level, no matter how high your attribute is, the 2 skill step are great.

As it is now I personal see it as good very early game tool with the 3 skill step and a great ability for mid / late game if you pushing Study Habits first and don't have Arithmetic and Geometric as class.

I full know that adding 1 of each attribute at the start is important but past this you can consider what to do with your background points. In my last play trough such a ability would be the equivalent of around 20 more SS because I had to accept many 2 SS Sphinx results after like 5-6 rerolls with even worse results.

Btw. complaining about the spelling in the text and not pointing out what the problems are helps no one (beside I use already a tool for GB English) !

Here's my spell check:

Background: Academy: van Tibernius Mathematics School

Background Type: Education
Background Cost: 1
Action Types: Background

The van Tibernius Mathematics School was started 1 year ago in Mineta by a old successful merchant. This school so far only has one classroom and most students are irregulars. That's why usually there's only between 1 and 2 dozens students visiting the class. It's focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons.
Somehow you managed to become an irregular student at this school which informs you in all Arithmetic subskills and allows you to visit the school.

Effect: Inform all Arithmetic SS; add Location van Tibernius Mathematics School, add Visitation Rights van Tibernius Mathematics School

Discoverable
Exploration Difficulty: 8
Discovery Chance: 5

Description: The van Tibernius Mathematics School was started 1 year ago in Mineta by a old successful merchant. This school so far only has one classroom and most students are irregulars. That's why usually there's only between 1 and 2 dozens students visiting the classes. It's focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons.
Abilities: Study at van Tibernius

Region: The City of Mineta

Ability: Study at van Tibernius Mathematics School

Study at the van Tibernius Mathematics School expands a random Arithmetic subskill by 2 and also expands two of the following by one step if your Study Habits are up to it:
Accounting, Administration, Negotiate, Famous Geometry Problems, Geometric Laws, Trigonometry or Drafting

Action Types: Academic; Beneficial

Effect: Expand random Arithmetics +2 Steps, Reference Table van Tibenius School, Int + Study Habits vs 13 for Reference Table van Tibernius School

Reference Table van Tibernius School

1) Accounting expand by 1 step
2) Administration expand by 1 step
3) Negotiate expand by 1 step
4) Famous Geometry Problems expand by 1 step
5) Geometric Laws expand by 1 step
6) Trigonometry expand by 1 step
7) Drafting expand by 1 step

Is anyone interested in this school as one of my mini-mods? I know it's a bit strong for a Background ability but I don't think it's imbalanced and because the team refuses to improve the Prodigy: Mathematical Genius background that it is reasonable to take I came up with this.

Bold are what was already bold or obvious mistakes, possibly on my part, Cursive are things that I'm not sure about.

Personally, well, my last playthrough skipped pretty much all of those skills and never missed them. And background point? Really short supply, spend on pumping attributes.

Looks like my aim what I want to reach in the end is by now different then the rest ^^.

My goal by now is to train all skills available as class in year 1 to 10 and if not possible at last as many as possible so the character is flexible in what skills I take in year 2 as class.

Thanks Metis but apparently there isn't any interest for this minimod so I keep the version I publish currently with all the text mistakes for my personal use only.

I wasn't aware that some arithmetic skills needed >1 SS to train... I guess that shows how often I train them! As you say, maxing class skills isn't a key goal of mine. That might change when Y2 comes out if there's a particular class I really want to take, but I do choose a different college for each game so I will eventually get all classes done by at least one character. I haven't done Vernin yet though so no arithmetic.

Sorry I didn't go over the text in detail, but it was late when I wrote my post and I needed to get to sleep. Looks like Metis has a pretty good handle on the text, although there's one of the cursive comments I'd disagree with:

It's focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons.

Should be

Its focus is Arithmetic but Geometric and Economic are also taught depending on the teacher giving lessons.

Yeah, like I said I'm not sure on the cursive bits and 's and I have a long history that, rest assured, has nothing at all to do with English class. Because that was completely useless.

Anyway.

Arithmetic isn't that hard to learn, two skills have a training modifier of 1.5 and the other two only 1. The latter two you can 0/0 train with Selective Focus, the former two you can take the edge off with SF to get consistent 0/1 if you have a reasonably decent Intelligence score. As for getting all class skills to 10, well, that indeed isn't a goal of mine. Given the horrible inefficiency of classes I kinda don't want to show off to the teachers and get "benefits" like extra classes. If I need to train something I'll talk with the Sphinx.

Hmm, actually I under-estimated maths in earlier discussions - and you don't often get math-related bonuses from RE and adventure's, so it would be a handy booster, being a geek I would also quite like a "mini-me" on the math side who could also do the cool stuff that I can't!

I wonder though, if people think it should be improved, whether something like +5 or +10 pims might do the trick to make it worth it in the early game - a nothing once you have the skills to cruise the roll but plenty enough to get the black sheep going at the outset. The pims could be justified by you doing basic accounting-type work for the masters - they teach you by giving you scut-work accounting problems from their sponsors, and those who do very well at the work (i.e. roll high) get to chew the fat with the professors and thereby learn the more-than-just-math tricks of the trade.

Actually I've probably underestimated math, as well.

Unfortunately, my primary interest in the field, arithmancy, is not truly seen in Y1, merely hinted and alluded to. I can see taking a math class in Y2 in certain circumstances. given how useful arithmancy must be to all pillars.

I just like to think of mathemagics and mathemagicians :rolleyes:

In practice understanding some math/science could allow much more efficient casting (like using leverage to shift a boulder rather than just heaving it up), but it depends on how strong the normal laws of physics, etc are in a magical world. In practice though Academagia has so many refined skills that unless Yr 2 has some sort of cross-cap (i.e. economics max of 15 unless you have math at least 10) a lot of skills are probably less necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

I change this now to a Adventure Reward instead a Background:

Items in the Adventure:

Name: Elvie the silver-breed turtle

Type: Pet

Passive Ability: +1 Swim +5 Vitality Max +1 Hide

Worth: 0

Description: The silver breed turtle are known that they are next to invisible when they are under water because of their slight silvery carapace. This turtle in special have the name Elvie engraved in the carapace and is used to humans.

Name: van Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial

Type: Scroll

Ability: Enrol at the Tibernius Mathematics School

Effect on use: Set Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1; add Location van Tibernius Mathematics School, add visitation rights van Tibernius Mathematics School, remove item

Worth 800 pim

Description: Usual joining the Tibernius Mathematics School would cost 800 pims for Students of Academagica but you somehow managed to get this coupon that allows you to visit it for free.

Name: van Tibernius Mathematics School Discount

Type: Scroll

Ability: Pay tuition for Tibernius Mathematics School

Effect on use: pay 400 pim; add Location van Tibernius Mathematics School; add visitation rights van Tibernius Mathematics School; Set Memory tuition_vTMS_Y1; remove item

Worth 350 pim

Description: A 400 pim discount for the tuition of Tibernius Mathematics School limited to Students of Academagica. So you only have to pay 400 pim instead of 800 normal for students of Academagica. Vendors wont offer you the full 400 pim as it is limited to Academagica Students.

Elvie 01

Requirement: Observation 3+ Amphibians 1+

Title: The wounded turtle

Your on your way back from the city to Academagica and did chose to walk along the river Arcadia. Sudenly you spot some silver shimmer at the shores.

When you get closer you realised its just a turtle but it appears to be wounded. Now what should you do?

1) Continue your way

Autosuccess: Who care about a wild turtle? At last not you! You just continue your walk to the Canal Gate.

Adventure Ends

2) Animal Handling: Bring it to the bestiary of Academagica.

Animal Handling + Finesse

Success: You carefully pick the turtle up and then you spot the name Elvie engraved on its back. It appears this turtle is not so wild after all and you can transport it without any problems to the bestiary. From the caretaker who took care of the turtle you even learned that this silver-breed turtles are not native to Mineta.

Ethics +1; Amphibians +1; Continue to Elvie 03

Failure: You try to pick the turtle up but this stupid turtle bits you in the finger and then even dive into the river. Later you learned from one of your books that this silver-breed turtles are not native to Mineta.

-1 Vitality; Amphibians +1; Adventure Ends

3) Revision Methods: cast a healing spell

Revision Methods + Int

Success: You cast your spell and it took hold on the turtle, soon you see the wounds closing. The turtle then walk towards you and now you can spot the name Elvie engraved on its back. Locks like its not a wild animal after all.

Field Medicine +1; Direct Continue to Elvie 02

Failure: All you managed with the mini sandstorm show you created from your spell is that the turtle is gone when you again had a clear line of sight. That such stupid mistakes no longer happen to you spend some time to train your Diction.

+1 Stress; +1 Diction; Adventure Ends

4) Field Medicine: take care of the wounds

Field Medicine + Insight

Success: Even if Field Medicine is mostly for humans you know that it is important to calm the patient before doing anything else. And so you approach the turtle and with calm words you managed to keep the turtle form running away when you do first aid with the materials at hand. After you nearly finished with your work you spot the name Elvie engraved on its back.

Animal Handling +1; Direct Continue to Elvie 02

Failure: You try to help this stupid turtle but it have nothing better to do then to bit you and then dive away in the river. At last you managed to learn later from a book that this silver-breed turtles are not native to Mineta.

-1 Vitality; Amphibians +1; Adventure Ends

Elvie 02

Title: Elvie and now?

After you took care of the wounds you now have to decide what you should do with the turtle named Elvie. Right now you can think of 2 options you have.

Amphibians +1

1) Leave it where you found it

You think after the worst of the wounds are taken care now this turtle will find its way home on its own. But when you turn your back on it try to follow you so you decided to run back to the Academagica. Later you even learned from a book that you found a silver-breed turtle and that they are not native to Mineta.

Running +1; Adventure Ends

2) Bring it to the bestiary of Academagica

Strangely Elvie let you carry to the bestiary without any problems. There you was praised for the first aid you did and even learned that this silver-breed turtles are not native to Mineta

Confidence +1; continue to Elvie 03

3) Take care of Elvie for now

You take Elvie back to Academagica where you the read in books how to best care of such a animal. The very first info you found is that you have a silver-breed turtle in front of you and that they are not native to Mineta. IMPORTANT you need to equip Elvie for the adventure continue!

Add Elvie the silver-breed turtle; Inform Elvie the silver-breed turtle; Animal Handling +1; continue to Elvie 05

Elvie 03

Title Visit Elvie at the Bestiary

You think its a good time to have a visit to Elvie, the turtle you found some time back, and so you walk to the bestiary.

1)Pure Luck How is Elvie today?

Luck + Pure Luck vs 18

Success: When you arrive at the cage where they keep Elvie you can't find the turtle any more. After you ask one of the caretaker you got told that the owner was found and was happy to have Elvie back. But they left a Discount Coupon for the Tibernius Mathematics School there for you.

+1 Stress; Willpower +1; add van Tibernius Mathematics School Discount; inform van Tibernius Mathematics School Discount; Adventure Ends

Failure: When you approach the cage where they keep Elvie the turtle already seem to await you.

-1 Stress; Direct continue to Elvie 04

Elvie 04

Title: Caged Elvie

What do you do with Elvie today?

1) Play with the turtle

Autosuccess: You had a lot of fun playing with the turtle and learning new tricks from the caretaker how to handle animals. [familiar name] appears even kind of envious about Elvie.

-1 Stress; +1 Animal Handling; Continue to Elvie 03

2) Take now care of Elvie on your own

Autosuccess: When you tell the caretake that you will take Elvie with you he gives you some informations about turtles so you can take care of this animal. IMPORTANT you need to equip Elvie for the adventure continue!

+1 step Amphibians; Add Elvie the silver-breed turtle; Inform Elvie the silver-breed turtle; Continue to Elvie 05a

3) Paint Elvie

Paint+Finesse

Success: You created a real masterwork if you can say such a thing to your self. But trough painting Elvie you got the feeling the turtle is actual kind of sad. Maybe it miss its rightful owner?

+1 Awearness; Direct Continue to Elvie 05b

Failure: To paint a moving animal is something different then the pictures you paint so fare and so this picture didn't get good enough. At last you got some training so you can try again at a other day.

+1 Paint; Continue to Elvie 03

4) Illustration Make a picture of Elvie

Illustration+Finesse

Success: Your picture nearly looks like the living Elvie except that it don't move. But you can't avoid the feeling that this turtle is kind of sad and want to be back to its owner.

+1 Familiar Handling; Direct Continue to Elvie 05b

Failure: Bring the picture of a animal to paper is harder then you thought even with such a slow moving one like Elvie. But training makes the master, right?

+1 Illustration ; Continue to Elvie 03

Elvie 05a

Requirement: Elvie the silver-breed turtle equipped

Title: Search the owner of Elvie

You think you should search the owner of Elvie now. But where to start? Or is it even better to give her back into the care of the Bestiary?

1) Dedication: Check at the Menageria if someone missing the turtle

Luck+Dedication

Success: You ask at the Menagerie if they know if someone missing this turtle but the person is first on a lost of words. After some moments of silent he finally tell you that they right now so short on people that they barley manage to care for the animals and so the records for missing animals are in a mess.

You agree to help them and working trough the stack you even manage to find a record from a missing turtle that have Elvie engraved on the carapace. When your finished with the work you got 10 pim for this and now even have time to visit the owner. Its a trading house of the van Tibernius family that is given as conact and you where direct brought to the boss when the worker see you have Elvie with you. From this person who introduce him self as Silfan van Tibernius you got a 1 year trial coupon for the Tibernius Mathematics School because you brought back the turtle of his daughter.

Remove Elvie the silver-breed turtle equipped; Add Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Inform Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Filling +1; 10 pims; Adventure Ends.

Failure:You ask at the Menagerie if they know if someone missing this turtle but the person is first on a lost of words. After some moments of silent he finally tell you that they right now so short on people that they barley manage to care for the animals and so the records for missing animals are in a mess.

You agree to help them and working trough the sheer endless stack of missing cats, dogs and other animals. But after you had the 12th record of the same person missing her rat you had enough and sneaked out of the office. Maybe when your back in a few days they managed to sort this mess them self.

+1 Stress; +1 Dispassion; Direct Continue to Elvie 06

2) Sleuthing: What clues do you have to find the owner?

Sleuthing + Int

Success: You know the silver-breed turtle is not native to Mineta so you start to ask around at animal vendors but you fast drop this path because this race was sold to many customers. Now the next clue is the engraving of the Name and looking close it get clear that it must be done by a master engraver as there still some very fine marks that point to the work of a craftsman instead of magic. And right you where, at one of the best places for engraving the shop owner remembers him self about the turtle and that it was someone of the van Tibernius family who have a tradehouse nearby. When you approach the warehouse a small girl around the age of 6 or 7 runs out in your direction "Elvie, Elive are you this?" and the turtle reacts to her calls. "Oh yes, its Evlie! How have I missed you!!! DADDY! This student brought Elvie back!!"

The parent of the girl comes out and introduced him self as "Silfan van Tibernius" and asked you some things like where you had found the turtle and so one. After you answered this to his satisfaction you got a 1 year trial coupon for the Tibernius Mathematics School

Remove Elvie the silver-breed turtle equipped; Add Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Inform Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Dedication +1; Adventure Ends.

Failure: You know the silver-breed turtle is not native to Mineta so you start to ask around at the animal vendors. The third vendor you visit claims this turtle is his but when you ask for the name of the turtle he started with Da just to correct him self to Belne when he spot the engraving. Because there was clearly something foul you left this shop but the vendor send his dog after you. The dog still hit his teeth into you feet for a short moment but didn't get a hold on you and so you managed to escape.

-1 Vitality; +1 Running; Direct Continue to Elvie 06

3) Planets: Maybe the current Planet constellation give you hints where to find the owner

Insight+Planets

Success: The lead you got from the divination is to go where you found the turtle. So you walk to the shores of river arcadia where you found the turtle. There you spot a young girl with noble cloths searching for something and when you hear her shouting "Elvie, where are you?" you know you found the owner.

When your getting close the girl looks up in your direction and when she spot the turtle "This is ... Elvie? Yes its her! I know I will find her today! Thanks for bringing her back!" To a coachman nearbe she then says:

"Mirko we have a guest on our drive back. My father have to give this person the reward he promised for returning Elvie"

You take a seat in the coach. Because the girl only have eyes for the turtle you talk with Mirko and learned a bit how to handle the horses in front of a coach. He even allow you to hold the reins for a short time. After a not to long drive you arrive at a large warehouse. There the girl shout "DADDY! This student found Elvie!!"

The parent of the girl comes out, introduced him self as "Silfan van Tibernius" and then ask you some questions like where you had found the turtle and so one. After you answered this to his satisfaction you got a 1 year trial coupon for the Tibernius Mathematics School

Remove Elvie the silver-breed turtle equipped; Add Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Inform Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Drive Carriage +1; Adventure Ends.

Failure: Your divination gave you directions to one of the poorer parts of Mineta. When your going past a huge pile of stinking rumble a fast driving coach comes from behind! You fast look around but the only place to escape the horses is to jump direct into this rumble heap. Man your now urgently need a bath but at last you found something that might worth some pims when your crawl out of the rumble. That's really enough for today so the search have to wait for a other day.

Add Stenchastic; Add Random common item; +1 Mineta Swager; Direct Continue to Elvie 06

4) Give the turtle into the care of the Bestiary of Academagica

Autosuccess: You have enough from the turtle for now and so decided its best to give it back into the care of the Bestiary of Academagica.

Remove Elvie the silver-breed turtle; -1 Dedication; Continue to Elvie 03

Elvie 05b

Title: Use the Picture to find the owner

Armed with a picture of Elvie you walk through the gate of Academagica. Its not a long walk till Mineta and you still have to come up with a idea how to find the owner of the turtle!

1) Transport: Ask around the city

You start to ask some passer by when a driver with a stuck cart wave you over. Reluctant you walk to him. "Ho kido this picture you show around look like the turtle of boss's doughter." "Say ya what. You'd help me with da cart and I will bring you to da boss. Have we a deal?" Because its you best lead you help the man and he then tell you that you should get the turtle wile he make the delivery and he meet you on his back way. You have your doubt that the man will be there but still you get Elvie and then get to the place where you should meet the driver. The man was true to his words and waited already at the agreed place. After a uneventful drive you arrived at a warehouse where a young girl is playing in front of it. When the girl spot the turtle after you got of the cart she comes running.

"Is this? ... This is Elvie! DADDY! Someone found Elvie!" A man in noble clothes comes out of the warehouse and introduce him self as Silfan van Tibernius. After your asked some questions like where you had found the turtle and so one he gave you a 1 year trial coupon for the Tibernius Mathematics School as reward for finding the turtle of his doughter. When you about to leave the driver ask you if he can trade the picture of the turtle for a Box of Chocolates as he can't afford a pet for his own child. So you agreed to this deal.

Add Box of Chocolates; Add Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Inform Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Brute Strength +1; Adventure Ends.

Failure: You carry around the picture you made without any protection so you easy can show it to people passing by. Because you found Elvie at river Arcadia you walk along it to ask the people there first. Suddenly you hear some loud noice and when your looked its to late your drenched by a large wave to the bones up to your hips. What's worse the paint of Elvie is now some kind of abstract art. You have to go back to your room to get dry clothing and even make a new picture of Elvie so you call it a day. When you try again with a picture you probably better use some kind of transport case.

+1 Stress; +1 Transport; Continue to Elvie 03

2) Calligraphy: Make copys of the picture to make some found poster

Finesse + Calligraphy

Success: You turn around and get to your dorm to make some poster with the text "Turtle found please contact the bestiary of Academagica or the 1st year Student [Player Name]". That you don't have to waste to much time you used a method that destroys the original in the action to copy the poster. After that you spend a lot of time to find good places to put them up.

Next day you where called to the Bestiary and when you arrive there a middle aged man and a 6-7 year old child waiting near the cage of Elvie and the turtle in the hand of the child. The Man speaks up "You're [Player Name] who found the turtle of my daughter?" "I want to tank you in the name of the van Tibernius family. And as reward we offer you free entrance to the Tibernius Mathematics School for this year." when he said this he hand you a 1 1 year trial coupon for said school.

Add Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Inform Tibernius Mathematics School 1 year trial; Grammar +1; Adventure Ends

Failure: You turn around and get to your dorm to make some poster with the text "Turtle found please contact the bestiary of Academagica or the 1st year Student [Player Name]". That you don't have to waste to much time you used a method that destroys the original in the action to copy the poster. When you then have a look at your copys they are all so bad that you have to trash them and with your original also now useless you would need to get a new picture of the turtle. But for today you wasted enough time with this.

+1 Stress; +1 Ink Compounds; Continue to Elvie 03

Elvie 6

Title: Return back to Academagica

You didn't manage to find the owner of Elvie and when you return to Academagica a older Student from your dorm comes towards you.

1) Composure: Do he want something from you?

Luck+Composure

Success: The older student ask you if you have seen [Random Student of your College] but you didn't so the student continue the search.

IMPORTANT you still need to have Elvie equipped for the next adventure step!

Schoolyard Education +1; Continue to Elvie 05a

Failure: The older Student ask you "Your [Player Name]?" after you said yes you get told that Professor Regnault Pachait was searching for you and you should visit him immediately!

When you enter the office of the professor he tells "There you are! I was looking for you earlier. I remove 2 Merit from your College because I couldn't find you when it was important! The owner of the turtle you have in care is found. So I take this turtle now and make sure it is returned to the owner." Because it looked like the professor returned to his papers you are about to leave. When you open the door the Professor address you again "Have I told we are finished? I remove one more Merit from you College for your impatience! I finaly found the reward I should hand to you for finding the turtle, some kind of discount coupon." After he gave you this. "Now you can leave."

Remove Elvie the silver-breed turtle; add van Tibernius Mathematics School Discount; inform van Tibernius Mathematics School Discount; -3 Merit; Adventure Ends

Archived